Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2014, 07:50 AM   #99

Workhorse Chassis Owner
StevieG. Check your policy to see if all your engine, transmission, radiator, generator, brake, power steering, jacks FLUIDS.....have been replaced IAW your chassis manufacturer's recommendations. Either time or mileage. Probably this was hashed out beforehand. OTW, no warranty $ will be forthcoming.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2014, 07:22 PM   #100

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well another trigger pulled. We just signed up with Wholesale Warranties for a 4 yr. 48,000 mile Diamond ProTrek policy.

I have to say I pulled the policy apart and grilled Steve our Rep with all different questions, scenarios and possibilities. We were able to get them to come down in price for payment in full which works out to $800 per year with a $200 deductible.

At the end of the day we can sleep easier knowing there are some protections in place. Yes its all a crap shoot but peace of mind is well worth it.

Next step is the independent inspection. Will keep ya'll posted on that process.

Cheers
Shaz

Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:08 PM   #101

Fleetwood Owners Club
[QUOTE=bobandshaz; I have to say I pulled the policy apart and grilled Steve our Rep with all different questions, scenarios and possibilities. We were able to get them to come down in price for payment in full which works out to $800 per year with a $200 deductible. Shaz[/QUOTE]

Sounds like an awesome deal! Definitely worth the peace of mind. Let us know how you made out with the inspection...

scooter... Did all the fluids this year before I signed up with WW and have receipts...
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:25 PM   #102

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandshaz View Post
since the tires are brand spanking new, don't think we need a tire rider and our Ins covers Roadside assistance, towing.
On my last trip, one of the "brand spanking new" tires installed on my RV less than a year ago went bad. Less than 6,000 miles on it. Tires can go bad at *any* time, new ... old ... whenever.
VAParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:15 PM   #103

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The inspection went well. There was one issue with the dash A/C only works on high so the us a pretty existing issue that is now being fixed by the dealer so WW will now cover once I send them proof of the repair by the dealer. I also found issue with the jacks and having the dealer fix them up as well. They started to try and wiggle the jacks were not included in their sales warranty and tried to day its a maintaince issue and Informed them they were the past owners and should have made dam sure they worked and we did question the jacks at delivery and was told it takes time for the sensor lights to cycle. Not from my reading of the paperwork on them. Told um fix um at your ex pence or take the rig back and give me my $ back Cruz your sidestepping an issue from delivery.

Should ha e the Desert Drifter back next week and see will see how it goes. Hate being with out the MH. I want to be in it ALL the time.
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
Old 09-16-2014, 08:15 AM   #104

Well I just purchased the Protreck Diamond from WW from Stephen. I am awaiting my inspection. Lets hope I never need it.
Thanks to everyone else who has been posting on this board. It has been helpful in searching for an EW.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:57 PM   #105

we got our 2011 mh in feb and our dash air just went out 3 wks ago. That and our step motor. WW warranty picked up the $3800 repair. 4 yrs still to go!!!
Old 09-16-2014, 06:16 PM   #106

Fleetwood Owners Club
So far I've replaced my 5" b & w rearview system with a 9" color system, and a bad alternator replaced with a brand new OEM Delco alternator with a year guaranty... Both on WW (Protrek Diamond coverage). Total repair costs over $1200. My cost to date is $400 in deductibles and $500 in premiums. My math tells me I'm still $300 ahead so far...
Old 10-23-2014, 05:00 PM   #107

So... my take on ext warranties (ESC/EW) from this thread

Background: I'm working toward a purchase of a replacement class A, this time a diesel pusher. Previous one was a 'simple' 1997 30' National SeaBreeze Ford chassis. I bought a 3yr $50 deductible ESC (Extended Service Contract) on that before I picked it up in Florida (2500 mi away) in 2008, after having it inspected by a mobile pro before I finalized the deal (good guy and did a good job but was in a 'Florida' state of mind... rust didn't register in his vision). That ESC was with a company called American Guardian, which is still around but has apparently gone downhill in service from the reasonably good level they were at when I dealt with them. That contract cost about $1600, no 'tire' coverage, no concern about self-maintenance as long as I kept receipts (oil changes), and I don't know if it had 'consequential damage' coverage (never thought about it actually). Had a blowout in the right rear inside tire on the way back to AZ... stopped OK, tore up RR outside tire, towed to tire shop, fixed and back on the road the next morning... none of that on ESC but my great State Farm insurance covered just about everything, including two tires prorated down a bit for tread wear (totally unexpected). I fought steering 'wandering' for the entire time I owned that RV, including at least 3 steering box replacements, a rear differential/frame 're-architecture', all covered by the ESC plus two alternator replacements and a convection-microwave. I did essentially all of my own scheduled maintenance... by the book. That $1600 plus say $250 in deductibles saved me at least $5500. Everything else on that coach was rock solid over 5 years and 60,000 miles; and sold it to a young family completely confident in its safety, reliability and durability... but I would not even consider buying another used motorhome without an ESC... and NEVER from a stealer and never at 'retail'.

1. Wholesale Warranties appears to be a solid, responsible, trustworthy company to deal through... as well as a good advocate when trouble occurs.
2. Based on my first quote from WW, ESC's are a lot more expensive now vs 2008 (2x +), given inflation and my plan for a much more complex RV ($4400 initial quote for a 2001 Monaco Diplomat 38').
3. Pro Trek sounds good, but no consequential damage cvg.
4. Xtra Ride sounds better but higher $ (?).
5. Coachnet sounds like an even stronger company, but even higher $ (?)
6. Cornerstone, Phoenix American, Portfolio, Allegiance CSI still possibles.
7. tbd is how to reconcile self-maintenance and consequential dmg cvg.

Am I missing anything important? (aside from the fact that I may want to reconsider the change to a diesel pusher )
Old 10-23-2014, 05:23 PM   #108

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We went with WW but was able to get their quoted price way way way down. I think they started at 4800 for 4 years and I got them down to 3200 for 4 years, 200 deduct able. No tire since ours are brand new. Will add that after mfg ward is up
Old 10-23-2014, 06:52 PM   #109

Yeah... good point. Thanks Bob.

Plus, I forgot, seals and gaskets coverage.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:19 PM   #110

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have to believe that a lot of the cost has to do with it being a 13 year old highend motorhome. FYI... They will send an inspector out that will go over the Motorhome with a fine tooth comb. They will also want to take it for a 10 mile ride. They will cover the motorhome, but will exclude any issues they find until fixed and verified... Good Sam and some others do not do an inspection, but charge more for the risk they are taking...
Old 10-23-2014, 08:29 PM   #111

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
pappyrsg...
>>>... 1. Wholesale Warranties appears to be a solid, responsible, trustworthy company to deal through...

6. Cornerstone, Phoenix American, Portfolio, Allegiance CSI still possibles....<<<<<

You may be mixing up companies here. I don't know all the firms that you mentioned, but I do know that Allegiance CSI is an administrator, or at least they are the Administrator of my service contract that I purchased through Wholesale Warranties. I suppose it's possible Allegiance may be functioning now as a broker as well.
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:41 PM   #112

stevieg... yup, 13 yrs vs 11 would add some, but i'd guess it's mostly the diesel pusher complexity... other components are fairly similar. the inspection is a good thing... provides clear picture for remote purchase and an out (@ $250) if too much wrong.
jfxg... admins/providers and brokers are both part of the decision process... ww looks like a good option for a broker/advocate, but i'm not locking in to them just yet.