Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2011, 01:57 PM   #43

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstpoet View Post
Yes - in writing from the owner of the dealership.
That's good!! Now you have something to work with. That is worth following up on with the dealer and asking how they propose to fix it and how long will it take! They may take it in to the shop and just let it sit so you need a firm date of completion.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2011, 06:06 PM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary peterso View Post
What have you found out? Hope it good .
Haven't heard anything and it's been a week. We are taking that as a 'good' sign...such hopeful folks we are!!! We'll see and thank you so very much! We will let you all know!
Firstpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #45

Firstpoet, not hearing anything in a week isn't necessarily a good sign, nor is it necessarily a bad sign. I'd suggest that tomorrow morning you call, or better yet, visit the dealership and find out what the status is. If your rig is still parked where you left it, or out in the "south 40," that may be a sign that the dealer is going to try "sunshine treatment" on it. Don't let the dealer just sit on the problem, hoping that you will want to actually use the rig you paid for. By now they should have a pretty good idea of what is needed and how long it will take.

You may have to wait longer than if you were a customer who was going to pay them to do the same work, since they aren't going to make anything on the repair job. Yes, they are paying their employees no matter what those people are doing, but a paying customer beats a warranty job every time. Once they actually start working, though, the job ought to move along pretty quickly. After all, your rig is tying up a service bay, and there are other rigs waiting for the space.
easdsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #46

Dose not look good. Hope it turns out good for you.We are waiting with you hoping the best.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #47

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Update...!!

We think this is good news!

We contacted the dealer and spoke to the Service Manager today. He was very nice and said that "they did find leaks", that they believe it will be dried out enough to begin putting the roof back tomorrow, and that they want to keep it a bit longer to work on the wall damage. As you can imagine, we are relieved and really excited to get it back. We won't know till we see it but it does appear they are making an effort to make the deal 'right' and as well, are treating us with respect, and if the leak is stopped we are in a much better situation. We're obviously also glad that they are considering fixing some of the interior damage. We know and knew on an older coach we would want to make updates. We didn't expect a 'new' coach or something beyond what we paid for...the situation unfortunately occurred and it appears that we are being treated like their "customer" and they are trying to make us happy...we'll let you know more when we do - thanks so much everyone for your comments and interest!
Old 10-12-2011, 06:46 PM   #48

Thanks for letting us know. When I got mine they would not fix even the brakes day after we got it home. Pads were gone. I did not know about this forum then.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:00 AM   #49

Firstpoet, did you get a reply from Mr. Lemonis? We sent him an email almost two weeks ago and have not had a reply. Good or bad, we don't know. Ours involved being caught in the middle because the GS extended warranty says issues were "pre-existing" and dealer says not. Please keep us posted.
GigiShaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #50

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigiShaw View Post
Firstpoet, did you get a reply from Mr. Lemonis? We sent him an email almost two weeks ago and have not had a reply. Good or bad, we don't know. Ours involved being caught in the middle because the GS extended warranty says issues were "pre-existing" and dealer says not. Please keep us posted.
I don't know who Mr. Lemonis is or what you're referring too. Can you clarify?

PS - I 'googled' his name and now know...his dealership is not one I dealt with. When this is resolved I will name the dealer but to this point, have not. Thanks again...!
Old 10-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #51

Firstpoet, you are wise in not naming the dealership at this time. I suspect that if you had done so earlier the dealer might not have been as willing to work with you. The power of the Internet is huge, for good or for bad. All too often people broadcast the name of the dealership that "wronged" them before the dealer even has a chance to make things right. On the other side, when people get the customer service they expect, they aren't as willing to broadcast that name.

I suspect that if more people would broadcast the names of the good places, and fewer would broadcast the bad, we'd see more good places. I'm not talking about the very few "businesses" that are just out to rip off as many people as they can, but the ones where there is an honest difference of opinion.

I don't know where you are located, nor have any idea where you might have purchased your coach, but when this is all settled to your satisfaction, and you share the name of the dealer, I'll probably consider buying from that dealer when we begin looking for our FT rig. Obviously, there are no promises to buy from him, but I'd much rather deal with someone who really works with customers, even if I do pay a bit more.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
easdsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:59 PM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
I always say the quality of a business is not measured when you buy the product but when you take it back with a complaint.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #53

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJay View Post
I always say the quality of a business is not measured when you buy the product but when you take it back with a complaint.
Which is one of the reasons we keep buying Newmar's!! They earned our business when they replaced the overloaded front axle at no cost.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #54

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstpoet View Post
We think this is good news!

We contacted the dealer and spoke to the Service Manager today. He was very nice and said that "they did find leaks", that they believe it will be dried out enough to begin putting the roof back tomorrow, and that they want to keep it a bit longer to work on the wall damage. As you can imagine, we are relieved and really excited to get it back. We won't know till we see it but it does appear they are making an effort to make the deal 'right' and as well, are treating us with respect, and if the leak is stopped we are in a much better situation. We're obviously also glad that they are considering fixing some of the interior damage. We know and knew on an older coach we would want to make updates. We didn't expect a 'new' coach or something beyond what we paid for...the situation unfortunately occurred and it appears that we are being treated like their "customer" and they are trying to make us happy...we'll let you know more when we do - thanks so much everyone for your comments and interest!
At this point I'd want to see the repairs in person!! If all they did was find the leaks and dry the area out you may still have water damage that will show up later. I'd want to see fresh wood, fresh insulation, new paneling and what ever else may be damaged. Just drying out the wood may not stop the rot/dry rot, replacing wet insulation is the only cure for it. Is the rig wood framed or metal?
Old 10-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #55

Hi just wonder what happened? Did they fix it for you? Good luck.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #56

Wink

I'm currently working on my second restoration of a quality Type A motorhome...I've learned that an old motorhome is kind of like an old truck...............and an old house combined.....There's always something.........!
newellguy is offline   Reply With Quote