RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2018, 09:43 AM   #29

We would keep our Bus and have fun giving the winnings away anonymously to deserving people that need help. Sorry if that sounds corny, but we already have everything we need or want and so many do not.

Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2018, 01:00 PM   #30

Nemar New Air.
Closest dealer.
Ordered just the way I want it.
Don't want something to big.
Use the rest of the money for fuel and dinning out.
Get a very nice toad.
Other toys would be bought; so I have to spread it out cause I'm married so the wife gets half and since I live in California, she also get half of my half! But since I would give half to the church I might not have anything left so it would end up being her choice...

Old 07-22-2018, 01:26 PM   #31
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Definitely a Newell. Custom built. I can wait for it!
Old 07-22-2018, 10:17 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If I let the DW browbeat me into buying something different I would buy a 45 ft Newmar of some sort with IFS. Likely a DS, MA, or Essex, probably 2 y/o so someone else has already had to deal with all the manufacture failures and warranty crap.

Then I would have it fully customized inside, because I want an interior that looks like a home, not a Dubai hotel lobby.

Then I would have it fully customized outside, because I hate these damn swirlies. A plain two-tone with a couple of solid stripes will be fine.
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:41 AM   #33

A good many people have mentioned Newell, Prevost, King Aire. We've been in a good many State Park CGs and COE CGs and we've not seen a single one of these RVs. My only conclusion is these high end RVs don't venture into public campgrounds for whatever reasons.
Traxless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:20 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
We would keep our Bus and have fun giving the winnings away anonymously to deserving people that need help. Sorry if that sounds corny, but we already have everything we need or want and so many do not.
X2 although it’s impossible to remain anonymous in many states...another reason for not playing. If I did win big and could remain anonymous I would keep what I have so I might remain anonymous. I pity those that claim their winnings in less than a week and take the lump sum...they have no idea what they are in for and usually it does not end well for them.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:50 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxless View Post
A good many people have mentioned Newell, Prevost, King Aire. We've been in a good many State Park CGs and COE CGs and we've not seen a single one of these RVs. My only conclusion is these high end RVs don't venture into public campgrounds for whatever reasons.
I get plenty of LOOKS when I pull into those types of CGs...our favorite types. Having traveled with other BIG rigs most are worried if they do not have 50A service (100A actually). I’m happy with none and really happy if it’s 30A although 15A will do.
In fairness, do you really want to scratch up a $50,000 paint job in a CG that lets the trees grow into the roads and sites as most are not big rig friendly.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:27 PM   #36

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxless View Post
Hmmmm.We have done more than our share of COE/city/county parks.. and a few state & federal parks as well..altho the state & Fed's are normally older with roadways and tree/rock encroachments that prevent the larger rigs from entering/camping.
That said... I will not compromise my usage & enjoyment with a smaller/less well appointed RV.
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 05:45 PM   #37

If I won a lottery that paid me a million dollars:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
If you won the lottery, and were going to purchase a DP, what would you purchase?

Off the shelf or custom build?

Do you want it NOW, of later?

Go!
:First off sell the 2006 Itasca Sunova, special edition then I would be looking at possibly a Navion 24' But I we have some wants first off 2 slides, one in the bedroom and one in the Galley to make more room when parked. The slide in the bedroom has to be able to use the walk around queen when one cannot slide it out like boondocking in a Walmart parking lot or any other Boondock spot, 2nd) galley has to come with 3 burners and a 21" propane oven, a decent sized 2 door fridge, single sink, enough counter space to make sandwiches etc., 3rd) a decent sized shower where 2 people would fit and the shower has to have a glass sliding door so approximately 36"X30" by 6'4" tall do not need a skylight on the roof.
4th)Holding tanks and fuel tanks have to be a decent size to be able to boon dock for 5 days with 2 people in it.so at least 40 Gallons each and the Fuel tank 75 Gallons. I don't know about the rear differential, or Automatic Transmission as I do not know much about them Unless I'm driving a 3/4 ton truck but the MH has to be on a minimum E450 Chassis nothing less. I would prefer the diesel because the doghouse does not stick out when I have to get up and turn around to enter the MH. I hate those Beds that are stuffed into the corner and the other corner has a shower that is to small with toilet and sink??? Has to have all the bells and whistles in the Chassis area so one does not get thrown around when big trucks go by or it is windy out, also the best in shocks but never would I install air bags unless they are lifetime with spring around them and I don't have to go out and pump them up, they have to be made so they never lose air.
I can live with A Navion with twin beds because then I could have my light on without bothering my partner but she prefers we sleep together.
Sure is nice to dream isn't it.
Peter
studesrus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 05:47 PM   #38

I am female 68. I have a nice motorhome that I can drive somewhat. (My husband died). If I won the lottery, I would pay it off! I am considering someone taking it up north and leaving it there as a summer home. I really doubt I'd drive it. If I had a couple million, and wanted to travel I'd hire me a man!
Dave Zeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 05:55 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Foretravel IH-45 or Newell. Both custom built to the customer's preferences.
Ditto!
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 06:03 PM   #40

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Foretravel IH-45 or Newell. Both custom built to the customer's preferences.
yep foretravel custom and or newell,

easy answer. foretravel is close to us to its a no brainer to go to them first
buy an older unit, say 2010 and have them update it,

been watching this one real close...

Foretravel Motorcoach - 2010 Foretravel Nimbus CE
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 06:23 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Hmmmmmm....

Keep what we have,
It still impresses us with it's superior qualities over the mass produced coaches..
Do a few updates (swap out the tag axle dump and upgrade with a tag axle lift)
Upgrade the remaining lights to LED (including headlights & tail lights)
Freshen up the flooring.
Continue to live below our means & keeping an "out of sight/out of mind" media profile..
Invest the remaining winnings....
Go fishing

If I had your rig I'd do the same thing!
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:39 PM   #42

I know you are specifically looking for a DP, but I would personally go for whatever the biggest Super-C I could find is. Give you that added head-on safety plus still have a nice diesel motor to get you where you are going.

The ultimate would probably be to buy something a few years old and spend all of the rest of the money on Subway franchises. Just sayin...

seanp is offline   Reply With Quote