Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-07-2011, 10:41 PM   #15
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Maybe it's just me. But a toilet that doesn't work without power makes me a little nervous. I know there's always the great outdoors but when its cold and rainy outside...

One More Spoiled RVer

2004 Winnebago Brave 34D with the usual add-ons
Jackm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2011, 09:54 AM   #16
Vintage RV Owners Club
on my thetford aria deluxe if the power goes out I have a dial that I turn and it will dump the solids. I suppose I would have to fill it up with water by hand to flush it again till i got power fixed. so yes I can flush no matter what happens. will see about water when i hook it up. hope that clears that ?.

I don't see a problem retrol fitting an electric tolit to an older coach. just need to hook up a 12 volt wire and ground and away ya go. heck for $75.00 instead of $500 or $700 at todays prices, i'll give it a shot. no I wouldn't put one in for that kind of price but for what I paid, not much to lose. lol.

John & Colleen Weston & Cassie(our cat) -Olympia,WA
1978 GMC Midas Class A 30FT-454 Engine, 400 T
Outlaw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:48 AM   #17
"Formerly Diplomat Don"
Newmar Owners Club
We have the Thetford Aria Deluxe II. Its porcelan with an elongated seat ( important issue to bigger people). It has pushbutton flush with a two position switch for water saving. One position gives you one squirt of rinse water, the other gives four. Its been flawless for six years.
Don & Mary
2014 Newmar Dutch Star - All Electric - 450 ISL
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:40 AM   #18
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I didn't think you could flush them if the electrics malfunctioned, but subsequent posters state there's a manual method.

Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post

My Techma is great (as toilets go) It doesn't let any smell into the bus ever, heck the black water hardly smells. Water usage is programmed and minimal. Works great.

I dunno about retrofitting into a rig that didn't come with one, but I will never ever ever go back to a manual potty that opens the black tank to my world when I step on the pedal, give me a pushbutton every time.
Adios, Dirk - '84 Real Lite Truck Camper, '86 Wilderness Cimarron TT, previously 4 years as a fulltimer in a '07 DSDP

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, but millions of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:10 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
You haven't had the BEST until you've tried the Dometic Magnum Opus or the Dometic Concerto toilets. They are both complete porcelain & electric and just as good or better than any S&B toilet you will find.

I personally own the Magnum Opus after having too many seal & motor problems with the Thetford Aria II. I will never own anything else. If I ever change coaches, which most likely will not happen, there are some things that will go with me, one is the Magnum Opus toilet.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
2002 Monaco Windsor PBT 40Ft. (R HOME) - 30Ft. 2006 Pace Trailer (R JUNK). Trailer Has 06 VUE (R TOWD) 04 Victory Alen Ness Edition (R RYDE). Full-Timer for 14 Yr's BUT now a Part-Timer. Cummins ISC-350 With Banks Power Pack and Upgraded PRXB PacBrake.
Winter Home in Flagler Beach FL - Now Staying in Dansville NY for the Summer.
Dr4Film is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #20
Country Coach Owners Club
Our Microflush has been quite good.

1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote