Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2015, 10:15 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGBPokes View Post
On my previous gasser, bought it with 23K miles, the OEM shocks were toast. Changed to Bilsteins, nice improvement. At 60 K miles changed to Konis. Even better ride than Bilsteins.

Current DP has Bilsteins 44K miles. At some point in the future, I will change to Konis
glad they work for you got any videos with it going down a bumpy califonia high way.... or getting passed by a bus?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2015, 11:17 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
the problem with the bilstiens is the factory bilstiens are not the same as the ones you buy from bilstien

the bilstien is a better shock after market... and I think they are the best available....
That may very well be. But you know what happens when you put a product out there with your name on it and it isn't a good product right? You earn a reputation. Too bad for them, but they earned it.

Old 06-25-2015, 03:30 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky1320 View Post
That may very well be. But you know what happens when you put a product out there with your name on it and it isn't a good product right? You earn a reputation. Too bad for them, but they earned it.
well, kinda.... fords engineers gave them the valve specks to build the shocks.....

then put bilstiens name on them... they should be black with no name... you can't buy the part number from bilstien.... ford only
Old 06-25-2015, 04:15 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
well, kinda.... fords engineers gave them the valve specks to build the shocks.....

then put bilstiens name on them... they should be black with no name... you can't buy the part number from bilstien.... ford only
Basically they sold their reputation....and hurt it!
Old 06-25-2015, 05:48 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky1320 View Post
Basically they sold their reputation....and hurt it!
lol... I here ya... bet they made enough to ease the pain though....
enjoy life buddy
Old 06-25-2015, 06:13 PM   #20

Country Coach Owners Club
I like Koni shocks. They've performed well on both of our motorhomes.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT 525HP engine being pushed by a 2007 Cadillac CTS (4 down)
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:10 PM   #21

I wanted to put bilstien on my DP but could not find the part number. I called bilstien and they said they do not make them for a freightliner XC-R chassis. Koni were to much so I put the Sachs back on.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:48 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by koda59 View Post
I wanted to put bilstien on my DP but could not find the part number. I called bilstien and they said they do not make them for a freightliner XC-R chassis. Koni were to much so I put the Sachs back on.
When I took the Sachs off my chassis I could not believe how soft they were, they collapsed with little to no pressure applied. They were not wore out, 2014 chassis with 9k miles. If Bilstein does not make them buy something else, seems to me they have to be better.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:32 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Which shocks are best?

Update: I couldn't find Koni shocks for my Spartan chassis so I ordered four Bilstien shocks from eShocks. The front two are on their way and the rear two are unavailable as they're delayed at the factory until the end of August. It seems that Bilstien now mainly makes OEM shocks for manufacturers and aftermarket shocks are a low priority.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:46 AM   #24

Contact Summit Racing. Get fast delivery
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:35 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana25K View Post
Contact Summit Racing. Get fast delivery
I checked: Summit Racing said they were "special order" shocks, had neither in stock, couldn't give me a price without a purchase order, had no idea when either could be shipped, and weren't even sure if the rear shocks were available. I'm sticking with my original deal.
Old 06-27-2015, 03:07 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
comfort ride or heavy duty

i am looking ton replace the shocks on my roadmaster and was looking at the Bilsteins. Do I want the "comfort ride" or the "heavy duty"? and are Koni's that much better? I need to keep my tour director happy
Old 06-27-2015, 08:56 PM   #27

We have the 8 bag chassis. We just put Bilstien Comfort Ride on all the way around. We are assuming the ones that came off were original. We are very happy. I drove it today and was very pleased with the difference. Lots of old railroad track here in eastern Ohio and it practically glided over.
If you have the same shocks as we do the only place I found them in stock was Summit Racing. Every one else I called were back ordered with no truly firm ship date from Bilstien.
I actually ordered them on Thursday. When I did not have a tracking number on Friday aft I called. Turned out their computer flagged it for security because the billing Addy on the credit card didn't match my brother Addy and I had them shipped to him
The young lady automatically had them shipped next day, with Sat delivery to boot, at their expense even after I explained that 1) we could certainly wait a few days for them to arrive or that 2) We were only 45 minutes from their Talmaddage , OH Warehouse where they were shipping from and we could run over and pick them up
Summit had our part number listed heavy duty. When I questioned him the sales guy called Bilstien and double checked to be sure they were right
Summit will certainly get my business from now on

Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shocks