Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #113

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buki View Post
Lets deal with a dose of reality here. Why on earth would I ever take the time to 'wave' at someone I will only see in a three second window...someone I have never seen before and will most likely never see again. If you need nurturing call your mother. We have to be in Sausalito by noon tomorrow. Jeez.
WOW-Great attitude!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #114

Please do not wave at us but keep both hands on the wheel so we dont have a happy headon. Waving is not only silly but could be dangerous..I dont wave....

donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:00 AM   #115
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Do people actually feel unsafe taking one hand off the steering wheel? Is your rig or yourselves for that matter that unstable?
We're talking a wave here. A one second ordeal just acknowledging a fellow RV'r enjoying the open road like ourselves.

We aren't talking stand up and wave with both arms flailing for a mile and a half till you see us. No one is out to create unsafe situations for anyone.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:19 AM   #116

I RV because I love the pastime. So, when traveling down the highway and I see an oncoming Moho, or one coming up on me from behind, I am interested in what kind of rig it will be, often amazed at the name of a model I never heard of. With this interest I will look to see if I can see the driver and co-pilot, age, alone or with passengers etc. I will do this "checking out" maybe over the time frame of a second/half staying aware of my surroundings and road postion. I would guess that about 75% of the time I will give a little wave, some return it, and some you can tell do have a death grip on the wheel staring only straight ahead. If they don't wave, I don't care, I did.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #117

Having been a boater and currant motorcycle rider, by far the most friendly folks out there are the boaters, even when DW and I kayak they still give a wave and are courteous.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #118

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanfire
A flash of the brights on the headlights when I see an oncoming, or a flick of the headlights to light the rear end when passing are just courtesy. I wish I could figure out a way to wire up all of the lighting system to flash front and back with a single switch on my console....
My koinght has one....

Unfortunately, some desighner/engineer/dufuss put it where i can't reach it. (Insert knock head smily here)
Old 05-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #119

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buki
Lets deal with a dose of reality here. Why on earth would I ever take the time to 'wave' at someone I will only see in a three second window...someone I have never seen before and will most likely never see again. If you need nurturing call your mother. We have to be in Sausalit

o by noon tomorrow. Jeez.
Uh, because you're not an *******?

Nevermind....

Who, the auto non nasty spelling big brother doesn't like it when i say assho!e
Old 05-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #120

That's what I was thinking! I hope I never end up at a campground with them as neighbors! Good grief!!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch
Do people actually feel unsafe taking one hand off the steering wheel? Is your rig or yourselves for that matter that unstable?
We're talking a wave here. A one second ordeal just acknowledging a fellow RV'r enjoying the open road like ourselves.

We aren't talking stand up and wave with both arms flailing for a mile and a half till you see us. No one is out to create unsafe situations for anyone.
"Like"
Old 05-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #122

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Lets deal with a dose of reality here. Why on earth would I ever take the time to 'wave' at someone I will only see in a three second window...someone I have never seen before and will most likely never see again. If you need nurturing call your mother. We have to be in Sausalito by noon tomorrow. Jeez.
+1
Old 05-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #123

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
I look at it this way. The ones that wave are nice friendly people, the others probably have gas, and are miserable! I always wave, and smile to myself when it isn't returned.
No excuse! I have gas and I wave. Been doing it since... well since I was... her age.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #124

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfunde01 View Post
+1
Just a quick question. Are you guys RVing or do you work for Greyhound?
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #125

Newmar Owners Club
I only wave at Dutch Stars...
Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #126

I only wave to both buki and dfunde01.

Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote