Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpadave View Post
I have been a biker and a boater for over 20 years. I have been a motorhomer for only 2 years. Here's what I cant figure out. Why don't people you pass in motorhomes ever give you a wave back? When your on the road and you pass a fellow RV'er. it seems like there would be so much more comeradity than there is. Your out on the open road, your partaking in the American dream, your living life on the edge and experiencing life to it fullest potential.( at least that's how I feel when I'm behind the wheel, even if it's only for the weekend) but seldom ever get a wave back from fellow RV'ers. whats the deal? I'm talking even on 2 lane roads, at slower speeds....... Are RV'ers all just a little snooty and maintain a "I've arrived" mentallity? If you give a wave to a fellow RV'er in passing, let me know with an (I do) just so I know that I'm not in the "snooty club of Americas" favorite pastime........
It's probably because a lot of those people are from big cities where they don't even wave at there neighbors (who they have lived next to for 30 yrs and don't even know there first names, it's a trust issue). so waving at a complete stranger is even more scarey. My friend i'm the same way I wave at every one, maybe some day they will come around.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #170

Waving is a trust issue... thats a new one on me. I honestly find that people that have issues with other people not waving are maybe a bit insecure.

I dunno... I wave when in the motorhome and just assume they wave back & I wave in my buggy to make sure that other people are ok (where waving actually serves a purpose).

Old 06-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #171

What scares me the most is the ones that talk on the phone, text or read their nook book things.. you can always tell if they are texting, because you have to honk at them to go on through the green light. Please drive safe and keep your mind on the road. but a little wave or nod would not hurt either..
Old 06-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #172

Fleetwood Owners Club
I find it difficult to wave when I am trying to keep the rig on the road. A Mountinaire waved at me near Custer SD and I was so impressed with the sound of their motor as we were struggling to climb the hill I forgot to wave. I wave on my bike but the MH needs to much attention. I think I need a bigger motor.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:18 PM   #173
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Why can't other motorhomes you pass wave?

Cause they are motorhomes you silly buggers!

It's the people in them who need to wave!
Old 06-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #174

Monaco Owners Club
Lots of wavers today and yesterday, travelling 2 lanes in southern Utah and Colorado. Much easier to see them when they are passing a foot from my mirror, too!
Old 06-15-2012, 11:37 PM   #175

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Tried to wave to this guy but he was busy.
Attached Images

4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:29 AM   #176

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Knights View Post
He was busy texting the Safety Office to explain why he was not wearing gloves as required while riding a motorcycle.
Cum catapultae proscriptae soli proscript catapultas habebunt
gray ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:50 AM   #177

I get waved at all the time in traffic, but it seems like it's always the middle finger. I call it bird watching.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:21 AM   #178
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Knights View Post
The only thing worse than that is someone with something bigger that can severely harm you texting!
Old 06-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #179

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gray ghost

He was busy texting the Safety Office to explain why he was not wearing gloves as required while riding a motorcycle.
Safety Offices are trying to determine what unit he belongs to- not going to be a good day if they figure it out. I heard they got his plate number as well as the picture. ( I didn't take the pic)

4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote