Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2015, 05:46 AM   #57

mid entry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
It's probably a good idea that you do not test drive a tandem coach. It's a pretty safe bet that if you do, you will find a reason to get and own one. Better ride, more stability in the wind or when being passed by another large vehicle, similar economy, (averaged 8.25 mpg on the last 2800 mile trip) and better load capacity. Sorry, but I can't come up with any negatives.
I don't disagree with you at all! Never have driven one, and I don't think I will, don't want to be tempted! I am very satisfied with my Islander, it is so nice not to have payments. Also, it is hard enough getting out of my driveway with a 40 footer, adding 4 or 5 more feet might be a challenge!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2015, 08:46 AM   #58

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by normandlegra View Post
I agree concerning the space saver, but that is the only positive side of it; by having a mid entrance coach, diesel or not, you do entry in your coach in the proper area to store what ever you bought at the grocery store or elsewhere; secondo, the bathroom is much closer in a mid entrance coach then the front entrance; and finally, you don't get your carpeted living room area dirty just to go and have a leak or to get a drink in the fridge !
You forgot not having to walk the ENTIRE length of the coach (usually across carpeted areas) to put or retrieve anything from the rear bedroom.
MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 09:02 AM   #59

Gulf Streamers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to normandlegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSJC View Post
You forgot not having to walk the ENTIRE length of the coach (usually across carpeted areas) to put or retrieve anything from the rear bedroom.
or to do some laundry if you have a w/d !
normandlegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:45 AM   #60

... I've located two MD units, and neither of them is closer than 1000 miles. The one in CA has been for sale for awhile, so I suspect that there are issues that keep it from being snapped up; considering that LA has a lot of potential buyers.

The one in the NE has been neglected and isn't drivable the way it sits (tires, batteries, leaking wheel hub, who knows how old the oil is). I've made an offer contingent on inspection, so we'll see.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:59 AM   #61

Gulf Streamers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to normandlegra
Keep us posted !
normandlegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:16 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson View Post
Why do most MHs have a front door instead of a mid-door?
If you are looking for new or relatively new DP the Thor Palazzo has a mid-door with 5 floor plans to choose from www.palazzorv.com/floorplans. If you are looking for a gasser you have many more choices because of the placement of the engine up front. I had a mid-door on my last coach and a front door on my current coach and I prefer the front door for the same reasons mentioned by others, out of the way and frees up valuable wall space.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:48 AM   #63
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky1320 View Post
My front entry must be different than everyone elses. My wife pushes her seat back a bit(and leaves it there), and never has to use the step cover. I can pass without her having to get up. The door has no wind noise.

If you like the mid door, that's great! But the statement that it doesn't consume any usable space is kind of absurd. But you may not miss that space, which is great. We have a full size table (three of us always eat there) and an additional chair behind the passenger chair. Not everyone needs/wants that. That's cool!
Not sure if you've looked at a 40' Mid Door! Mine has a 30" cabinet behind the co-pilot, then euro lounge chair and ottoman and then the table that seats 4. Then is the door. I'm not lacking for space at all!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:51 AM   #64
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
... I've located two MD units, and neither of them is closer than 1000 miles. The one in CA has been for sale for awhile, so I suspect that there are issues that keep it from being snapped up; considering that LA has a lot of potential buyers.

The one in the NE has been neglected and isn't drivable the way it sits (tires, batteries, leaking wheel hub, who knows how old the oil is). I've made an offer contingent on inspection, so we'll see.
What are you looking for? My MD coach is listed in our classifieds here.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:40 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpatch View Post
Not sure if you've looked at a 40' Mid Door! Mine has a 30" cabinet behind the co-pilot, then euro lounge chair and ottoman and then the table that seats 4. Then is the door. I'm not lacking for space at all!

Great!
Bucky1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:34 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpatch View Post
What are you looking for? My MD coach is listed in our classifieds here.
I've never looked at Beaver coaches, and glad that I looked at your ad

What's involved with selling across the CA/USA border?

Tags
door