Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-13-2016, 11:49 AM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Originally Posted by Hammer bird View Post
We are always amazed at how magnetic a MH can be. We parked at the very far end of an almost empty parking lot. Went in for lunch, came out and low-and-behold some doofus parked RIGHT IN FRONT of our rig. Luckily, DH was able to back up (no toad) but really? is it a closeness thing? Another time we were at a Cracker Barrel and another doofus parked within inches of the MH. She was sitting eating in her car. We had to make a right turn (into) her poorly parked car. She just sat there, munching away while we tried to maneuver around her. I kept telling DH to take off her bumper (we're probably better insured!)
My wife would have had started the discussion (again!) of how passive aggressive I am and been yelling at me BEFORE I demonstrated how loud our air horns were

too close and they will make you spill your food !

If you really are sad and think nobody cares, just try missing a few payments ! '11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT RR10R pushed by a Demco Excali-Bar II hitch which is pushed by a '14 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport.
JohnBoyToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2016, 12:49 PM   #44
Winnebago Owners Club
We recently stopped at a mall outside Atlanta and parked in the very last row away from the mall itself. There was not a car within 100 yards of our coach. Had a lovely time shopping and dining and come out to " A Parking Ticket" for taking up two spaces. I was so mad I wanted to return everything and explain to every merchant why, but a cooler head prevailed and I spoke to mall security and then went back to every merchant and explained why we would never shop there again.

2005 Winnebago Vectra, 20 foot enclosed car hauler with a Mini Cooper S convertible inside, look for the big Betty Boop on the back,and two Westies Maggie and Buddy.
Catcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:49 PM   #45
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
My wife would have had started the discussion (again!) of how passive aggressive I am and been yelling at me BEFORE I demonstrated how loud our air horns were

too close and they will make you spill your food !

That's what I was thinking!!!!! See how much she enjoys the air horn while trying to eat.

I had a similar experience two miles after leaving the dealer with our new Storm last November. We are in horrible traffic east of Atlanta and trying to get into the correct lane. A nice four wheeler was letting us in but I didn't want to wipe out their car and my new motor home in the process so I was waiting for the line of cars in front of us to move. Another motorist was trying to turn left in front of us to get to a parking lot but that parking lot was entrance was 100' behind us and not at all accessible for her. She decided to turn left in front of us anyway and really screwed things up. She couldn't move, I couldn't move, the person behind her couldn't move , nor could the nice person behind me.

Since she was only inches from the front of my new ride I just laid on the horn for about 20 seconds. I didn't realize how loud the electric horn was on an F53. I have no idea where she ended up going

Of course the DW had a few choice words for me that lasted for way more than 20 seconds, but I had an inward smile.

It's the simple things in life!!!
2015 Fleetwood Storm 28MS and 13 Honda CRV Toad
Blue Ox Towbar & baseplate SMI Stay N Play brakes
tim myers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:04 PM   #46
If everyone owned a 40' RV there wouldn't be a parking issue. But since most people don't have a clue we'll just have to put up with it.
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2013 Chevy 3500 dually
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:33 PM   #47
I ran into this problem many times as an OTR trucker.

Had a few mishaps because someone thought it was a good idea to park directly in a blind spot behind my trailer.

First time, I didn't get out to look first before I backed up, moved that car out of the way with ease but an unhappy owner.

Second time, I was moving and this fool just parked right behind me as I was backing up. That cost me also.

Hard to stay calm when the first this out of their mouth is ("YOU SHOUDNT BE HERE").

And I'll have to be honest and add, because of these situations, I've done a few things that I'm not proud of and won't mention, but it did involve a tow chain.

Dan & Loretta, US Army Retired Aero Scout Pilot
2012 Fleetwood Providence 42P Class A/DP
Spartan Chassis, 8.9L Cummins 450HP
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:52 PM   #48
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just put a couple shopping carts front and rear. No body else will ever move them!
04 Horizon QD, 12 Ford Flex, Excalibar, Brake-Pro, ,, Winter Texan, RVin! since 1974
Norm, Donna & Tinker Kat 74 MGB-GT, 75 MGB, 01 Z3
Life is a Timed Event, you only get One Go Around!
rgvtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:15 PM   #49
Entegra Owners Club
The cones work. I have used them for many years. 99% of the time the problem is because people don't realize our limitations. The cones drive the point home. Not many people will get out of their car to move cones, it is just easier for them to park somewhere else.
Marc and Jill, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:47 PM   #50
Alpine Owners Club
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
I have pulled up to the diesel pumps at Flying J when their was a car at the front pump. I filled my tank and they were still there blocking my exit. 15 minutes later the people came back from EATING AND WALKING THEIR DOG !!!!
I love to blare my air horn at those idiots - does kind of wake them up a little and everyone gets to look at them and stare!. I have had people up into Flying J pumps the wrong way - I pull right up to them and stare until they back out and go on their way.
Barbara & David O'Keeffe
Figment II (Alpine 2002 36 MDDS)
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:25 PM   #51
And in many J's you have to go against the normal direction to get propane. Just saying there's probably a reason why.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:05 AM   #52

Originally Posted by ChasA View Post
And in many J's you have to go against the normal direction to get propane. Just saying there's probably a reason why.

Refer trucks can fill propane from either side, that's why

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:31 AM   #53
We recently did Propane at FJ in Pembroke NY with toad. We called to see if they had a long hose. Nope, go against the traffic pattern an pull through the "wrong" way. As is the case a car was parked in the pull through zone -- waiting and not smart enough to figure out why I just didn't ho around her...

2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH
2015 Jeep Roadmaster AT. tow bar with RVI2 supplemental.

Taking in the sight wherever our Trolley takes us...

Taking in the sights with our Trolley ...but life is always better under a Palm Tree
2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH. - our Trolley
2016 Jeep Cherokee Latitude, Western New York
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote