Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2015, 06:03 AM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Why two switches

2014 Thor Tuscany XTE. In my wet bay there is a small panel marked water pump. On the left side there is a switch that when pushed will stay in position, in the middle is a red light, and on the right there is another switch that is spring loaded and when pushed it switches back to its original position.
Question, why are there two switches, I could turn on a faucet and go outside and push both of them and really track it down but maybe thought someone knew why there are two switches. When I push the switch on the left the pump light comes on and the pump does pump.
camato5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2015, 06:20 AM   #2
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
That's so you don't have to go inside to turn the water pump on. You have a switch in the water bay for all things water related. It's a convenience switch.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:59 AM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpatch View Post
That's so you don't have to go inside to turn the water pump on. You have a switch in the water bay for all things water related. It's a convenience switch.
I understand that but just don't know why there are two switches on the same panel
Old 04-01-2015, 07:13 AM   #4
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Does the water pump rocker switch with the red light turn off the water pump and light or do you have to use the spring loaded cancel switch on the right to do so?

Also, it may be that the pump is not on a 3-way switch. You may have to turn off the wash bay pump switch via the spring loaded one to relinquish control back to inside.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:35 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
One may be for the water pump, and the other for a light?
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:19 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
The switch in front (to the left) is for the LP Gas valve (when ön"it illuminates the light). the switch on the right (rear-most) is for the water pump. There are 3 switches that will activate the ware pump. 1. In the wet bay 2. in the bathroom, & 3. in the monitor panel (over the door/passenger seat). Sadly, only #3 has an indicator lamp stating that the pump is on.
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:26 AM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpatch View Post
Does the water pump rocker switch with the red light turn off the water pump and light or do you have to use the spring loaded cancel switch on the right to do so?

Also, it may be that the pump is not on a 3-way switch. You may have to turn off the wash bay pump switch via the spring loaded one to relinquish control back to inside.
There are two switches inside, one in the rear bath and one in my main control box (slide switches, A/C controls etc.) So if the switches in the house are off, I may have to turn the switch on the left on and then the light should turn on, then the spring loaded switch to relinquish control back to the switches? Why couldn't I just turn the switch on the left back off. (Note: the outside shower is located there so to me that would be the only reason I would even use any of those switches.
Could the spring loaded switch control the pump for cases where one may want to fill the line with anti-freeze for winterizing?

I guess I could probably figure all this out by just getting home tonight and trying to trace that stuff down or even better read the owners manual although it is very generic and my not have that info ha. but I thought if someone knew right off the bat I could label them. I'm old and forget crap
Old 04-01-2015, 08:28 AM   #8

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanstaafl View Post
One may be for the water pump, and the other for a light?
My compartment light switch is in the coach by the entry door so that would be it.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:18 PM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
I will post a picture soon
Old 04-01-2015, 04:14 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
On the Damon Astoria I used to own, one was for the water pump and the other was for the LP tank on/off valve.
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:43 PM   #11

Freightliner Owners Club
Ok here are the pictures I promised, One far out and the other close up

Switch on left is either up or down, light is in middle and switch on right is spring loaded, push it at the top and it returns to the position it is in when release.
The light on the left is controlled with a master switch in the coach with a separate switch on the light itself (Master switch in coach must be on for light switch to work)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	switch.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	90290   Click image for larger version

Name:	switch 2.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	90291  

Old 04-02-2015, 12:40 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
maybe for winterizing... one hand on the pink stuff, one on the switch to quickly let it go..

just spitballing here...
MeSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:05 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Camato....see my reply (#6 above)
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:44 AM   #14

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckSavage View Post
Camato....see my reply (#6 above)
You are correct MuckSavage. I should have listened to you, This morning when I found time I called Thor and that is exactly what they told me. Left switch and light is for LP gas (MUST be shut off when filling.) That is why that switch is on that side (LP fill up on that side). Right switch is for the water pump.
So after reading your reply again and talking to Thor, I went out and checked it, I heard a valve move up front where the Propane tank is and the light came on as you suggested..
Sorry I doubted you oh wise one ha. Thank you and everyone who replied. case closed.

Now about the idiot at the factory who was too lazy to add the other labels, dude or dudette you need to "tighten up". (as we say in the oil and gas business) I did it myself so IF I ever sell it someone else will know,