Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2014, 07:45 PM   #1

Wholesale Warranty

Has anyone had experience with Wholesale Warranty company? My current warranty is due to renew and so I requested a quote from Wholesale Warranty. It's an exclusionary policy with a much lower deductible then my current plan. The are good with the BBB so I thought I'd ask the forum if you have had their warranty and how did it work out for you? Thx in advance!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2014, 07:48 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here's a link to previous threads on this.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Whol...com&gws_rd=ssl

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post

Thx
Old 06-14-2014, 05:15 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Cliff,

Ineresting. I had no idea you could use Google that way. The "site:" option is a very useful tool. Thanks!

Bespos,

You certainly have a lot to read now. FWIW, I purchased a service plan for an additional four years from them after my initial 7 year plan expired. I met the owner, Jeff Shelton, at the last FMCA convention in Perry, GA earlier this year. He gave a seminar there. I was impressed with him and his staff. After reading the contract, I thought the plan he suggested for me was a good one, and the price was right.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:19 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Warranty

We purchased a policy from them a few months ago for our new to us Bounder. We recently had a problem with one of our electric jacks and the warranty company paid the bill including the additional charge for the repair person to come to our location promptly.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:08 PM   #6

Thx Snoopy. Appreciate the input!
Old 06-14-2014, 10:20 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We've been with WW for two years now, have filed two claims and the premium is about 75% paid for. No difficulties, good to work with. Get the high-end plan; when you try to go cheap you'll always regret it. You already have the exclusionary, also pay a bit extra for "Consequential Damage". I also got the tire coverage. My contract is administered by Allegiance (very easy to work with), and underwritten by Bankers Life (A, AM Best)
JFXG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:42 AM   #8

We are not extended warranty people. We were going to alsaka so I did tons of research before I plopped down the cash. Ours is a 2007 4oft Phaeton.

After many sleepless nights, we chose Wholesale Warr. Are we glad we did. We have had multiple claims and never had a problem. We had sooooooo many repairs in and after Alaska and all the claims were easy. We don't even talk to them, the repair people do. We give the repair people $200 bucks for our deductible and go on our way---no stress ! It has been very good in our situation and even covered stuff we never expected.

Right now, we are having a slight issue with them that I can understand. Our inverter is not working properly. Instead of replacing it, they want the repair place to send it to Xantrex and have them fix it. Not their fault, but because we are on the road, that won't fork for us, we will be w/o inverter for 3 weeks. We may just buy a new one and take the hit ourselves. I can see why they don't want to get a new one for us, but their solution won't work for us---no complaints though. If you need more info on what they have covered I would be happy to give it. Overall, I am more than satisfied with them.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:53 AM   #9

We are also not warranty people, however, purchased one from wholesale warranty for piece of mind. We actually ended up using without any hassle.

2009 Fleetwood Expedition 38F
2013 Scion XB toad

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 06-15-2014, 07:30 PM   #10

Thx all! Very helpful.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:33 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa Uon View Post
After many sleepless nights, we chose Wholesale Warr. Are we glad we did. We have had multiple claims and never had a problem. We had sooooooo many repairs in and after Alaska and all the claims were easy. We don't even talk to them, the repair people do. We give the repair people $200 bucks for our deductible and go on our way---no stress ! It has been very good in our situation and even covered stuff we never expected.
Pa Uon,

Sounds like you bought a really good plan from WW. Which plan did you buy?
Old 06-16-2014, 08:57 AM   #12

I think it was the Platinum one. I made sure it covered engine (of course), jacks, slide-outs, and tires. To me, those seemed like the costliest and most inconvenient breakdowns so I made sure they were included. I have not kept track, but I think it is close to paying for itself. The peace of mind was worth it.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:55 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
The Wholesale Warranty people were great, but the people who administer the claims at CSI Alliance we a nightmare.

I had two service providers who said they would no longer deal with CSI Alliance because it took more time to do the claim than the work. If I wanted them to do the repair I was on my own if I wanted to file a claim with CSI. They recommended Good SAM.

I canceled at the end of the contract and paid twice as much to go with Good SAM. Since then, I have been happy with their claims service and so are the repair providers.

I guess you get what you pay for
Old 06-16-2014, 03:28 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa Uon View Post
I think it was the Platinum one. I made sure it covered engine (of course), jacks, slide-outs, and tires.
Pa Uon,

I'm sorry. I did not make my question clear. I meant to ask the name of the plan, not the coverage level. For example WW sold me the "ProTrek" plan, administered by "First Automotive" in Dallas (Dealers Alliance Corp.) I have the "Diamond" coverage which is their exclusionary plan. ProTrek does not have a "Platinum" coverage level. From your experience so far, it sounds like you have a very good plan. So I was just very interested in the name of the Plan you purchased.

The Compass Protection Plan by American Guardian is a popular RV Extended Coverage Plan and it does have a level of coverage they call "Platinum". Is that perhaps the plan you got through Wholesale Warranties?

Tags
sale