Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #113

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello, Purchasing a new coach have been looking at two different plans with WW, Protrek, 7 yrs or 75,000 miles for $3929 in Idaho with deductible of $100 or Portfolio with WW, 7 yr or 70,000 miles deductible of $200 or $3807 for $100 deductible for calif since we do have two address part time in each state. Also the calif policy has an in service date the policy is in effect when the coach was build that would mean we would loss a year on the policy probably and the Idaho policy will begin when we pick it up. Still trying to get Extraride to send a quote. Need to ask question on the tire warranty also does that cover only original tires or all tires that are on the coach within the 7 years. That is $449. Has anyone had these warranties, do they actually pay when you have an issue. I've read over both policies but I didn't see anything on consequential damage. Judy

Judy and Kerry, with Yorkie Babies Tweety, Jessi James, Wyatt Earp, Isabella. Boyz and there toys Angel Baby 2009 HD Road King, with Dyna 2008 HD Screaming Eagle. US Army Ret X2.::2015 37ls Outlaw, RVM97
Badlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2014, 02:23 PM   #114

consequential coverage is no longer offered

Old 11-17-2014, 06:10 PM   #115

Fleetwood Owners Club
Not sure why you would want to pay for an ESP when you have a manufacturer warranty. The warranty company is going to direct you back to the manufacturer as long as there is a warranty from them. Why not wait until the warranty is almost over? I have a Protrek policy and they have been very easy to work with so far.
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 04:02 AM   #116

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Purchased a policy from Wholesale Warranties for 2012 Thor. Much better pricing than the one the dealer offered. Sold unit after a short time and had no claims. Contacted them to cancel. They were prompt in refunding me most of the original premium. They were very professional to deal with, but again, I never had to utilize their claims department.

I would mention that in the event that you do have to cancel, do not call the claims number on your contract. They don't have a clue regarding cancellations. You must call the Wholesale Warranties number you originally contacted. They place the policy coverage through another insurer.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/735629463187747/
JimGeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:13 PM   #117

Fleetwood Owners Club
I just researched WW on Rv reviews. Not very well regarded by other Rv owners.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:33 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
I was unable to find any reviews from google search under Rv reviews, but, I did find reviews from BBB Wholesale Warranties Review - Extended Warranty Contract Service Companies in San Diego, CA - BBB Business Review - BBB serving San Diego, Orange and Imperial Counties. They had 3 complaints and 1 was resolved, but, have 7 recommendations. The complaints were blaming WW for not paying when they are not the company to approve, disapprove, or pay the claims. They are only the broker of the polices. The 1 resolved case WW paid 50% when they are not required to pay anything.

I took the time to read all 9 pages of this thread and do not remember reading one complaint against WW. Many posts spoke of their good experiences dealing with WW. Some spoke of how WW went to bat for them with the Policy companies to assist getting claims paid. That to me is service after the sell. Some did not like the policy offered or price offered but that is not a complaint.

I have no EWS policy and have never purchased one for an RV. WW is a sponsor of iRV2.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:17 PM   #119

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Read the Thor manual manufacture warranty is 15,000 miles or 12 month which ever comes first. It would be less cost now if we purchased a ESP when we pick it up versus waiting to get miles on then the price goes up on the ESP.
Judy and Kerry, with Yorkie Babies Tweety, Jessi James, Wyatt Earp, Isabella. Boyz and there toys Angel Baby 2009 HD Road King, with Dyna 2008 HD Screaming Eagle. US Army Ret X2.::2015 37ls Outlaw, RVM97
Old 11-18-2014, 08:27 PM   #120

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands View Post
Read the Thor manual manufacture warranty is 15,000 miles or 12 month which ever comes first. It would be less cost now if we purchased a ESP when we pick it up versus waiting to get miles on then the price goes up on the ESP.
I would check with WW to make sure you are correct in this thinking. You may be better off waiting the 12 months and you may be better off self insuring for the first few years as what is the real chance of a MAJOR repair in the first few years.. IMO, What you save in the first couple of years would be worth paying a few bucks more later on to get an ESP that provides coverage when the chances to use it are better. Just my thinking...
Old 11-18-2014, 09:05 PM   #121

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Contacted WW today ref warranty, the price was based on 0 miles at pick up the more miles the higher the cost of the plan, I figured it out would be around $558 a year not bad. Been reading all the threads on different coaches lot of the new ones have the same issues and problems with slides, electrical. Just don't trust any manufacture. I purchased a new car two years ago, didn't have any problems until 15,001 miles due to the one mile the manufacture would not warranty the rotors and all the brake issues we had with the car we had to sell it. So, at this point the trust with any auto manufacture is zero. And I feel the same about RV manufactures. We had a 2012 TT had many issues couldn't get the dealer to repair anything. You guys have been very helpful have learned a lot ref ESP's. Thank you much.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:38 PM   #122

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
I have a high regard for WW. They have paid out promptly, as expected and with great courtesy.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:23 AM   #123

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by osok View Post
I was unable to find any reviews from google search under Rv reviews, but, I did find reviews from BBB Wholesale Warranties Review - Extended Warranty Contract Service Companies in San Diego, CA - BBB Business Review - BBB serving San Diego, Orange and Imperial Counties. They had 3 complaints and 1 was resolved, but, have 7 recommendations. The complaints were blaming WW for not paying when they are not the company to approve, disapprove, or pay the claims. They are only the broker of the polices. The 1 resolved case WW paid 50% when they are not required to pay anything.

I took the time to read all 9 pages of this thread and do not remember reading one complaint against WW. Many posts spoke of their good experiences dealing with WW. Some spoke of how WW went to bat for them with the Policy companies to assist getting claims paid. That to me is service after the sell. Some did not like the policy offered or price offered but that is not a complaint.

I have no EWS policy and have never purchased one for an RV. WW is a sponsor of iRV2.

I have no dog in this fight! I've read many negative post regarding WW, on google search. However, there are many positive reviews. It appears WW is but a broker and farms the contracts out to providers like Proteck etc. the OP asked a question I responded as you have. Very happy that many members have positive results!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:31 PM   #124

Medico I hope you don't need any warranty work from ACC as they are out of business. Took my money and ran
Old 11-19-2014, 05:04 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
I have a high regard for WW. They have paid out promptly, as expected and with great courtesy.
same here
Old 11-19-2014, 05:24 PM   #126

Fleetwood Owners Club
Clay is right. WW is a broker, like an insurance broker representing many companies. They take your info upfront and try to place you with the best provider that they work with based on your rig and needs. Ive had two claims and so far they've been very helpful in working with the end company to keep me satisfied.