Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-08-2012, 11:26 PM   #15
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club

I used to have a bumper pull (travel trailer) but I have a spinal condition that is getting worse (7 surgeries/proceedures) and it got to the point that I was not able to hitch/level it on my own without significant pain.

After 14 months of searching, I finally found my dream coach last October. She is a 32' class A. Has auto steps (very nice for those of us with bad backs), what is even better is the leveling jacks!! Pure heaven! No more having to put down scissor jacks and other jacks to hand-level my old rig! I do not believe that a lot of class C's have that option-- it is more after-market item with those coaches (I think the newer models are likely to have that).

It is a basement model so LOT's of storage. SO nice to be able to store stuff down below instead of taking it into the cabin and finding room in there. EASY to drive. Plenty of room for me and all of my fur-kids. Nice big holding tanks. Double what I had with my TT. Very nice size frig/freezer.

I did decide on a floor plan as I have limitations- due to my condition- and I wanted certain amenities.

Due to my limited budget, I do not have slides but can see how they would be nice- if your budget allows for them.

Good luck and please post any question, that you may have. There are a lot of people, here, who have a ton of experience and more than willing to share it. I know that they have been a God-send to me!!!

1990 Itasca Suncruiser 32'
1996 V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
7 Pomeranians, a white Chuihuhia & a 1982 Honda Express Scooter
~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #16
Country Coach Owners Club
Lets start with your toad (towed vehicle) That's the easy one. Check out this site for what can be towed and how to do it. http://www.motorhomemagazine.com/Din...-Towing-Guide/ One thing about the Remco transmission circulation pumps check with several someones who installs them on a regular basis and get their opinion. I found out that they were having up to a 50% failure rate and to install properly would cost about $2500.

Next go to RV.org. Pay out what they ask and join. For the $150 or so you get a great book that outlines many of the ins and outs of buying and rv. What you're going to use it for, if you should go towed or self contained and a myriad of other things that you're probably ignorant of. (I know I was) They also have a wonderful rating system for RVs both towables and self contained. I spent about 18 months researching mine. That's what he said to do if you were smart and my initial thought was "that's BS!!!!" But I found it to be true. Once you narrow it down to a couple of brands and models go to oodle.com and plug in what you're looking for. It will search a huge number of sites for items that meet your criteria and send you an email every day with what's new.
Good Luck. Remember you are looking for something that fits you not what fits someone else. The only other advice I can give is run away from the salesman that is in a rush to close a deal as fast as you can.

pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote