Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-09-2015, 10:03 PM   #1
Which to buy???

I buy a used motorhome every year and use it for the spring/summer and then resale when summer is over, that way I don't have to store them. I buy them right and usually make a 5-10k profit. Like to stay around the $15-25k range with less than 40k miles, this puts me in the late 90's to early 2000's market where I live. Find most people can afford this amount and getting financed isn't such a great deal for most folks. We use them only for camping on the weekends.

Was set on a class a this year with a superslide, like to stay around 30 feet to get into the camping places we like to go. Like the room and storage and levelers. Found a nice 2000 Gulf Stream Palm Breeze 32 foot class a that fits right into my category. Was ready to go and purchase this weekend when I got a chance to buy a 2006 Coachmen Freelander 30 foot class C with no slides. Class C's where I live are very high in demand, can make about $5k on the class A or $10k on the C. The problem is I'm not in love with the class C's with no slides, they just seem tiny but the grandkids do LOVE the overhead bed. I spend quite a bit of time searching for the right one to buy, good deals are hard to find, cheap ones are usually cheap for a reason! Sure I could turn the C quickly but then I'm back to square one to find another A. Always love the money but just not sure I'm into selling and starting all over again. Very hard in this age and price range to find ones that have been cared for and the inside doesn't have a lot of wear or the outside is not faded badly.

Have until this weekend to make a decision, hard to say no to the fast cash but I really do like the Gulf Stream. So convince me either way what you would do...

89sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2015, 10:19 PM   #2
Why not buy both?

2003 Itasca Sunrise 32v F53
Okiedoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:50 PM   #3
Thought about that but instead of just camping in one on the weekends the little woman would have me living in one full time
89sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 11:36 PM   #4
Other than a dealer you're the first one (owner) that I ever heard of that makes money selling an RV Congrats! Very smart way to have your cake and eat it too!
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:29 PM   #5
Newmar Owners Club
Hi 89Sandman,
What will be the easiest to sell? Most likely, the coach with a slide(s).
2005 Newmar KSDP 3910 + GMC ENVOY XUV 37K lbs Moving Down The Road
The Avatar Is Many Times Around The USA
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:41 PM   #6
Tiffin Owners Club
First time owners love the idea of slides. They've never seen that space maker before! Ix2 with GaryKD with going with the slides. Pretty crowded with kids otherwise.
Dances with wolves
Linda and Bob.
2015 Allegro33aa.
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:57 PM   #7
Tiffin Owners Club
Are you in it for the money? Buy the C you don't really want, use it, sell it for the bigger bucks.

Are you in it for the enjoyment? Buy the A you really want, use it, sell it for smaller bucks.

Either way it sounds like you will make a profit.

Larry and Prissy Sharp
2006 Allegro Bay 37DB
2012 Toyota Yaris
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote