Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #29

Tops?

Whatever my DW says.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Bullhead, that is a BEAUTIFUL COACH! My dream.... LOL
Old 12-22-2012, 07:51 AM   #31

Excluding Newell, Prevost, and Foretravel, my choice would be Entegra Coach. Just pick your price point, Aspire, Anthem, or Cornerstone. In the end we all simply have to buy what we can afford, and what the DW approves.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks View Post
Excluding Newell, Prevost, and Foretravel, my choice would be Entegra Coach. Just pick your price point, Aspire, Anthem, or Cornerstone. In the end we all simply have to buy what we can afford, and what the DW approves.

I must agree

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #33

You could spend $750k to $1.5M for a high end Prevost and they're beautiful. However, if you look at the basement space, their holding tanks, A/C, and gen limit the storage space significantly. We chose Entegra Anthem and many will argue they are by far the best bang for your dollar in the $275-$475 range and they come with a 2 yr warranty and customer service dept that most find to be the best in the industry. Not to mention that you don't have to constantly take the coach to their factory to have work completed on the coach.

We've been happy enough w/ the coach and the company to upgrade our 43' Anthem to a 45' Anthem within a year. The fact that other Entegra owners have been wonderful to meet and stay in touch with has simply been an unexpected cherry on top for us.

That's a long winded way of saying for our money...give Entegra a look!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
X2 at the price point for Entegra, followed close behind by Newmar.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:57 AM   #35

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmbeard View Post
I bought an entry level coach (Fleetwood Bounder 33U) and in my opinion it is a pretty nice coach, not the best by far, but as an entry level rig it was a great buy, with a lot of livability . Once we get into the lifestyle more (if we do) I'd still be limited to a production model DP at best...money being the constraint. I've always been a middle of the road kinda guy, and I'll probably go out that way too.
X2...bought a THOR Windsport for our first, it's the BEST for us.
cenfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:53 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RISCKY View Post
You could spend $750k to $1.5M for a high end Prevost and they're beautiful. However, if you look at the basement space, their holding tanks, A/C, and gen limit the storage space significantly. We chose Entegra Anthem and many will argue they are by far the best bang for your dollar in the $275-$475 range and they come with a 2 yr warranty and customer service dept that most find to be the best in the industry. Not to mention that you don't have to constantly take the coach to their factory to have work completed on the coach.

We've been happy enough w/ the coach and the company to upgrade our 43' Anthem to a 45' Anthem within a year. The fact that other Entegra owners have been wonderful to meet and stay in touch with has simply been an unexpected cherry on top for us.

That's a long winded way of saying for our money...give Entegra a look!
So Ricsky,

If there is a problem, which any motorhome will have, where do you take your Anthem for service? Are the dealers better able to service your Anthem than other manufacturers who are almost forced to take their MH to the factory.

The big issue on several brands, but one in particular, is that everyone seems to have to take their motorhome to the factory to get anything done correctly which is obviously a pain, depending on where you live in the country, let along the time waiting for weeks to get it done.
Jake62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #37

From what I am told, Georgetown is the number one selling gas motorhome today with Entegra taking over that spot in the DP catagory from Tiffins Allegro line. Looking into those two facts, I believe the Georgetown gives the most standard features like fiberglass roofs, electric window shades and awning, real aluminum wheels etc. for the dollar and Tiffin's quality problems are catching up with them, especially when compared to the almost hand build quailty and floor plans Entegra has adopted.
vincee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Oh Boy here we go again, Ford vs. Chevy. Or should I say Newell vs. Minnie Winne. Jim
Old 12-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
This is for sale right now on e-bay just in time for Christmas
$719,000.00 buy it now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2008 Prevost Millennium-$719000.00.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	30928  
Old 12-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #40

Just my .25 cents (inflation adjusted)

Total sales numbers really don't tell much as a prior poster pointed out regarding McDonalds and burgers.

In the auto industry is a Toyota Camry the 'best' because they sell more sedans than any other sedan? I don't think so.

On top of that a motor home isn't just a vechicle but it's a house as well so who builds a better house: Dr. Horton, Pulte, Toll Brothers, etc.,

From my persepective I think you'd have to look at the quality of the coach once it reaches 10 years old. If you'd still be happy with it and there isn't major problems that would count for much more than a coach that looks great but falls apart after 6 years!
Old 12-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake62 View Post
So Ricsky,

If there is a problem, which any motorhome will have, where do you take your Anthem for service? Are the dealers better able to service your Anthem than other manufacturers who are almost forced to take their MH to the factory.

The big issue on several brands, but one in particular, is that everyone seems to have to take their motorhome to the factory to get anything done correctly which is obviously a pain, depending on where you live in the country, let along the time waiting for weeks to get it done.
Tim/Cindy,

I take it to a local Cummins dealership (that has RV service tech's). Entegra worked out a billing arrangement with them. I call to set appointment, tell them what's going on, they resolve the problem. With Entegra's 2 yr warranty, I've yet to even see a bill. The only thing I see is an email or phone call from Entegra making sure everything was taken care of adequately and that I'm happy. I'm not alone in this; I know Entegra has done this for other Entegra owners.

We all know owning a new RV can at times be a pain with the break in period. Their willingness to be flexible has made owning a new RV...great. As I'm writing this I wondered briefly that maybe I'm just lucky and have great RV techs at my local Cummins dealership...but I've actually taken it to other shops in other states when we had issues while on a trip. Entegra and Spartan worked hand in hand with other shops to get the issues resolved. With the biggest issue we faced, Spartan was about to fly a guy in to make sure it was repaired properly. In the end, the local shop got it done with the help of Entegra and Spartan on a conference call. Based on the stories I've heard from others, it seems that Entegra's willingness to make sure everyone is communicating daily, or as in our case with our "big" issue, they were providing hourly updates via a text or a phone call. Personally, I couldn't ask for more than that.

Having said that, Entegra does encourage owners to bring the coach back to the factory about a year after you get the coach. They keep it for a week, go through it with a fine tooth comb to ensure they fix any issues that the owner doesn't see. Basically a preventative effort if you will. We couldn't be happier.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #42

Having said that, Entegra does encourage owners to bring the coach back to the factory about a year after you get the coach. They keep it for a week, go through it with a fine tooth comb to ensure they fix any issues that the owner doesn't see. Basically a preventative effort if you will. We couldn't be happier.[/QUOTE]

That's terrific and great to know that Entegra is putting customer service at the fore front. I hope their QC at the factory continues and is borne out in the years to come as the Entegra product gets a longer history regarding QC issues. Also, it would be great if you could also bring the MH back at the two-year mark as well, right before the warranty expires
Jake62 is offline   Reply With Quote