Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2016, 06:49 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkervaski View Post
I absolutely hate the fake fireplace, the entire concept is cheesy and I special ordered a coach just so it wouldn't have one. I'm good with an electric heater, but the fake light show and fake "atmosphere" .. no thanks ..
You get what you pay for, ours actually looks like a real fire, and we use it all the time. It works great to take the chill out of the MH in the morning, and in the evening when we are watching TV it keeps us nice and warm. We rarely use our heat pumps or gas heating system.

Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2016, 06:49 PM   #44

8. Kitchen counter. Can we agree that a 36+ foot Class A Motorhome should have at minimum a kitchen as large as a 12 foot pop-up camper? So many of them if you have both sides off the sink and the top off the cooktop you're lucky to find an extra foot to set something.
Conclusion: Hey motorhome company, figure it out but give us at least 18" of counter space for stuff!

9. Oven. Some coach companies do not even have an option for a stove. Yah the dealer will do it, (I don't want the dealer doing it running wires all over the place and messing around in my fuse box) it should be the coach builder! I like to cook and a microwave/convection ain't getting it. You ever try doing a 12 to 14 pound turkey in one of those? And what about the bread, stuffing, green bean casserole. Not to mention a 14" pizza!
Conclusion: The drawers under the cooktop are great, but you need to offer an oven. This is suppose to be our home for at least awhile. So why not make the coach to reflect the wants and needs of your customer. At least offer it, It's not like you're going to give it to us for free. I know there are some who don't like someone messing with their drawers and to those I appologize in advance.

Old 04-15-2016, 07:00 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayle1 View Post
Show me a motorhome with a coat closet next to the entrance door and a bathroom near that same door and then I would consider a MH. Added features would be a real desk with a real computer chair and room for a large dog cage. Finally, if the price is under $75k and it gets 12 mpg then it would just match my present setup. In the meantime I'll have to stick with what I've got.
We have been in a few where what they call a broom closet has coat hooks. Thor ACE comes to mind.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:01 PM   #46

Heck, we have asked a manufacturer to put our homes, with all its modern comforts, on wheels and make it go down the expressway at 70 mph and ride decent.

Heck, I'm just glad we found somebody crazy enough to do it...
Old 04-15-2016, 07:03 PM   #47

FWIW Add toilets that are the low height model set on a chase that end up being higher than the specification for disabled folks. That way we end up with our feed dangling like a 3 year old.

FWIW2 add showers above the same chase. That puts them 2 steps up for us old geezers with knee problems.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:22 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
I really think whoever designed my MH was smokin' somethin'... Just where on earth do they find the fabric they use in MH? Heck even high end coaches the fabric choice leaves loads to be desired. My great Aunt Matilda has a better eye for design! (no offence guys but I truly believe some of the designers were a bunch of guys picking fabric after a bender) And what's with mirrors? I get it "illusion" but really? It's like living in a fun house!
Hammer bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:29 PM   #49

I hate the dark colors also. I use my MH in the summer when it is hot and my mostly white MH is hot. I can only imagine how hot the dark colors are.
gseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:40 PM   #50
RV Enthusiast

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
I agree that opposing slides provide the 'most' room, so why not TWO full wall slides? That's one I personally haven't seen yet. It's probably coming.
Hello Mr T,
One of the most unique slide out (patented) designs for slideouts is from Rexhall. They have a true double full wall slide, and unique to Rexhall also, you can stand up straight inside the slideout. Very interesting. Not sure how they accomplished this while still maintaining structural integrity, but it seems they have.

W.D.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:41 PM   #51
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
Why are Class A motorhomes designed by the criminally insane?

Because they work for less money?
Now that's the best response of the bunch!
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:46 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranemec View Post
I will add showers. We are not all 5'8" and 165 pounds. Put bigger showers in them, especially the higher end ones.
I hate corn cob showers. I'm a big guy, I feel like I have to lather the walls and get in and turn around like I'm buttering a corn cob in a lot of these showers.

Lol...funniest post I have seen awhile! And being a big dude myself, I can relate!
Old 04-15-2016, 07:48 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
You get what you pay for, ours actually looks like a real fire, and we use it all the time. It works great to take the chill out of the MH in the morning, and in the evening when we are watching TV it keeps us nice and warm. We rarely use our heat pumps or gas heating system.
Still cheesy and fake.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:56 PM   #54
RV Enthusiast

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
There is one feature I personally do not understand. This is not meant to be a criticizing post on coaches/brands with this feature, I really just don't understand it.

I'm speaking of the opposing couches with the TV behind one of them. What happens if you have family and/or friends over, or with you, and you want to watch TV or a movie together? No one can use that couch at all. They would be sitting right in front of the TV. That leaves one remaining couch, and the driver seat swiveled around. So now you have seating for essentially three people comfortably, maybe four cramped, what if you have six, or more? After all, most floorplans brag of "sleeps six or more" (?) See what I mean?
I'm asking sincerely what sense does this make? Again, not to criticize anyone with this layout from any manufacturer. I simply don't get it that's all, what am I missing here?

W.D.
Old 04-15-2016, 08:01 PM   #55

We have a class C with one slide out. Thanks to ask for the heads up on things to look or look out for if we ever decide to go to a class A.
Old 04-15-2016, 08:32 PM   #56
TSM

2006 National Sea Breeze, Workhorse chassis.

And another thing, for the love of all that is Holy please make the ladder wider. I clean roof twice a year keeping it in excellent condition. But getting off of the top of the thing is challenging, ten (10") additional inches would make the descent much safer !

Tags
class a, motorhome, motorhomes