Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2014, 09:31 PM   #85

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstehman View Post
Only an imbecile would ask someone to pay for a contract they have never seen and only an imbecile would agree to do that.
Pretty much like:

"We have to pass the bill to see what's in the bill."

JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2014, 07:08 AM   #86

Monaco Owners Club
MH value Vs premiums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medico View Post
Must be my quotes are so high because of the value. My $3440 quote was for TWO YEARS only with $500 deductible. If I could get 4 years for $3000 I might consider it, but 2 years, no way! For 4 years my best quote was $5875 with $500 deductible.

WW wanted $5997 for 2 years with a $200 deductible. TWO YEARS!
While comprehensive auto policy is always relevant to value of vehicle insured, service plans should be (IMO) depend on age, mileage and equipment/complexity. Appliances, electronics etc should be same across the board i would think.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:33 AM   #87

National RV Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to JMacy
Sometimes the insurance is just as much avoiding stressful high end expenditures as being able to cover them.
We had Wholesale Warrantees that cover some issues which each one alone would not come up to the deductible but in aggregate exceeded the deductible. They were all related and we were well cared for with our extended warrantee.
I guess the message is that we didn't dress over a never ending bill.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:37 AM   #88

National RV Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to JMacy
We negotiated and hot what we wanted. Don't over analyze, tell them your needs and let them do the work.
We have found them very willing to make legal explanations understandable.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:18 PM   #89

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wholesale Warranties sent an independent inspector to my home yesterday to take a long look at my motorhome. We went through everything for about 2 hours (taking a million pics) and then took it for a 10 mile test drive. I am told by the WW rep whole is handling the plan in California for me that we should have the results today. Everything worked flawlessly, and was told (by the inspector) I will be given a clean bill of health... I'll let you all know after I find out if this is a done deal...
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:22 AM   #90

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I too just got a quote from WW with protreck about 1k a yr for 4 yes w/ 250 deduct able. Also have a quote from National RV Warrwnty in Az for half the amt and from what I can see shifting through all this stuff is they are the same policy's bit ratio all is with an admi I can find nothing in which makes me scared.a DWS Service which pulls up a German Investment co. ?? They also offer a lifetime add on for 2500.

I am so confused with all this stuff my heads gonna explode.

Any help would be great.
Thanks
Shaz
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:59 AM   #91

We've had the ExtraRide policy through WW for the past two years. We also have the gasket & seals rider. We've only used them once so far, and that was for a new refrigerator. I called them and said I wanted a residential installed, they said no problem. So now I can have a REALLY COLD beer whenever I want.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:07 AM   #92

I have been very pleased with the service I received from WholeWarranties. When I had a claim I called them, and they acted like an agent should, helping me file the claim properly and calling regularly to check on the progress of the approval. To add to the confusion, check on "consequential damage", or something like that, so if a warranty part breaks other non-warranty parts become covered for damage. When my HWH jacks failed this really saved me a bunch, since seals and hoses and stuff (not my field) all need replacement.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:20 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
Wholesale Warranties sent an independent inspector to my home yesterday to take a long look at my motorhome. We went through everything for about 2 hours (taking a million pics) and then took it for a 10 mile test drive. I am told by the WW rep whole is handling the plan in California for me that we should have the results today. Everything worked flawlessly, and was told (by the inspector) I will be given a clean bill of health... I'll let you all know after I find out if this is a done deal...

Just checking back how did deal work out?

Thanks
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:00 PM   #94

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Despite my head throbbing from looking into all these EW's.. I spoke to WW this morning in great detail about A: the plan they have picked out for us.. with Proterk pand they not having the consequential damage option and other options like ware and tear.. but the rep had all sorts of answers as to why not no mater what scenario I put forward. Not too sure I feel comfortable with the side dancing. He did say there was another company but they were more $$$. This proterk policy was first quoted at 4 yrs 48,000 mi for $3597 PIF. I hemmed at the $$ and after a few moments and a phone call back he said the very best price pif would be $3200 which is $800 a year. Sounds better to me. There is this other company I have on my radar in Az. National RV Warranty Ins Agency. Now I sent a extensive email to them last night and still nothing back. Has anyone ever heard of this Company??

Still not 100% sure who we are gonna go with, still waiting for calls or emails on inquiries...

Some interesting information, DH found out this morning that Ford will cover Chassis and some other things.. need to get that info from him when he gets back and since the tires are brand spanking new, don't think we need a tire rider and our Ins covers Roadside assistance, towing.

I think this is just so much information to digest, it's starting to blur and get confusing. I have notes all over the place and no lie an entire note book of notes.

Sighs..
shaz
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
Old 08-14-2014, 03:08 PM   #95

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandshaz View Post
Despite my head throbbing from looking into all these EW's.. I spoke to WW this morning in great detail about A: the plan they have picked out for us.. with Proterk...
It's ProTrek. LOL

I was placed with ProTrek via WW 1.5 years ago. 4 year policy @ $6000 for the Diamond coverage after negotiations. They have paid out over $7500 in claims without any real problem. The last claim they sent an inspector and I thought they would disallow a couple items. NOPE! All covered.

I have 2.5 years of coverage still and it is all paid for.

I found WW sales reps courteous and easy to work with. They guided me through a couple situations as an intermediary with ProTrek. I wasn't having a problem with ProTrek but I just wanted to make sure I did it correctly.

I'm not gonna debate the wisdom of ESWs nor my choice to spend as much as I did. Each to their own. The way I figure it is that if I continue getting some claims paid out over the next 2.5 years it just might pay for the next ESW. LOL

YMMV.

BTW...I too was concerned about the consequential damages issues. I'm thinking that it certainly could crop up but if I maintain belts and such that aren't covered, then I should have less of an exposure to them failing and doing damage.

Nothing is perfect unless you want to spend even more money.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:44 PM   #96

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
It's ProTrek. LOL

I was placed with ProTrek via WW 1.5 years ago. 4 year policy @ $6000 for the Diamond coverage after negotiations. They have paid out over $7500 in claims without any real problem. The last claim they sent an inspector and I thought they would disallow a couple items. NOPE! All covered.

I have 2.5 years of coverage still and it is all paid for.

I found WW sales reps courteous and easy to work with. They guided me through a couple situations as an intermediary with ProTrek. I wasn't having a problem with ProTrek but I just wanted to make sure I did it correctly.

I'm not gonna debate the wisdom of ESWs nor my choice to spend as much as I did. Each to their own. The way I figure it is that if I continue getting some claims paid out over the next 2.5 years it just might pay for the next ESW. LOL

YMMV.

BTW...I too was concerned about the consequential damages issues. I'm thinking that it certainly could crop up but if I maintain belts and such that aren't covered, then I should have less of an exposure to them failing and doings damage.

Nothing is perfect unless you want to spend even more money.
Thank you for a good laff at my typing of ProTrek...

It is good to know that they seem to step up to the plate. I have no issues with our rep. Steve @ WW. I am 95% there to give WW our business. The other 5% is we want to have the dealer go over their policy now that I understand more and give them the opportunity to match the WW price. My last conversation with them was 4500 for their EW. Shudders...
Old 08-14-2014, 07:26 PM   #97

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
Just checking back how did deal work out?

Thanks
They gave me a completely clean bill of health. No exceptions to the policy. Since May, I've gone about 3k miles. In late July, my b&w rear view camera went on the fritz. My audio/visual guy worked directly with WW for his payment and I got a brand new 9" color led monitor and color camera installed. Very happy so far with my dealings with WW.
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:33 AM   #98

Warranties and Service

I'm trying to figure out why I'm paying for a "warranty" and can't get anyone to service my 5th wheel in a reasonable time frame. Private dealer/service centers won't take your rig if it wasn't bought there. Some will say " can't even look at it for 2 weeks ". The big guys known all over the nation.... won't even call you back and hold your rig hostage. Hope there is someone in central SC area that will recommend a repair service.