Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #141
Senior Member
 
4Knights's Avatar
 
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_nda_sand

So if an driver RV doesn't wave, you think he doesn't see you. Wow! If the driver can't see a big ol RV, we've got bigger issues than not waving!
Windshield glare would be the reason for not seeing the other driver or in some cases they forgot to put up the night shades!
__________________

__________________
Ron & Wendy-Kansas
94 Pace Arrow 34 ft
25 yr Army retired 2006
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #142
Senior Member
 
757driver's Avatar


 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, Ontario
Posts: 2,352
Too busy white knuckling the steering wheel with both hands.
__________________

__________________
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #143
Senior Member
 
jauguston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bellingham,WA
Posts: 973
4Knights makes a good point. I know I have a hard time seeing inside a motorhome as it approaches me in the opposing lane due to the reflections on the windshield. If I wanted to be sure whoever I waved at waved back like they are supposed to I would have to really concentrate on the windshields. While doing that I would not be able to pay attention to the road but I guess the wave is more important to some (-:

Jim
__________________
2005 Sportscoach Elite 40' C-7 350 Cat w/MP-8
Suzuki Samurai toad w/VW 1.6 turbo diesel
800w solar system
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #144
Senior Member
 
4Knights's Avatar
 
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by jauguston
4Knights makes a good point. I know I have a hard time seeing inside a motorhome as it approaches me in the opposing lane due to the reflections on the windshield. If I wanted to be sure whoever I waved at waved back like they are supposed to I would have to really concentrate on the windshields. While doing that I would not be able to pay attention to the road but I guess the wave is more important to some (-:

Jim
Thanks, but my problem is I keep forgetting to raise the night shades so it's hard to see anything at all
__________________
Ron & Wendy-Kansas
94 Pace Arrow 34 ft
25 yr Army retired 2006
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #145
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,584
Blog Entries: 8
I'm too busy sleeping to wave.
__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #146
Senior Member
 
Dano52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 102
I wave and if I don't get a wave back, I do the California howdy
__________________
Dano
1999 American Dream 40vs
2015 GMC Canyon CC LB Toad
Dano52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:54 AM   #147
Senior Member
 
HD4Mark's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Marathon, Florida
Posts: 2,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
I'm too busy sleeping to wave.
When I die I want to go like my uncle, peacefully in my sleep. Not screaming like his passengers.
__________________
Mark & Nancy
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Shep dog, R.I.P. Kenzie dog Toad 2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #148
Senior Member
 
Craig_R's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Huson, MT
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
When I die I want to go like my uncle, peacefully in my sleep. Not screaming like his passengers.



Yesterday DW and I were on our way up town in our red Jeep Liberty when we were approached by another red Jeep Liberty coming the other way. Due to the pouring rain we almost missed it but the other driver was waving enthusiastically. You know. The full arm waving back and forth in the windshield with the hand outstretched. Of course we returned the wave but couldn't help wondering if he had read this thread.
__________________
Craig & Donna
2005 Beaver Monterey Laguna IV (aka The Hotel Monterey)
2011 Jeep Liberty Limited
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #149
Senior Dude
 
Dogpatch's Avatar


 
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere, BC.
Posts: 5,584
Blog Entries: 8
The "N'er Doers" on this thread kill me.

You can't wave cause you don't want to take your hands off the wheel. You mean to tell me you never take a sip of a beverage while traveling long distance? I call "Bull"!

You can't wave cause you don't want to take your eyes off the road. You mean to tell me that you never look down at your gauges, the radio for a new station or at your co-pilot? I call "Bull"!

Excuse me for saying and I'm sure it's going to ruffle a few feathers, but in my opinion I think you are just too miserable to do it! AND quite frankly, It is this type of attitude that makes me hope I don't end up camping next to you because it's likely my chopping wood will be too loud, or my taking out the garbage will be too early or my small dogs occasional bark will offend you.

Personally, I wave when I decide to (which is usually often and when safe to do so). I don't wave when I'm negotiating a turn or driving through an intersection.

So when I wave at you, know this - I wave because I feel lucky to be able to be doing what I'm doing when I'm out here driving my living room down the road. My waving at you is acknowledging that you are as lucky as I am and comes with the wish of safe travels to your next destination, the wish that you end up someplace magical you have never been and the wish that you meet some wonderful people along the way to create new memories and friendships.

If you don't wave back I'll assume you didn't see me or you don't wish the same.

Either way......it's your loss and not mine!
__________________
Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #150
Senior Member
 
Craig_R's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Huson, MT
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
The "N'er Doers" on this thread kill me.

You can't wave cause you don't want to take your hands off the wheel. You mean to tell me you never take a sip of a beverage while traveling long distance? I call "Bull"!

You can't wave cause you don't want to take your eyes off the road. You mean to tell me that you never look down at your gauges, the radio for a new station or at your co-pilot? I call "Bull"!

Excuse me for saying and I'm sure it's going to ruffle a few feathers, but in my opinion I think you are just too miserable to do it! AND quite frankly, It is this type of attitude that makes me hope I don't end up camping next to you because it's likely my chopping wood will be too loud, or my taking out the garbage will be too early or my small dogs occasional bark will offend you.

Personally, I wave when I decide to (which is usually often and when safe to do so). I don't wave when I'm negotiating a turn or driving through an intersection.

So when I wave at you, know this - I wave because I feel lucky to be able to be doing what I'm doing when I'm out here driving my living room down the road. My waving at you is acknowledging that you are as lucky as I am and comes with the wish of safe travels to your next destination, the wish that you end up someplace magical you have never been and the wish that you meet some wonderful people along the way to create new memories and friendships.

If you don't wave back I'll assume you didn't see me or you don't wish the same.

Either way......it's your loss and not mine!
Hear, hear!!!! Amen! Do I hear another Amen?!
__________________
Craig & Donna
2005 Beaver Monterey Laguna IV (aka The Hotel Monterey)
2011 Jeep Liberty Limited
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #151
Senior Member
 
4Knights's Avatar
 
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,796
Amen!
__________________
Ron & Wendy-Kansas
94 Pace Arrow 34 ft
25 yr Army retired 2006
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #152
Junior Member
 
R Kimbrough's Avatar
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Trussville,Alabama
Posts: 22
Amen!
__________________
R Kimbrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:41 AM   #153
Junior Member
 
iamcanuck1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14
Wave

I give a wave because I just want to say " Howdy ". If I get a response, great! If not? Maybe it was the reflection off of my shiny head, or the other driver was paying attention to the DW. But I will wave......
__________________
iamcanuck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #154
Member
 
DogsCamping's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 47
I love it when people wave, we have had lots of mutual waves!
__________________

__________________
Julee (Jack and Rose) Meltzer
Join our Facebook Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/RVingwithDogs/
DogsCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.