Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2014, 04:38 PM   #127

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Received a quote from Nationwide auto warranties, 10 years or 100,000 miles for deductible of $50.00. Has anyone had experience with this company. Still shopping for a ESP. Judy

Judy and Kerry, with Yorkie Babies Tweety, Jessi James, Wyatt Earp, Isabella. Boyz and there toys Angel Baby 2009 HD Road King, with Dyna 2008 HD Screaming Eagle. US Army Ret X2.::2015 37ls Outlaw, RVM97
Badlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2014, 05:41 PM   #128

I received a great quote from them... compared to others, almost too good to believe... so I searched and found this:

Ripoff Report | Nationwide Auto Warranty - Warranty America-UCC-Dac Complaint Review Caril Stream, Illinois: 451582

I moved on... ExtraCare or something from Wholesale Warranties seemed best. Price of Extracare varies significantly if bought pre-purchase from dealer or post-purchase from dealer (I was told they don't sell direct anymore).

Old 11-20-2014, 11:11 PM   #129

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Pappyrsg, thank I found the same. I contacted WW they gave info on Portfolio Protection, which is administered by first extended Service corporation and they were also on ripoff report. It is so difficult to find a reputable Company any more. Specially since these extended service plan are so expensive. I will keep on searching. Thank you. Judy
Judy and Kerry, with Yorkie Babies Tweety, Jessi James, Wyatt Earp, Isabella. Boyz and there toys Angel Baby 2009 HD Road King, with Dyna 2008 HD Screaming Eagle. US Army Ret X2.::2015 37ls Outlaw, RVM97
Old 11-21-2014, 10:24 AM   #130

Good Sam (Camping World) warranties have a strong rep on this forum and essentially everywhere else I've seen... but you pay for it. WW folks seem very straight up and are also praised on this forum. But you never really know... back in 2008 I bought a 3 (or 4?) year warranty from a company I'd never heard of, searched the net AFTER I purchased and was sure I'd be cancelling the warranty (for a partial refund) at the first repair claim (denial)... never happened. They were almost always reluctant to pay, but they always did... and I had LOTS of repairs done, probably 5 to 6 times the $1600 I paid for the warranty. That company is now gone (gee, wonder why). If you REALLY feel you need a warranty, probably best to go with Good Sam... if, after a while you decide it's not worth it (your coach is holding up well after a reasonable period), you can always cancel and get a partial refund.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:10 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I dealt with Wholesale Warranties. I have a Cornerstone United policy through them. Haven't used it yet. It is the same policy that Lazy Days is selling , which gave me some confidence in it. All of these policies are negotiable.
Cliff
I purchased cornerstone ultimate coverage from lazydays. Towing was great but cornerstone did not pay full amount of bill charged by cat dealer for fan hub replacement. About 5 hours labor not covered .
Old 12-01-2014, 07:50 PM   #132

Very curious about what you decided to do. Did you go with ProTrek policy through WW? Are you satisfied?
Old 12-02-2014, 03:20 PM   #133

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Still looking for an extended warranty policy. Checking into Extraride.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:55 PM   #134

You've probably seen it already, but I think there is a thread for extraride. PPLmotorhomes seems to have a relationship with them, and they have a good reputation
Old 03-15-2015, 06:09 PM   #135

Extended Service Contract

Hello all - I am a new member and new RV owner so forgive me for being a newbie. I did research and ended up purchasing an ESC. I considered WW but in the end went in a different direction. The agent at WW was nice throughout the process until I told him that we went in a different direction then he got arrogant and more or less told me I was an idiot because the WW ESC plan was the best in the market. Overall the reviews I have read about WW have been very favorable. I also considered the Good Sam plan but found out their exclusionary plan left out more things than other plans I was comparing including the engine radiator and all electrical wiring.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:34 PM   #136
srh

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky55616 View Post
Hello all - I am a new member and new RV owner so forgive me for being a newbie. I did research and ended up purchasing an ESC. I considered WW but in the end went in a different direction. The agent at WW was nice throughout the process until I told him that we went in a different direction then he got arrogant and more or less told me I was an idiot because the WW ESC plan was the best in the market. Overall the reviews I have read about WW have been very favorable. I also considered the Good Sam plan but found out their exclusionary plan left out more things than other plans I was comparing including the engine radiator and all electrical wiring.
It is a shame! Yes, I would definitely take my business elsewhere - not that there are shortages of ESC. Actually, from my experience, You get a better deal if you buy it through a dealer. For example, WW quoted me a price for my 08 Affinity that I wouldn't consider, but when I was offered a policy by the selling dealer - a much better policy (better company, better coverage, and less $s) I took it. At that point there was no point for me in contacting WW as they had already told me that it was their best price.
If you are considering ESC, contact some of the dealers like PPL, as has been suggested.
Good luck with your search!
Old 03-15-2015, 06:39 PM   #137

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hi Lucky and welcome to IRV2! I am the original poster of this thread. I had an ESP last year with WW but canceled it in November. It was a good plan and a reasonable cost. I canceled it because I live in the NE and am a weekend warrior. Paying $1000 for time spent under cover and in my driveway (October - May) wasn't worth keeping. If I was a full timer, traveling around the country regularly, I would have kept the contract. You are right... Good Sam has a much more expensive plan, not as good coverage, and a high deductible... But you can buy chunks of time, such as a month or pay quarterly, cancel, and then renew the coverage without too much of a hassle. Right now the plan is to buy two quarters and then cancel. Cost for some peace of mind for 2015 will be about $800. It won't cover little stuff because of the high deductible, but will hopefully cover me with a catastrophic breakdown. If you don't mind telling, I'd like to hear who you're going through, the coverage, and cost for your ESP.
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:22 PM   #138

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky55616 View Post
...The agent at WW was nice throughout the process until I told him that we went in a different direction then he got arrogant and more or less told me I was an idiot because the WW ESC plan was the best in the market....
FWIW...

I wasn't on the phone so I can't argue with you on the associates attitude. I am disappointed if that is so.

REGARDLESS...WW has been phenomenal in all facets of our policy management. It was expensive but worth it. (NO...I'm not gonna debate the pros and cons of even having one in the first place since that is a personal decision.)

I've had them pay more out then the policy cost and I have 2 years left on it. I've not had one iota of problems with pay outs and nothing I felt should have been covered wasn't covered. In one case they sent an adjuster out and there wasn't a hassle.

I've heard more people gripe about GSs than I care to. They may be cheaper but it appears folks get what they paid for.

That is my experience.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:58 PM   #139

StevieG - you had asked for more details about the ESC we ended up going with. We ended up going with the Star RV Diamond exclusionary policy which seems to be fairly comprehensive. We have a brand new Class C 32 foot gas engine RV. The coverage is for 7 full years and 60,000 miles at a cost of $3500 ($500 per year) with a $100 deductible. I know some people say it is not a good idea to buy an ESC for a new unit but from the charts I have seen, the cost of the ESC can go up dramatically after a year or 2. The ESC companies know you don't really need the ESC the 1st year and adjust the prices accordingly.

I like your idea of just buying coverage for the months you need it. I may have to look into that also. We will be using the RV during the May to September time frame but may also use it during the winter months and head south, we are going to see how it goes during the summer months before we decide how much we want to use it during the winter.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:47 AM   #140

Monaco Owners Club
Interstate Star RV

I have Interstate Star RV, that I bought through my RV dealer. I paid $5000 for 4 years (40,000 mi). I also got a quote from Wholesale Warranty and at that time they recommended ProTek. I chose Interstate RV and they have paid claims so far of $2200 and now I have a leaky radiator (that is covered) and an alternator that needs replaced (also covered), so I will find out shortly what the payout will be.

This is what I have learned....ask for consequential damage (which I insisted on) and now have. READ the actually policy carefully. They don't offer it up front. Not all repair facilities want to deal with the insurance companies. Call your repair shop that would work on the "engine - expensive" components and ask them who they work with. The insurance companies go to their little books and look up how long a repair should take and what the part should cost and that is what they allocate (regardless of what the repair facility actually charges you.) You pay your deductible. They do not pay for diagnostics to locate the problem. That money will all come out of our pocket.

In my case, I am not even 1 year into my warranty and had the pac break freeze, the backup camera fail.....now the radiator leak and the alternator repair....with 3 years left on the warranty.

I am glad I have mine. It's a tough decision to make. Knowing how complicated RV's are, I chose to take the warranty, and in general, and am glad I have it.