Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2015, 07:43 PM   #57

Monaco Owners Club
Why ?
because we wanted it, and we are paying for it...
that's reason enough... hope you don't mind that we get what we want
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2015, 09:18 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
Our sentiments exactly. But, there are still macho men who think it's beneath them to sit down when they can stand and just aim and shoot. It's so easy to be considerate of the cleaning person, but some guys just don't care.
Maybe the name threw you off but I am male. I also was raised to be neat and clean and pick up behind myself. If a guy can't hit a toilet bowl on the first try he should squat to start with. I don't need to mark my territory. I bought and paid for my MH and take pride in it.
My wife takes as much pride in what we have as I do. She has put in her time and be it far from me to add to her duties cleaning and maintaining what we have. I aim to please.
We have had a couple discussions on the home front over whether the toilet seat should be left up or down. She thinks it is inconsiderate of me to leave the seat up so she has to put it down to use the toilet. I on the other hand think it is inconsiderate of her to leave it down so I have to put it up to use the toilet.
In the MH though I always close the seat and cover. The closer quarters sort of mandate this. If something gets knocked off the vanity or falls out of a cabinet I don't relish fishing in a toilet for it.
I have learned to plan ahead when I want to do something. Our bathroom is rather small in the MH. The toilet paper roll is mounted on the inside of the vanity door. Sitting on the toilet and opening the door is a little tricky. If I need to sit I open the vanity door before I sit down. This way I can enjoy my time there without dreading banging my knees trying to force the door past them to access the Charmin. This was a little info I passed on to the Missus who thought I was brilliant for figuring this out early on.
All this brings another thought to mind. How about having one full service bathroom in your new MH and a second bathroom with just a urinal? A real space saver!
Problem solved. LOL
Lynn
LETMGROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 10:50 PM   #59

If you ever take someone like my Mother in law camping it is essential... Some folks spend forever in a bathroom and with the bath and a half the trip is back in the fun column. I will say that I love the spaciousness of our rear bathroom.

Bill & Christine
40 ft Revolution LE Diesel Pusher & Honda Fit Sport
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Chiefly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:18 AM   #60

Lynn, I am the male part of this family too, and we have had similar discussions. We had a cat that no matter how many water dishes we put out, she preferred the toilet. So, for many years, the cover was closed when not in use. We got used to it and agreed that the bathroom even looked neater that way. The cat is gone now, but the covers remain down. I have been the one to clean the MH bathrooms and the bathrooms in our AZ home. I can attest to the fact that no matter how good a guys aim is, the splatter still hits the floor. Knowing that, for many years, I have just dropped the drawers and sat down for the event. I do the same when a guest in someones home. It's just being considerate to the person doing the cleaning. My wife thanks me so it must be ok.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:37 AM   #61

Winnebago Owners Club
Why do you want to clean two bathrooms in a motorhome?

Because we have two and want to keep both of them clean.

As mentioned we purchased what appealed to us. If you dont want two washrooms or prefer to use the campground facilities that must appeal to you.

I get the feeling from some posts that those who prefer one washroom are kind of looking down on those of us who have two. I am not going to try to persuade you that two is better but we do enjoy ours.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:02 PM   #62

i have IBS, enough said
suej0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:33 PM   #63

Country Coach Owners Club
One thing not yet mentioned, but important to those who boon-dock. Those bath-and-a-half models require one of the toilets be a mascinator (sp?) design which use a lot more water to move waste to the black tank. Not a big deal, if your hooked up, but if your off the grid your freshwater will empty as your black tank fills amazingly fast!
MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:34 PM   #64

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSJC View Post
One thing not yet mentioned, but important to those who boon-dock. Those bath-and-a-half models require one of the toilets be a mascinator (sp?) design which use a lot more water to move waste to the black tank. Not a big deal, if your hooked up, but if your off the grid your freshwater will empty as your black tank fills amazingly fast!
And that's when you say - sure glad I have this half bath gravity fill!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:45 PM   #65

I see some saying they can not access rear bath with slides in.
My revolution bed tips up and locks leaving a nice walkway to the rear bath.
I do lower the bed when driving, however one hand tips it right up with the proper struts.
will stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:56 PM   #66

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have the bath and a half and LOVE it! I will never have a coach without it. while traveling with our three kids its definitely a plus and when its just the wife and I, it comes in handy when she is taking up the master bath getting ready. In our coach it also allows for a huge shower in the master bath which I really like. Like I said, the rear bath allows for a big shower but it also cannot be accessed while the slides are in so the half bath is a must with the rear bath. I also like that it saves me from going through the whole coach to the back so we're not tracking dirt through the whole unit. All around, we find it a plus.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:17 PM   #67

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The bath and a half does not require a macerator. Ours does have vacuflush which some people complain about but ours works fine. I hated our split bath in our last unit. Had to shower basically open to the hall and then cross the hall for the sink and toilet. Someone else mentioned the engineers designing the rear bath and not realizing it wouldn't work with the slides in. Im fairly certain they realized it. The half bath was not designed by mistake and the idea that customers are somehow having the wool pulled over their eyes is ridiculous. I would venture to guess that once most folks have them, they won't go back. As far as loosing space, you could also look at it as a really big storage area for oversize or bulk items if you chose not to use it for its intended purpose. BATH AND A HALF = MUST HAVE
Old 09-12-2015, 01:44 PM   #68
jrs

DW and I are going to get a 1.5 bath when we retire and buy our tag DP for full time use. Can't wait!!!!
jrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 02:25 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
I hated our split bath in our last unit. Had to shower basically open to the hall and then cross the hall for the sink and toilet.
I am surprised to hear this. After having several tow behind campers with the toilet, sink, and shower in a tiny cube I bought a class C with the shower across the hallway. It worked great IMO. You had room to dry off without banging off everything in the smaller do all rooms. Throw a towel down on the floor and you are good to go. Of course there was a door which closed the hall area off to the rest of the camper. Lots of room with complete privacy.
When I first started looking at class A RV's one thing I insisted on was to have the split shower / bathroom. When traveling we use the tub floor to store gallon jugs of drinking water and some other things to keep them safe while moving. Easy access to these even if someone is answering their call to nature.
Lynn
LETMGROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 08:30 PM   #70

flagship1. macerator. #chopthatcrapup
suej0131 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome