Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-12-2014, 07:01 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Here is what was important to us:
Dual couches up front. (No computer desk).
TV in the MIDDLE in the front. (Not on the side or corner).
Table and chairs, not a booth.
Dark stained wood.

Those were the things we knew we wanted.
Equal access to the TV, both with a couch to lay on watching the TV.

Most anything else I believe we were flexible on.
And since we bought this one, I do not think any of those things have changed.

2001 Monaco Windsor 40 PBD
TMan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2014, 07:22 PM   #30
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to vandog
Originally Posted by DavenMonica View Post
Now this is funny--actually made me go register and stop lurking! We are looking at giving up our sailboat (or not) and purchasing a MH, and absolutely one of the most important things is the floor plan!!! Might be because we knew after my husband growing through sailboats for almost 40 years you really need a livable area to make small quarters, well, livable! When we look at actually spending a lot of time in a limited amount of space suddenly having a L shaped couch towards the front and being able to turn the captains chairs around and having a conversation area around the TV (and yes I'm a silly woman in FL so desiring a fireplace I am insisting upon it) that it is now one of the only floor plans we will look at--along with having a 1/2 bath. It is the same as wanting open floor plans in homes, or split plans. We all want what we want. My husband insists on at least 450HP, would really like more. But as well, if we only wanted to do weekends that would be much easier. Wouldn't care so much if we had the TV in the middle next to the dinette and our couch was forward -- and can we really see that? Or our guests? Doesn't matter so much then!

To each their own- love seeing everyone's different purchases and why.

Nice to meet you all!

Monica......I can feel exactly what you are saying.....we have been sailing for 40 years and have given up our 49 Jeanau for a 2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40E......Floorplan is very important. ....bath and 1/2...king size bed. ...L shaped couch with the captains chairs turned around works great... ...washer/dryer. Check out the 40E.....

Capt. Jay with Savannah. (The Vandog)
2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
vandog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:36 AM   #31

49 is a beautiful boat! We have a Jeanneau SO 43DS. Will definitely check out your 40E--thanks!

DavenMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:43 AM   #32
Ford Super Duty Owner
Our big concern with floor plan is to be useable without having to have the slides out. Nothing worst than stopping for lunch and having to put a slide out to get the fridge door open. Or want to use the bathroom and can't get to it.
zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:49 PM   #33
Fleetwood Owners Club
Originally Posted by zippo View Post
Our big concern with floor plan is to be useable without having to have the slides out. Nothing worst than stopping for lunch and having to put a slide out to get the fridge door open. Or want to use the bathroom and can't get to it.
Livability with slides in is very important. Just think how much time you spend in the coach with the slides in. Traveling on the road, stopped for a quick overnight at a rest stop where you can't open slides, or even time spent waiting out a heavy storm, will tell you everything you wanted to know about having slides in. Most often mh's are shown all opened up. Make sure they let you get a feel for slides in. I recently looked at an Essex, and it sure was a beauty all opened up, but closed up, you could barely get to the mid bath let alone to the bedroom. The other big consideration for us is having the dining on the pass side. Who the heck wants to look out over your sewer connections while dining. Last wish for us is opposing couches, which makes for a better entertaining environment. I like to look at people when talking to them. I am still up in the air about the necessity of a 1/2 bath. My wife keeps saying she would like one, but I have a hard time giving up space for something that is used so seldom. I prefer the mid full bath as it seems to separate the bedroom from the entertaining area, as well as alleviating the need for a macerating toilet, which can become troublesome.
Cbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #34
To us is we started with sleeping arrangements first and foremost them worked our way from there.
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:56 PM   #35
Newmar Owners Club
We bought an 03 Dutch Star model no 4007. We love the floor plan. King bed, huge shower, separate rear sinks, closed door pot, dinner table and chairs on passenger side, and two couches to lay in and watch tv. For two people it fits greatClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1407988420.716532.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	730.4 KB
ID:	70744Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1407988530.639654.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	754.4 KB
ID:	70745

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

Owner of a 2003 Dutch Star, model 4007
2003 Chevy Tahoe
dpsdenny is offline   Reply With Quote