Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2012, 06:52 AM   #15

Here is my thought on Tiffin. They build junk...but they will fix their junk if you bring it back to them.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2012, 06:56 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
My vote would be Millennium 2012PrevostMillenniumH_Mill516

I did say Super Bad Ass.

I think this qualifies, How Much?
Old 12-20-2012, 07:01 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake62 View Post
Yes, I believe Newell or Prevosts are at the top. But I don't believe that's the relevant answer to anyone who has a budget under $500K, which I believe most RV owners are can be classified. Just like when looking for any material item: car, boat, house, the "best" is always dictacted by your pocket book. However, the "best" in every price category is another story. So, best DP at every price point can be a fair comparison, or every Gasser or 5er at every price point.

So for me, I'm looking in the 300K range. Yes, this may get me a 10-year old Newell, but I don't want a 10-year coach. At this price range, there are a couple of fine DPs that I believe are quality built. But over the last year, it seems that Entegra and AC are the two stand-outs from the rest, but there are several other that are probably right below them, like Tiffin & Winni.

Since I'm in the 3-year window to retire & go full-time, what happens with these models regarding QC, floorplans, and how the manufacturer treats its customers will help decide which direction I go, not just one specific model year since consistency has to be an attribute displayed by any RV manufacturer over a number of years, not just one.
Great Point of View.

Maybe we will put a cap on the question under 400K.

To stimulate the discussion It would have to be within reach of the middle class LOL

Great Discussion folks.

Ted.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:02 AM   #18

I bought an entry level coach (Fleetwood Bounder 33U) and in my opinion it is a pretty nice coach, not the best by far, but as an entry level rig it was a great buy, with a lot of livability . Once we get into the lifestyle more (if we do) I'd still be limited to a production model DP at best...money being the constraint. I've always been a middle of the road kinda guy, and I'll probably go out that way too.
Oscar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
Let's go back to the orginal poster's question. Which would mean he would have to say how much he wants to pay. If he wants a Prevost then he can pay for it. If he wants a "common" or "normal" coach then does he want diesel or gas. No good answer to his question with the info we have.
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
For the money invested I build the best one, allthough find more decent Ford trucks and good used U-haul boxes will be tougher to do.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GULFSTREAM37 View Post
Maybe we will put a cap on the question under 400K.

To stimulate the discussion It would have to be within reach of the middle class LOL
What is considered middle class today...in terms of net worth? I mean, I used to think I was middle class...but no way could I ever consider paying anywhere near $400k for a motorhome, either with cash or 20 years of payments to the bank. Maybe those who believe they are middle class were just born with a longer pair of arms.
Air Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #22

Country Coach Owners Club
$400k with 5% depreciation per year is $20,000 loss in asset value each year over 20 years. Perhaps even more than $100K in the first 5 years.

I am not sure that fits into the traditional middle class asset mix.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #23

First of all in your bad a** coach, regardless of price point, the floorplan must work for you. If you look at Monaco/HR, Tiffin, Winnebago do yourself a favor and look at the many choices from Newmar. We were impressed, bought one, and now we love our Dutch Star!
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
Here is my thought on Tiffin. They build junk...but they will fix their junk if you bring it back to them.
X2.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #25
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttin View Post
If I read the O.P's question correctly then the answer would probably be either Newell Coach or Prevost. Most are only custm ordered unless it's a resale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake62 View Post
Yes, I believe Newell or Prevosts are at the top...
FWIW, Prevost does not build motorhomes. Prevost builds the shells that several manufacturers convert to motorhomes.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #26

If I won the Power Ball I would buy 1 Newell, and 1 Prevost. I would let the DW have her pick.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #27

If money no object, it's a no brainer, NEWELL of course...

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
This is a tough one for me. If money was no object I might have either a Newell or Prevost custom made to de-glitz and un-glamorize them. I really don't want to live in the equivalent of a Vegas hotel lobby. No offense to anyone. I think they are wonders to behold - but just not my style. That said - maybe I would just be satisfied with much less in the MH and put a bungalow on a beach - a cabin in the mountains and travel between them every now and then - but still focus on the big adventure of the road. I don't spend time shopping for things I can't afford - so no idea what I might want in the $4-500k range.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote