Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2015, 08:43 PM   #43

Gulf Streamers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to normandlegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky1320 View Post
To be clear: I never said it was wrong to have a mid door. All I stated is that the reason pushers generally put them up front is because they can, and it takes up less space. It doesn't have to mean that it is better somehow.
I agree concerning the space saver, but that is the only positive side of it; by having a mid entrance coach, diesel or not, you do entry in your coach in the proper area to store what ever you bought at the grocery store or elsewhere; secondo, the bathroom is much closer in a mid entrance coach then the front entrance; and finally, you don't get your carpeted living room area dirty just to go and have a leak or to get a drink in the fridge !
normandlegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2015, 09:15 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by normandlegra View Post
I agree concerning the space saver, but that is the only positive side of it; by having a mid entrance coach, diesel or not, you do entry in your coach in the proper area to store what ever you bought at the grocery store or elsewhere; secondo, the bathroom is much closer in a mid entrance coach then the front entrance; and finally, you don't get your carpeted living room area dirty just to go and have a leak or to get a drink in the fridge !
True enough......if you live in your motorhome. Ours sits for no more than two days when we are using it. And of course, the mid ship door saves.....three steps.
Bucky1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:20 PM   #45

I wasn't sure if I was going to like the door located in the middle on my new coach. But I've since decided that I like it!
dezrtracr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:17 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
This is my first motorhome so I can't really know about front door coaches, but I can say I truly enjoy the mid door. It just seems so much more convieneint. We are able to put a 40" TV on the small console between the seats, which would be impossible if we had people using a front door. I do have a front driver side door, but I've never used it.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:50 AM   #47

That addresses the other thing I don't care for with mid ship entry. If it has a driver's door, that helps me somewhat. If I am hooking up the trailer by myself or getting ready to roll, I may be in and out TO THE DRIVER'S SEAT half a dozen times or more. Entering right to the driver's seat or being able to reach in eliminates some of the issues I have with mid ship entry.
Bucky1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 05:29 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky1320 View Post
That addresses the other thing I don't care for with mid ship entry. If it has a driver's door, that helps me somewhat. If I am hooking up the trailer by myself or getting ready to roll, I may be in and out TO THE DRIVER'S SEAT half a dozen times or more. Entering right to the driver's seat or being able to reach in eliminates some of the issues I have with mid ship entry.
Yes, a driver's door is handy, even if only used occasionally. Also nice to have a third exit in emergencies.
Old 07-18-2015, 06:36 AM   #49

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdebarmore View Post
We are able to put a 40" TV on the small console between the seats, which would be impossible if we had people using a front door. I do have a front driver side door, but I've never used it.
With a front door I was able to remove a love seat and put a 46" TV straight across from the couch.
No need to sit with my head twisted to see a TV at the front.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 01:42 PM   #50

Mid Door

Quote:
I prefer a lot more walking in my mh in the kitchen area where you usually drop your groceries instead of walking across the living room area !
I wish I could find a 3-5 year old mid door dp, I'd buy it now replacing my alcoolique gasser !
Go online to Newell.com they make and have used mid entry doors, you'll have to shell out more money though.
Old 07-18-2015, 01:52 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Some of this just gets silly. Everyone to their own likes. We have had both and found either to be quite comfortable and have its own advantages.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 07:10 PM   #52

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiredblade View Post
Go online to Newell.com they make and have used mid entry doors, you'll have to shell out more money though.

I prefer staying below the 40' mark, no tandem, thanks !
Old 07-18-2015, 07:48 PM   #53
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
Some of this just gets silly. Everyone to their own likes. We have had both and found either to be quite comfortable and have its own advantages.
Thank you.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:52 AM   #54

mid entry

Quote:
I prefer staying below the 40' mark, no tandem, thanks !
I agree, those tandums are usually 44-45' long, I would like to test drive one and see how they handle. I heard that Newell makes, or did make one with rear wheels that would turn when backing up, if true, that would be handy. But those things are out of my price range, I see on their website a new one for $1,800,000! If I had that kind of money I would buy a winter house in Aruba!
Old 07-19-2015, 05:35 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiredblade View Post
I agree, those tandums are usually 44-45' long, I would like to test drive one and see how they handle. I heard that Newell makes, or did make one with rear wheels that would turn when backing up, if true, that would be handy. But those things are out of my price range, I see on their website a new one for $1,800,000! If I had that kind of money I would buy a winter house in Aruba!
It's probably a good idea that you do not test drive a tandem coach. It's a pretty safe bet that if you do, you will find a reason to get and own one. Better ride, more stability in the wind or when being passed by another large vehicle, similar economy, (averaged 8.25 mpg on the last 2800 mile trip) and better load capacity. Sorry, but I can't come up with any negatives.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 06:08 AM   #56

Gulf Streamers Club
I have nothing against tandem coaches, for me as a non-full timer, a 38'-40' with 4 extensions suits me and there are great coaches in that range equiped with a 400 HP Cummins engine ! They can also be parked in most state and county parks
I'm seriously looking at a smaller coach then my 38 footer gasser; I'm really interested in a 36' Tiffin Phaeton model 36GH, 380 Cummins engine, Allison 3000 MH 6 speed, full air, full electric, no propane... that would be our dream rv!

Tags
door