Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2016, 09:01 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by moechester View Post

If I have to make an emergency escape from the emergency exit I will need medical attention. Really dumb design. At least on my rig.
No doubt - I really think there may be a trade off of getting hurt going out the front door or the perceived injuries of vacating the bedroom emergency exit. Maybe we can just wear those things around your neck that will detect a fall <hearing the I have falling and can't get up commercial>!!

cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2016, 11:11 AM   #128

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
Here's a pic, however the OEM 40" TV has been replaced by the 51" Samsung, the flooring has been replaced and the OEM "artwork" on the walls has been replaced. The dining table pulls out to seat four.
What a comfortable looking layout. Looks like home!

Old 04-20-2016, 11:15 AM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Thanks Gordon! It does have that feeling and functionality.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:24 AM   #130
cwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
X2
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:46 AM   #131

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
As said by others---to each his own. For us , we have yet to find a floor plan that beats our 05 Adventurer 38J. Yes the TV is not viewable from the dinette but that is why I like it so much. Dinner time is for eating and conversation. And not a one sided conversation as the DW cannot avoid a TV if it is on!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P4250085.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	249.7 KB
ID:	124727  
Old 04-21-2016, 12:17 PM   #132

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerboy View Post
As said by others---to each his own. For us , we have yet to find a floor plan that beats our 05 Adventurer 38J. Yes the TV is not viewable from the dinette but that is why I like it so much. Dinner time is for eating and conversation. And not a one sided conversation as the DW cannot avoid a TV if it is on!!!
Another great floor plan. I could see me relaxing in a layout like this.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:31 PM   #133

Very Nice Jerboy, I really like the front living area and that the front seats become part of the living and conversation area. Your coach looks live a living room and what better could be said!
Old 04-21-2016, 10:05 PM   #134

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks folks. We are just itchin to get the homestead sold and hit the road!!!
Old 04-22-2016, 10:53 AM   #135

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
Why are Class A motorhomes designed by the criminally insane?

Because they work for less money?
You are actually hit the nail on the head, directly.

The truth of the RV industry is that unless you are the owner of the RV Manufacturing company, a board member, top executive, in the marketing department, or a dealership owner, you cannot afford to purchase a motorhome. The salaries and hourly pay for the working folk in the entire RV industry is very low.

The folks that design, build, sell, and service motorhomes cannot afford to purchase one, nor do they influence the future of the industry.

At best, they own their own used RV, or perhaps they grew up with them in their personal lives. At best,they might get to use a recently manufactured model at trade shows, RVshows, or a few days per year in a company raffle to take a family vacation.

The only time they spend in one is "at work". As a result, the people that design them just do what they are told, or only very slightly tweak the existing floorplans that look like every other manufacturer's floorplans.

If you want to see innovative floorplans, take a gander at Australian or European RVs. They are indeed designed by people that that get to keep and own what they design, (it's usually part of their compensation package). And, they get to "take holiday" for at least five weeks a year to evaluate the RV and consider improvement for next year's design.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:57 PM   #136

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachDude View Post
You are actually hit the nail on the head, directly.

The truth of the RV industry is that unless you are the owner of the RV Manufacturing company, a board member, top executive, in the marketing department, or a dealership owner, you cannot afford to purchase a motorhome. The salaries and hourly pay for the working folk in the entire RV industry is very low.

The folks that design, build, sell, and service motorhomes cannot afford to purchase one, nor do they influence the future of the industry.

At best, they own their own used RV, or perhaps they grew up with them in their personal lives. At best,they might get to use a recently manufactured model at trade shows, RVshows, or a few days per year in a company raffle to take a family vacation.

The only time they spend in one is "at work". As a result, the people that design them just do what they are told, or only very slightly tweak the existing floorplans that look like every other manufacturer's floorplans.

If you want to see innovative floorplans, take a gander at Australian or European RVs. They are indeed designed by people that that get to keep and own what they design, (it's usually part of their compensation package). And, they get to "take holiday" for at least five weeks a year to evaluate the RV and consider improvement for next year's design.

So BeachDude, a 2014, 34' Thor, which are you, the owner, a board member, top executive, in the marketing department, or a dealership owner? Maybe you live in Long Beach, Australia?
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:04 AM   #137

Oh, a 34' 2014 Thor, that would have been designed by the janitor!
Old 04-23-2016, 10:07 AM   #138

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey - don't give the janitors a bad name. LOL There are some very nice custodians out there.
Old 04-23-2016, 11:57 AM   #139

You're right about that Gordon,

I forgot that in the Euro-Zone you get 5 weeks vacation and a motorhome. Wow lets do that!
Old 04-23-2016, 12:10 PM   #140

I think most of us see stuff we like and then find about the not so good stuff after we gave had the coach a while. When I sold my journey DP I began the hunt for the perfect coach. I dont think it exists so you just have to get the most of what is good for you and live with the rest. It's definetly a balancing act. I finally settled on a Winnebago 40 TD because it had 2 basically opposing slides and a mid coach living room, a side mounted radiator and a Cummins ISL 400. The couch faces the tv and I removed the dining room table and added another 8 foot couch beside it so both couches face the tv. So far I have spent close to 10,000 customizing the coach to make it what I want but you have to find a good starting point.
Now when I was shopping I noticed a whole lot of coaches with white or very light leather. I don't know about you but that is an immediate turn off for me. I had a very hard time finding one with darker furniture.
I did not notice right away that the stove cover is not on a hinge like my journey was, you have to take the two heavy pieces of Corian off and find a place to put them everytime you want to cook something. I thought the side radiator made it easier to work on the motor after working on my rear radiator journey. Well with the rear radiator Winnebago made good access to the entire top of the engine from under the bed. The Vectra 40 TD you can get to the very rear of the engine but it is just as difficult everywhere else or worse as the rear radiator. I found out I had to dismantle the entire sliding bed to get to the top of the engine because Winnebago built steps out of plywood and capeted them. They were all wood screwed together. They left absolutely no removable panels to get to the top of the engine. We learn as we go I guess and I will have more knowledge on what to look for when I go looking for my next coach.

Tags
class a, motorhome, motorhomes