Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2013, 07:40 AM   #15
AGP

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like there is some confusion between a "Sleep Number" mattress and a
"Select Comfort"mattress. The "Sleep Number" is a poor substitute for a "Select Comfort"
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2013, 07:59 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP View Post
Sounds like there is some confusion between a "Sleep Number" mattress and a
"Select Comfort"mattress. The "Sleep Number" is a poor substitute for a "Select Comfort"
Actually, they're the same thing. Select Comfort is the company name. Sleep Number is the trade name for the mattresses.

Sleep Number Beds and Mattress by Sleep Number

"©2000-2013 Select Comfort. SLEEP NUMBER, SELECT COMFORT and the Double Arrow Design are registered trademarks of Select Comfort Corporation."
Old 10-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #17

Well where do we start, first off, we "Love" the SN-Beds, so much so, we have one in the S&B as well in the Motorhome. We did have to do some drilling some holes to run the air lines and we added some length to them so the pump had room to ride underneath in the center. One other thing, I hope you bought yours from the factory and not a dealer. By buying from the factory you save a ton, I Mean A TON of Money, hard to believe the mark up on these beds. Have fun and enjoy the air-bed!
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Delmar, Md.
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:05 AM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
wow good to known i thought you set it and forget it. my guess around fl.
no proublum ? east coast ? lots of great help hear thanks john
kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
First question to ask is have you ever slept on a sleep number? Try it out before you spend a lot of money on sheets and stuff for it. Not everyone likes them and if you haven't tried them before you will want to try it first.

Thom and I tried one for a few weeks. The bed either went very hard to OMG I did not realize it could get harder to Oops there's the board underneath. We ended up going with a firm European pillow top mattress instead.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #20

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrateSilly View Post
First question to ask is have you ever slept on a sleep number? Try it out before you spend a lot of money on sheets and stuff for it. Not everyone likes them and if you haven't tried them before you will want to try it first.

Thom and I tried one for a few weeks. The bed either went very hard to OMG I did not realize it could get harder to Oops there's the board underneath. We ended up going with a firm European pillow top mattress instead.
Like anything in life it is not for everybody and that is O.K. It is a good suggestion to try one out.

For what it is worth: We slept on a full wave waterbed our entire marriage of 34 years until retiring to the camper.

A Select number was the only mattress that even came close to providing the comfort we were used to with the waterbed.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #21

If its not one of the upper line models you can greatly improve its comfort level by adding a memory foam topper. We have two, both we bought off craigslist and we like them a lot. But again, the cheaper versions are not that comfortable to us, they need additional padding.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
well i guess trying one out is a good ider. but we heard lots of good stuff
about them. and it is all ready bought and paid for. just need to pick it up
and install in motorhome . so hoping we will love it john
ps. its is the fancy one with twin air baffels and two remotes
kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #23

Ford Super Duty Owner
Oh gaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZGypsie View Post
We have a Sleep Number in the house and I love it! I have a miserable back and it has been a real life saver. Our MH has a really nice Serta that we will wear out, but when the time comes, it will be replaced with a Sleep Number.
I was miserable till I got mine. I like mine like a hammock and the wife hates it. I am a 20 and can't wait to put one in mine!
flangley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
We have had a sleep number bed for several years in our RV. Yes the pump should be mounted under the bed. As far as mattress pads, etc. just treat it like a normal bed. Here's your tip: Since the space beside beds in RVs is limited it is difficult to make the bed. I called sleep number customer service and they sent me free of charge air hose extensions so you can slide the mattress down toward the foot of the bed while you are changing sheets, etc. Enjoy!
pgeddes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tried everything to make ours comfortable, it is now in my garage taking up space. Come to Santa Clara, make me an offer and it is yours.

Don G.
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #26

We sleep on one at home and in RV. Wife needs it for comfortable sleep, her # is 20, mine is 80. We were sold years ago after visiting a select comfort store. If you have a store nearby go experience a sleep number bed. Obviously they are not for everyone, but we love ours.
rkainsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDiver View Post
Generally, the pump goes under the bed and the hoses go up to the head of the bed through holes drilled in the platform. Lay out the mattress first and see where the hoses go into the mattress before you drill the holes (if you need to).
X2 and a memory foam topper works good to.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom View Post
hi we bought a sleep number bed. have not picked it up yet. but have a few things to ask. do we need to cover or pad our bed base [ plywood ] or the hinges. to protect the sleep number bed ? did you mount the pump under the bed ? what about mattress covers ? i see sleep number ones on line are they special ? any tips or imfo you could pass along would be great i cant find a owners manual on line thanks john
I have had my sleep number bed for many years, if you find that you feel a whole, just call sleep number and they will send out foam strips to correct it.. I love my bed and would have no other...
mercedesme2 is offline   Reply With Quote