Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-13-2015, 05:59 AM   #155
Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by Ramzfan View Post
Has anyone ever thought about just setting up a little account for unforseen problems and pay that same amount of money into it each month...? Seems like you would come out way ahead in the long run and you'd be saving your own money...!
Hard to save enough to pay 20k for a blown engine. 4 k policy would be a good buy. It's insurance. You bet there will be a problem they are betting that there won't be enough of us with problems to put them out of business. That's why they are all insured.

gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2015, 07:31 AM   #156
wholesale came with my rig

I'm in the shop right now. the day we bought the rig we transferred the wholesale warrantee and it went very smoothly. And yes from what I see it was very negotiable. They added high tech electronics w no upcharge. Good for me cause my tracvision stopped working on our maiden voyage.

AlanTbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:49 AM   #157
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wholesale warranties do not sell consequential damage policies.
Judy and Kerry, with Yorkie Babies Tweety, Jessi James, Wyatt Earp, Isabella. Boyz and there toys Angel Baby 2009 HD Road King, with Dyna 2008 HD Screaming Eagle. US Army Ret X2.::2015 37ls Outlaw, RVM97
Badlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:45 PM   #158
For what it's worth I dropped GS with a $500 deduct and.purchased from WW with a $200 deductible and it has been awesome coverage in my case! Have had policy a year and have had 3 claims and zero hastle. Paid my deduct and rolled on down the road with 2 leveler legs replaced ($775 each time) and a back up camera and monitor replace ($950). Awesome! The repairs are on my 2005 Gasser and couldn't be happier!
Bespos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:58 PM   #159
Wholesale Warranties

My first policy was from a SCAM artist that got into me for almost $3000 before I realized what was going on. He's no longer in business as far as I know. I then bought a policy from from Wholesale and I've had two claims in the past 7 months and they have been a delight to work with and have paid everything I have submitted that was covered in my policy.
Most recently I had a serpentine belt go out on the road caused by a faulty alternator and a LOVE's Travel Center employee smelled the rubber and alerted me. They had a mechanics shop on location and I was on my way in less than 4 hours.
I would recommend them based on my personal experience.
Mike & Vicki
Mike & Vicki Bryson
2006 Fleetwood Providence Freightliner Chassis
Cat C-7 350 HP Pulling a '12 CRV, Montgomery, TX
cmb3231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 02:56 PM   #160
Monaco Owners Club
I purchased a 4 year contract thru Wholesale Warranties it is the ProTrek Diamond.
I not only have peace of mind I have also had a claim which was handled with no issues. The RV dealer was familiar with this warranty and even stated how easy they were to work with.
I recommend!!!
05 HR Navigator 45PBQ Detroit Series 60
Chattanooga TN
SSRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:23 PM   #161
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just purchased a 3 year/30,000 mile protection plan through WW for our 2003 Itasca motorhome. Premium Plan with $200 deductible for a little over $4,000.

This is their new (as I understand) VIKING Protection Plan.

They sent an inspector out who did a comprehensive inspection that we passed with only one issue, chassis radio (for which I have a replacement and told the inspector about). The radio will be excluded until I have it installed and send them the paperwork showing it has been installed.

I read a lot on here about whether these plans are worth the cost. I will speak from my personal experience that this is my 3rd one and for both the previous two I received more in compensation from repairs than I paid out. I have only had one bad experience, and that was with the Allegiance (CSI Care) plan that expired the 1st of this month. While they covered the majority of repairs I needed over the last 3 yrs, this one was ridiculous.

My transmission (Allison) was not downshifting on its own and the problem was diagnosed as a faulty Transmission Control Unit (TCU). Repair/replacement cost was significant at about $1,800 with labor. They denied the claim stating "The policy specifically excludes items required by the 1990 Clean Air Act" and this is a component under that act. My initial response was -- huh? I researched it and could not find anything in the act that discussed transmission control units, so I called them back and this was their response: "Well, when you are running 3000 rpm in 1st gear and the transmission shifts to 2nd the engine is then running more efficiently and therefore producing fewer pollutants, thus it is a clean air issue." I'm not BS'ing you. So naturally I asked for a supervisor and got the same response verbatim.

I'm glad that that policy was expiring in a few days. Of course, I checked the WW protection plan as a result and it specifically calls out coverage of the TCU.

Anyway, it appears to me that the WW VIKING Protection Plan is a very comprehensive plan that also provides breakdown coverage for rental car and per diem as well as tire repair/replacement coverage. I believe it is worth the "peace of mind" to me as others have said, "It is an insurance policy".

Other's opinions can, and will, differ.
USMC (Retired) Not as lean - Not as mean - but still a Marine!

2003 Itasca Suncruiser 38G Workhorse W22 8.1L, 2005 Grand Cherokee Toad
Bob/Becky D - VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 12:34 PM   #162
I am happy thus far with WW protek diamond plan. I have had three claims. All have been paid. They did recently deny a dash a/c recharge because no leak could be found. Dye was put in so if it loses charge again they will find the leak and WW should repair whatever it is at that time.
Other than that they have paid with little hassle.
The only issue I have run into is they only pay $99/hr for labor and the shop I use charges $120/hr I think so I have to pay the difference.
petegemelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 12:39 PM   #163
Originally Posted by petegemelli View Post
I am happy thus far with WW protek diamond plan. I have had three claims. All have been paid. They did recently deny a dash a/c recharge because no leak could be found. Dye was put in so if it loses charge again they will find the leak and WW should repair whatever it is at that time.
Other than that they have paid with little hassle.
The only issue I have run into is they only pay $99/hr for labor and the shop I use charges $120/hr I think so I have to pay the difference.
I have the same plan and have had several extensive repairs at lazy days with no issues. No hourly issues either.
2013 f150 4x4, 2 pia horses! 2016 phaeton 40 ah and 2015 polaris sling shot
anotherone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:33 PM   #164
Ford Super Duty Owner
We bought a new gasser. Talked with WW. Thought and thought about it. For us with the warranties on the new unit we opted not to get the warranty on the coach BUT did get the tire/wheels warranty. It was the only part of my new unit not covered. It is now. Fairly inexpensive for a 5 year/70,000 mile warranty.
US Army Retired - loving it in our Challenger 37TB.

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:48 PM   #165
Wholesale Warranties

I have my policy through Wholesale Warranties. I submitted a claim when my radiator started leaking. They approved the claim and had my radiator replaced in a timely manner without any issues. I have been very pleased with Wholesale Warranties and recommend them.
2005 Inspire #51264
ronandsue74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:03 PM   #166
Monaco Owners Club
I'm new to this Forum and see this Thread is rather old but need to find current information on Extended Warranties and pricing.
Our current expires in early October with Interstate (transferred to us from original owners upon purchase in May)
Have a few quotes I'm chewing on and will appreciate recent updates on policies
We have a 2004 Monaco Windsor 36PST

Thank you

CaptV1VR is offline   Reply With Quote