Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-19-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
Who are the oldest RVers here? (just had to ask)

Go ahead and lie to us. Just say you know someone or a couple that are 105 yrs old . But well suspect its probably you the storys about anyway

heres my story

In the 60s I had a great aunt and uncle that had a 67,I think,dodge sportsman? van and they pulled a trailer to alaska (still gravel alcan hwy til one got to AK state line. That was their last trip i think.
they were both about 85 +years.
So how old am I now? 135?
No, really, this is a real story..no fibbin

PalmSprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
I'm 79; I met a couple in Yellowstone a couple of years ago in a motorhome they were both were 85 and were heading for florida. Husband sold his fishing boat that he had in Alaska.
I met a women in Ocala National forest a few years ago;(she was traveling alone) pulling an old airstream, she was 91.

melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:29 PM   #3
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm 76 and have no intention of slowing down, both figuratively and literally, until I get old. Give me a wave as I go by. My irv2 plaque says CHUCK 1935 on it. I'm the one in the left lane with the hammer down !
NOTE; I am not responsible for typos, poor grammer or misspelled word !
04 Itasca, Meridian 34H, 330 Cat/2003 CR V Toad
1933 Ford 3 Window,as seen in Bye Bye Birdie
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #4
Ford Super Duty Owner
My avatars are out of date, but it is too much trouble to change them. Sergeantxx are all over the internet and I keep on having birthdays. I was 81 this year. I have had others but they are not active anymore.
xx=73 and 80
Retired US Air Force and IBM
Sergeant80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:03 PM   #5
We have several RVers with motor homes in our RV club that are over 80.
B Bob
Country Coach 42' Affinity
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:00 AM   #6
Monaco Owners Club
My mom and dad fulltimed until they were 75. They kept their coach and did local camping with thier club, and the winter snowbird thing from Ohio until they were 80. They are 84 now and live in a condo in a retirement village a couple miles from us. They still visit us when we camp local (at the same campground they stayed at during thier summers fulltiming)
97windsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #7
alright whoever you are...let me give you a lesson i hope you will learn on aging. compared to so many people on this forum i am a snotty nosed punk at 67. my whole life has been spent in show business from music to radio and tv so i take your question minimally seriously (two adverbs i know. but you didnt). you seem to be fascinated by the accomplishments of people in their 80's and 90's who kept on keeping on. they didnt plan on getting old but they never admitted it. they took it a day at a time. as my late friend steve bruton (the inspiration for 'crazy heart) told me...'its not about years, months or minutes. its moment to moment no matter how old you are.' perhaps unscrewing the fresh water fill hose is a little painful. perhaps you need a cpap to breathe while you're sleeping. perhaps tonights tacos gave you the 'green apple quickstep'. if the moho started and the designated is there with you, life couldnt be better. dont ever forget...rich is money. wealth is time. and my account is full. all i hope is that at some point some 88 year old former chp trooper will deck me for hitting on his wife.
buki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #8
So after I got back from the civil war I took the grandkids out for the weekend and gave them a good start in RV'n. I figured if it was a good enough tradition for my grandpappy, who took us RV'n after we got off the Mayflower, it was good enough for me.
bucks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:23 PM   #9
yea...you and your mother.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:26 PM   #10
excuse me. i may have mistaken sarcasm in this case to cynicism. either way, there'll be time enough for sleeping child when the day is done.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:23 PM   #11
Just turned 78, bought my first motorhome 40 years ago, gas was 30 cents/gal.
wazone3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:07 PM   #12
Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Cool Age

Hey Buki, I thought that I was the only one to use the phrase, "green apple quickstep". Me and the guy I learned it from, that is. If we ever meet I may be the old retired Ct. State Trooper that gives it toyou for hittin on my wife. We refer to ourselves as "ORF's". Old Retired F---s" (fill in the blanks.) And, every month I run a breakfast for our guys. The young guys are getting older and the old guys keep showing up.

Great attitude, keep it up. I'm only 72.
Joe from Ct.
johnsonjm209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:09 PM   #13
Workhorse Chassis Owner
coming up 80 in February. We just returned last week from a 2011 mile trip from San Jose, CA to Bellingham, Washington and back.
We once full timed for 5 years from 1982 until 1987. We are gong again for the winter, somewhere?? Been RV'ing since 1979 and trailering before that going back to 1953. I even built one trailer in 1956 and 7.
Bill, Jann
2004 Rexhall Rexair, W22, 3250BSL, Vortec 8.1, Allison 5 speed, 2 slides, Saturn SC2 and 2013 Chev Sonic toads.
BEBOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:57 AM   #14
When your old you lose one body part at a time; just like an old car; but you just keep it running, just like the old car.
I just lost my gual bladder, but the old body just keeps going; Oh happy days.

melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote