Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2016, 02:52 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobnino View Post
450don why is too late?
Way too old now to make the changes I should have done way back then.
Hind site you know is always 20/20

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2016, 02:53 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
I just turn 30yo and i bought a 97 itasca sunrise as a gift for myself i have 1yo kid and i am so excited to take my family on adventures but my wife Doesn't know much about the filling to go camping haha

She wanna go but her fillings is like "meh"

Are you guys are or was in the same situation?
Quote:
I always wanted to have a motorhome , and now that i have it oooohhh maannn im so excited !!

She gonna like it i know that , (hopefully) haha
Sounds like to me that you have not given her a chance as of yet..........have you even taken your family out yet??

Old 10-09-2016, 02:57 PM   #17

Me and my dw first purchased a slide in camper then went to a 35' fth w because wife wanted to down size HAHA. and of course the standard pu wasn't big enough so I had to by a crew cab dually to pull it. We now have a 38 ft class a that we purchased it's an older unit but between the two of us we or making it our's she's makes coffee while I do all the work HAHA..I truly think the wife will love it the atmosphere camping is very relaxing she won't want to go back home..best of luck happy camping
Old 10-09-2016, 03:02 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Palehorse99 ,Not yet to be honest, with my 1yo kid i didn't wanna go out with tents
Old 10-09-2016, 03:04 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
My wife & I started out tent camping in a small pup tent. We then migrated to camping out of the back of a Suburban with a tent that attached to the back. We then started going to RV shows and started shopping for a Class C. My wife wanted the smallest we could buy thinking it would be easier to drive. I ended up buying a 31 ft Class C. My wife ended up using it more then me going to dog shows. We have since migrated up to a 38' Class A Diesel pusher. For a couple years I was traveling extensively and my wife in turn used the coach extensively going to dog shows. It works for us.

One aspect of have a camper is that you can save money traveling if you watch what & how you do things.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 03:06 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
I just turn 30yo and i bought a 97 itasca sunrise as a gift for myself i have 1yo kid and i am so excited to take my family on adventures but my wife Doesn't know much about the filling to go camping haha

She wanna go but her fillings is like "meh"

Are you guys are or was in the same situation?
Quote:
Palehorse99 ,Not yet to be honest, with my 1yo kid i didn't wanna go out with tents
I am confused..........didn't you just buy a Motorhome??
Old 10-09-2016, 03:07 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
450donn times fly thats for sure
Old 10-09-2016, 03:09 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
I'm betting that after a trip or two, she's gonna love it. Thing to do is to let her pick some places that would be amenable to both of you. After arriving and setting up, you'll need to do some of the cooking, help keep it clean and help with the 1 y/o.
Jacobnino should do some of the cooking, help keep it clean, and help with the 1-year-old???

Seems to me that if he wants his wife to enjoy camping, Jacobnino should think about doing all of the cooking, all of the cleaning, and all of the caretaking of the 1-year-old.

If he thinks he might not enjoy camping like that, then that might be an insight into why his wife might think she won't, either.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:09 PM   #23
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Suggest using full hook-up campgrounds first...near a destination the Mrs. would enjoy.
If that is a mega-outlet mall, so be it.

I would use the RV as a "destination cabin"...and stop calling it camping (alien term to Mrs.).

Show her how it is better than a destination hotel with your own Bedding (no bedbugs), your own food and snacks (less restaurant costs) and clean safe spaces for the baby.

Run the AirCon as cool as she wants (campground juice). Make her a meal that she loves in the kitchen (show her how it's just like being at home). Spoil her and she will see how your dream makes you happy...which she will benefit from.

"Happy Wife, Happy Life"

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), '07 Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
http://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 03:11 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Palehorse89 oh my bad my English is not good yes i have a motorhome but next weekend will be our first adventure, here in los angeles area still has good weather to enjoy camping
Old 10-09-2016, 03:16 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Palehorse89 oh my bad my English is not good yes i have a motorhome but next weekend will be our first adventure, here in los angeles area still has good weather to enjoy camping
I am going to venture to say that you and your family will have a wonderful time, follow some of the suggestions above.........try to do as much as you can to make sure "She" is having fun and not working.......then after she falls in Love with camping......you can start to slack off
Have fun! Some very memorable times will be spent camping with your 1 year old....... Make sure to take lots of picture's and video's while camping of your child............
Old 10-09-2016, 03:43 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Lots of good advice - Consider a trip or two with good friends (Them in their Camper of course) My DW loves to talk to her friends. Often about their DW's of course.

Word of caution - once DW starts to enjoy it gets very expensive. I'm on our 4th last coach and I still find her looking at coaches in the magazines.... I guess the good news is I enjoy it almost as much as she does.
Saltydog44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 03:47 PM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
If you can already or learn to cook and you keep the camper clean she will love to get away from those chores but if she still has to cook and clean..... not so much
Old 10-09-2016, 04:04 PM   #28

Take her tent camping first!

Tags
camping