Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #141

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_nda_sand

So if an driver RV doesn't wave, you think he doesn't see you. Wow! If the driver can't see a big ol RV, we've got bigger issues than not waving!
Windshield glare would be the reason for not seeing the other driver or in some cases they forgot to put up the night shades!

4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #142

Entegra Owners Club
Too busy white knuckling the steering wheel with both hands.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #143

4Knights makes a good point. I know I have a hard time seeing inside a motorhome as it approaches me in the opposing lane due to the reflections on the windshield. If I wanted to be sure whoever I waved at waved back like they are supposed to I would have to really concentrate on the windshields. While doing that I would not be able to pay attention to the road but I guess the wave is more important to some (-:

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #144

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jauguston
4Knights makes a good point. I know I have a hard time seeing inside a motorhome as it approaches me in the opposing lane due to the reflections on the windshield. If I wanted to be sure whoever I waved at waved back like they are supposed to I would have to really concentrate on the windshields. While doing that I would not be able to pay attention to the road but I guess the wave is more important to some (-:

Jim
Thanks, but my problem is I keep forgetting to raise the night shades so it's hard to see anything at all
Old 06-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #145
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
I'm too busy sleeping to wave.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #146

I wave and if I don't get a wave back, I do the California howdy
Dano52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:54 AM   #147

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
I'm too busy sleeping to wave.
When I die I want to go like my uncle, peacefully in my sleep. Not screaming like his passengers.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #148

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
When I die I want to go like my uncle, peacefully in my sleep. Not screaming like his passengers.

Yesterday DW and I were on our way up town in our red Jeep Liberty when we were approached by another red Jeep Liberty coming the other way. Due to the pouring rain we almost missed it but the other driver was waving enthusiastically. You know. The full arm waving back and forth in the windshield with the hand outstretched. Of course we returned the wave but couldn't help wondering if he had read this thread.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #149
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
The "N'er Doers" on this thread kill me.

You can't wave cause you don't want to take your hands off the wheel. You mean to tell me you never take a sip of a beverage while traveling long distance? I call "Bull"!

You can't wave cause you don't want to take your eyes off the road. You mean to tell me that you never look down at your gauges, the radio for a new station or at your co-pilot? I call "Bull"!

Excuse me for saying and I'm sure it's going to ruffle a few feathers, but in my opinion I think you are just too miserable to do it! AND quite frankly, It is this type of attitude that makes me hope I don't end up camping next to you because it's likely my chopping wood will be too loud, or my taking out the garbage will be too early or my small dogs occasional bark will offend you.

Personally, I wave when I decide to (which is usually often and when safe to do so). I don't wave when I'm negotiating a turn or driving through an intersection.

So when I wave at you, know this - I wave because I feel lucky to be able to be doing what I'm doing when I'm out here driving my living room down the road. My waving at you is acknowledging that you are as lucky as I am and comes with the wish of safe travels to your next destination, the wish that you end up someplace magical you have never been and the wish that you meet some wonderful people along the way to create new memories and friendships.

If you don't wave back I'll assume you didn't see me or you don't wish the same.

Either way......it's your loss and not mine!
Old 06-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #150

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
The "N'er Doers" on this thread kill me.

You can't wave cause you don't want to take your hands off the wheel. You mean to tell me you never take a sip of a beverage while traveling long distance? I call "Bull"!

You can't wave cause you don't want to take your eyes off the road. You mean to tell me that you never look down at your gauges, the radio for a new station or at your co-pilot? I call "Bull"!

Excuse me for saying and I'm sure it's going to ruffle a few feathers, but in my opinion I think you are just too miserable to do it! AND quite frankly, It is this type of attitude that makes me hope I don't end up camping next to you because it's likely my chopping wood will be too loud, or my taking out the garbage will be too early or my small dogs occasional bark will offend you.

Personally, I wave when I decide to (which is usually often and when safe to do so). I don't wave when I'm negotiating a turn or driving through an intersection.

So when I wave at you, know this - I wave because I feel lucky to be able to be doing what I'm doing when I'm out here driving my living room down the road. My waving at you is acknowledging that you are as lucky as I am and comes with the wish of safe travels to your next destination, the wish that you end up someplace magical you have never been and the wish that you meet some wonderful people along the way to create new memories and friendships.

If you don't wave back I'll assume you didn't see me or you don't wish the same.

Either way......it's your loss and not mine!
Hear, hear!!!! Amen! Do I hear another Amen?!
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #151

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Amen!
Old 06-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #152

Ford Super Duty Owner
Amen!
Old 06-10-2012, 07:41 AM   #153

Wave

I give a wave because I just want to say " Howdy ". If I get a response, great! If not? Maybe it was the reflection off of my shiny head, or the other driver was paying attention to the DW. But I will wave......
Old 06-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #154

Winnebago Owners Club
I love it when people wave, we have had lots of mutual waves!

DogsCamping is offline   Reply With Quote