RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2019, 08:27 PM   #85

"Farm Diesel"

Many country folks drive diesel pickups agreed, but I as I recall in my foggy brain that there farm diesel is Red and without road_tax no?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2019, 09:09 PM   #86

No More

For 20 plus year we faithfully stopped at Flying Js for fuel and other things and were happy. Several years ago all changed - charged for dumping, prices always much higher than almost any other service station (even with our GS discount). We liked the ease in and out but the huge difference in fuel prices (and 10-20% is a lot of money when you travel thousands of miles a year) tell me they really do not want our RV business so wherever possible we do not use them anymore. On a trip last year we did use them on 3 occasions and did not get our GS discount and repeated emails to Flying J went unanswered.

Bulletspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:42 PM   #87

Fleetwood Owners Club
I use the truck stops but I don't pay the prices on the signs. I use TSD Logistics fuel program. They opened it up to Diesel RVs, I use the truck pumps it allows me to pay at the pump at a significant discount especially at loves, TA, and Petro. The card is tied to a checking account they debit the discounted price from. They only charge 10% of the amount saved. Easy access, Fresh fuel, no pump shut offs at $75 or $100 and in most cases it is a better price than the local stations. Pilot and Flying J are usually discounted better through the Good Sam fuel card so I don't use them much.
hdedsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:51 PM   #88

For the TSD discount program they say you have to use the truck lanes. I thought this was frowned upon by truckers.
Danny Clapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:54 PM   #89

I got my TSD Logistics card last week. The biggest savings is at loves, 40-50 cents a gallon off, less at t:a and pilot. I put in $150 at the pump last week and was billed $130, pretty good in my opinion.
Hdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 10:36 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Clapp View Post
For the TSD discount program they say you have to use the truck lanes. I thought this was frowned upon by truckers.
Some truckers will get upset a tad if your using those lanes ,but you have as much reason to be at that pump as he does. As long as you don't hold up the line and pull forward after filling up your fine. Pull forward and pay ,use the restroom if you have to and then move your rig out of everyones way and park if you must go in for longer times such as a meal. If you must use the rest room and can't wait then do so but be fast or better yet get your co driver/ passanger to continue filling while your inside.
This shows the driver behind you that your trying to get things done and move on. They can't complain or get upset after that. If they do to bad , you've done your part.

My question is does the TSD Logistics card work at the mom and pop truck stops also?
jturner9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 10:44 PM   #91

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I get my worst fuel mileage with Pilot or Flying J. I get my best fuel mileage with Marathon diesel 10+ mpg in a 40í pusher with a 400 Cummins. Marathon does not seem to use as much bio diesel in the fuel.
rthooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 11:01 PM   #92

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Don!
we traveled from Great Prarie National park to Laughlin today: Pilot N. Las Vegas: $3.25; Chevron Searchlight: $2.99; Sams in Bullhead city: $2.51.......$.74/gallon difference.

Jim L. aka Relgel
Old 08-18-2019, 11:43 PM   #93

Very true about the biodiesel !
mike5511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 06:37 AM   #94

Suggest you get the book "Next Exit". Covers all interstates in US. RV accessible diesel stations are marked in red. Each exit lists restaurants, grocery, gas, diesel, etc. Excellent and have used for years. Unless I have no choice I do not use Pilot, T/A etc. Regards. Ed
edaa53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 06:59 AM   #95

We even been to some truck stops that were rather sketchy.
My order of hierarchy when fueling is price v in/out. Never a problem.
Bookmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:08 AM   #96

Tiffin Owners Club
I quit using truckstops three or four years ago when the prices started raising I donít mind threading the needle to get through smaller areas. It is tighter in some campgrounds.
Bill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 08:33 AM   #97

why buy diesel ar Loves/TA/Pilot???

Went through the same process as you. I have a 45' and tow a full sized Jeep. Not always wise looking to get through smaller places. The answer you're looking for is that there is a federal tax on commercial fuel and I am guessing a discount for fleets. I was in Wickenburg Az. When the cashier told me to move to the other pumps and I'd save 17 cents a gallon.
J Oliveira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:10 PM   #98

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by relgel View Post
Hi Don!
we traveled from Great Prarie National park to Laughlin today: Pilot N. Las Vegas: $3.25; Chevron Searchlight: $2.99; Sams in Bullhead city: $2.51.......$.74/gallon difference.

Jim L. aka Relgel
Is this Sam's Town in Bullhead City vs Sam's Club? We go through there often so wanted to clarify.
Thanks

chipf2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel