Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-18-2014, 06:55 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Where is the OP? If you are still here, you are in over your head. Call you roadside assistance plan.

40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2014, 06:58 AM   #16
Just me, but I think there are just too many possibilities, and too much chance of creating further trouble, thus creating further expense. I'd suggest you consider calling a mobile tech - one that's capable of looking at a truck when they break down.

1997 37' HR Endeavor, 275hp Cat, Freightliner
03 CR-V Blue Ox, Ready Brake
ahicks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:03 AM   #17
Winnebago Owners Club
So often these types of problems are caused by a bad ground. Check all connections, especially grounding (negative) connections. Put batteries on charger.
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:05 AM   #18
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Very good advice given so far. The problem I see is going to sound a bit sexist but not meant to be. A lot of women do not mess with repairs. My wife has a very high IQ and is extremely intelligent. If I told her to go take a meter and measure the voltage on a battery she would say how do I do that. Before you can do most of the advice here you need to be able to use a voltmeter. If you can great if not let us know and maybe we can help you learn how. (or you can read up on the internet) Things you can do without any mechanical knowledge. I am going to repeat the advice given here already. 1. Turn on the key do the dash indicators come on and do some type of self test ( all indicators come on for a few seconds then go back off) If no then you are not getting any battery power to the circuits controlled by the key switch. You mentioned new batteries and one of the earlier posts had the right question. Were they new coach batteries or were they new chassis batteries. Chassis batteries are the ones that start the unit. IF your coach has been sitting for three months without being plugged in then all the batteries are probably going to be dead especially if the disconnects were not engaged to turn the batteries off. Check the disconnects to see if they are off. One of the earlier posters with the same coach can help you tell that. On my tiffin when they are off it has a red indicator showing when they are on it has green ( I hope I did not say that backwards) To make sure go to both switches and turn them 90 degrees from where they are now. Then try the key switch again to see if the dash lights come on. If you still do not have power plug the coach in. Most class a coaches I have seen do not have a battery charger for the chassis batteries built in. A lot of people have added small trickle chargers permanently mounted to keep these batteries topped up. If you have added that then plugging in overnight will bring these batteries up to charge. Plugging in will hopefully charge the coach batteries to a full charge. After you have done this then try the key switch again. See if the dash lights come on and do their self test. If not turn the disconnects back to the original position and try the key switch again. See if the dash lights work now. This is as far as I probably need to go until after you have tried my suggestions and posted what you have found. I am hoping that one of the earlier posters with the same coach as yours will add comments about my post telling you exactly how to do what I described for your unit. Please post what you have found so we can congratulate you on getting your coach running or continue to help you if it is not running yet. It sounds like your coach is at home or in storage at least someplace safe. What you learn from this might prove to be very helpful when it does not start and you are camping somewhere away from home.

gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote