Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2016, 08:15 PM   #113

He was a crazy guy for sure. I wonder what he is doing now. He got out just in time.
STORMY 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2016, 08:31 PM   #114

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwk View Post
Everyone of those has a major flaw in the bedroom. Take a look at where the step is on the aft side (towards the rear of the coach) of the bed. If you have ever been in one of those, you might remember. To get in the far side of the bed you have to go up one, or two, steps, then drop down onto the bed which is only about 8-10" above the floor level on that side.
That's the way the Magna is too. Three steps up and one down (the ISX is TALL). I built a take apart platform to fill the "hole" next to the bed. That keeps the cats out from under the bed and the DW from "falling" into it. With all her medical problems (liver cancer) she's pretty unsteady on her feet so anything I can do to help I do. She gets up in the middle of the night and forgets about the steps. I also got a battery, movement sensor light so the other steps are lit up.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:54 PM   #115

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwk View Post
Just could not resist responding.

Personally we are looking for a class A with a King bed, 1.5 bath, with the master bath across the back of the coach, and a few more things. We have learned to quickly rule out floor plans with some of these "insanely designed" plans. We are not in a rush, and are not interested in the salesman's glowing opinion of the glitter and shine. TV's at every angle but straight ahead are just nuts.

Just had to get that out there!
If you haven't already seen it, the 45AT Tuscany has a nice look. I happened to see one while looking for our 'perfect' coach. I didn't look very closely because I wanted bunks.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:29 AM   #116

Hordok, I agree.

The Thor Tuscany 45AT is arguably the best floorpan in the history of man & woman. I like the front living area where the driver and passenger seats are part of the conversation group. And right there where it should be is the TV and fireplace. It's truly a beautiful coach.
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:45 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
Hordok, I agree.

The Thor Tuscany 45AT is arguably the best floorpan in the history of man & woman. I like the front living area where the driver and passenger seats are part of the conversation group. And right there where it should be is the TV and fireplace. It's truly a beautiful coach.
That's our floorplan also. 51" Samsung HD LED on the wall in the slideout across from the sofa and Euro recliner, viewable from the dining table and from the coach chairs. For me it's a no-brainer, best floorplan for us!
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:48 AM   #118

aauummm, what year?
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:07 AM   #119

Quote:
aauummm, what year?
It's a 2010 Sunova 33C and is still available in 2016. Winnebago has also expanded that floorplan to some Sightseers/Suncruisers and also into the diesel line in the Journey/Meridian 34y, 34B, for certain years only, etc.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:08 AM   #120

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
We are now to the dreaded number 10

We have all well established the "Insane" part of this thread. Now however is where we clearly establish the "Criminally" portion of it!

You have all guessed it by now, It's the kitchen sink right? We all know the expression "Everything but the kitchen sink" and the Criminally Insane take this seriously. They give you "Everything except the kitchen sink"!

You don't have enough counter space to sit down a teacup but that is not enough for these people. They give you this sink with two sides, neither of which can hold a serving plate but hold on. You know and I know they could give you one large sink that you could actually use, but do they? Noooooooooo, they don't do that!

It's diabolical how they make the sink so shallow that most of the water intended for the sink splashes all over the coach. But they don't just stop there do they, of course not, that would be too reasonable? They give you this faucet that sits 4 inches above the sink. If you don't break your hand trying to put something in the sink you hit it trying to put something into the sink.

Oh but no worries, it has a sprayer thingy you can pull from the bottom of the faucet. Never mind that you chip or break whatever you have under it trying to get the stupid thing off. Then the hose that attaches the sprayer to the faucet isn't flexible worth a dingle so what happens? You know what happens! You spray water all over the place and end up sponsoring a "wet teashirt contest"!

That ladies and gentlemen is "Criminal"!

Wow, our stainless steel double bowl sink has worked just fine for our 14+ years of use.

One side to wash, smaller side to drain after washing. The faucet mounted sprayer does all we ever asked it to do with no silly accidents.

Maybe you need to get an older, tried and true coach with grandma's decorating like we have?
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:15 AM   #121

Quote:
aauummm, what year?
Here's a pic, however the OEM 40" TV has been replaced by the 51" Samsung, the flooring has been replaced and the OEM "artwork" on the walls has been replaced. The dining table pulls out to seat four.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2892.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	124591  
Old 04-19-2016, 09:26 AM   #122

FWIW We prefer dining and couch on a slide behind the driver with no slide kitchen with all the connections on the passenger. That also leaves the patio area slide free. ;-)
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 10:00 AM   #123

Quote:
Hordok, I agree.

That floorplan looks very similar to the Tiffin Phaeton 42LH with the optoinal recliner and entertainment center. Very good floor plan!
Notlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 10:35 AM   #124

WyoFree-I hear you on the Tuscany. That's actually what we were looking at in 2010 when that floorplan came out. However, not wanting to pay that much for a new one, I decided to wait 4-5 years and buy a used one. Then we accidentally ran across the 33C and bought it on the spot.

On another topic, as for the front passenger slide being in the patio area under the awning, it is quite workable with the slide out. However, it is very flexible in that if we want we can leave that slide in (and we've done that a few times) and then the interior becomes like a regular MH with still plenty of room in the living room. It works for us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3859.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	432.0 KB
ID:	124596  
Old 04-19-2016, 11:39 AM   #125
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Hordok, I agree.

I like it, I can't afford it, but I like it.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:58 PM   #126

Winnebago Owners Club
No issues with my sinks. Slides on the patio side not really a problem. Hit your head once or twice and lesson learned. I actually get the crap I want out before I slide out so I do not have to duck or take a chance on hitting my head. Couches vs recliners vs dinette? Everyone has a personal taste. That is why there is different brands and layouts. TV's seem to be located everywhere on the models we looked at.

The wet bay is an issue I really did not foresee being an issue? Way to small for my taste. At least on my current rig. Access holes in the floor too small and sewer hose will only fit thru one way. Had to grind the ears off the connection to even get this to happen. Me and my wet bay have had some real messy problems in the past anyway.

If I have to make an emergency escape from the emergency exit I will need medical attention. Really dumb design. At least on my rig.

I have really enjoyed reading this thread. I am new to RV'ing and really enjoyed reading the different points of view. I am glad I am not the only one who wonders what the designers were thinking?

Tags
class a, motorhome, motorhomes