Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2015, 09:52 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
WHW leveling system

Hello everyone.
2002 Winnebago Journey WKP36L 5.9 Cummins
I have a couple of questions.

1. I am trying to determine my leveling system model # so I can download the Ops and service manual. Owners manual isn't specific to model #. I have attached a pic of the control panel hoping some will recognize it.

2. MH does not have a Master power switch to disconnect all battery power when storing. Even though there was a key on the ring that I recognize by shape as being a master key. I have looked hi and low on MH and cant find one. So it has either been removed or never had one.
I now wish to add one in. I am looking for suggestions for the best location and advice from those who have installed on. Is there a way to find out if it ever had one? I'm having a hard time imagining that it didn't.
Thanks in advance.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2015, 01:38 PM   #2

You should have two shut off switches. One for the Chassis and one for the house batteries. Chassis shut off can be in the battery compartment or in the engine compartment. On my Dutch Star it is just a switch (unlabeled). Your house batteries should also have a shut off which may say run/store. I can't tell you where that may be on your coach. You may try posting this in the Winnebago owners forum and you may get more responses.

Good Luck and Happy Trails!!!

Old 04-04-2015, 01:39 PM   #3

WHW leveling system

On my 2002 Journey i believe there was a switch on the dash/instrument panel that was the battery disconnect. It is a switch for a solenoid instead of an lever that you turn. I think it was right of the steering wheel.

By the way, where's the picture?
ecurb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:57 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I believe your system is from HWH. Go to the website and look at the front cover of the Operators Manuals, a picture of the Control Pad is there. Find the one that looks like yours.
Winnebago Industries Operators' Manuals
Old 04-04-2015, 04:53 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
HWH Manuals for all coach's and makes.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:03 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here is a re post of the picture I thought I had attached. Hopefully Someone will recognize the panel.
Thanks for the comments so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0402151953.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	90591  
Old 04-04-2015, 08:35 PM   #7

I am pretty sure that control panel is the 325 series from HWH. Go to their web site for all the info on the system and don't hesitate to call them, I have had wonderful support/service from them. I also find it helpful to have the detailed Winnebago manual for our unit as to where they installed/placed all components.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:33 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree that it is a 325 series just didn't see that exact panel on any of the pictures on their web site. I'll look some more

TonyDi replied last night about a specific ops manual for his MH. Am I to understand that each coach is originally supplied with its own manual showing exactly what items are on it and where they are located?
Wow. If that were true it would solve all my problems. I have the owners manual from Winnebagos web site but it is nonspecific on many items that vary by options choice.

As for my electrical master switch. Would the chassis company have done the one for the engine batteries or would all of them be done by Winnebago?
Thanks
Old 04-05-2015, 10:06 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveByrum View Post
Hello everyone.
2002 Winnebago Journey WKP36L 5.9 Cummins
I have a couple of questions.

1. I am trying to determine my leveling system model # so I can download the Ops and service manual. Owners manual isn't specific to model #. I have attached a pic of the control panel hoping some will recognize it.

2. MH does not have a Master power switch to disconnect all battery power when storing. Even though there was a key on the ring that I recognize by shape as being a master key. I have looked hi and low on MH and cant find one. So it has either been removed or never had one.
I now wish to add one in. I am looking for suggestions for the best location and advice from those who have installed on. Is there a way to find out if it ever had one? I'm having a hard time imagining that it didn't.
Thanks in advance.
Never gave it a thought, my HWH is switched on and off by the ignition switch.

Tags
leveling