Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-20-2016, 07:44 PM   #1
wind noise at front door

I just found a 2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus that I would buy BUT it has a terrible wind noise at or near the entrance door. Does anyone know if this is a problem that has a solution or is it a built in problem. The plastic wind deflector at the leading edge of the door seems to be in good shape. The latch pin could be adjusted a little tighter. Also the windshield gasket at top curb side corner does not seem to fit against the body as tight as it could. The seller called Tiffin and they said they might could fix it??
Would appreciate any help.
Cheers Bob

Bob & Terry Wallace

2013 Newmar Dutch Star 4018
bobwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2016, 07:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Our wind noise was coming from the door awning arm. I fixed it by putting a piece of pipe insulation in the channel.

'99 Ultimate Freedom, UKQ38KD, on a Freightliner chassis, trailer towing a 1950 Crosley Station wagon .... Member of the Non-Affiliated Camping Group
Eyephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:01 PM   #3
Our MH also has wind noise at the entry door. I asked about eliminating the noise and was told it required a new door to fit properly. The service manager said MH doors commonly get "tweaked" over time from being whipped open on a windy day or slammed shut very hard from a gust of wind, or just from getting twisted by road conditions, and cannot be straightened.
I tried making it fit closer when closed, but it did not lessen wind noise, it only made the door very hard to open. It had to be pushed inward while pulling the latch handle. Quite inconvenient on a rainy day, especially for a short person like my wife.
I have another idea, but it requires some tinkering and testing. I'm thinking about using strips of thin adhesive-backed weather stripping on the metal door area where I think the door is not fitting against the OEM door gasket.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:13 AM   #4
Monaco Owners Club
2007 Monaco knight.............terrible whistling noise coming from door area...........seemed to change with direction you were traveling, wind speed, coach speed, etc...............had my rv guy look at it..........what I thought was a problem with the seal around the door turned out to be air leaking around the window............after some caulk scraping, and some new caulk, the problem was fixed..............it did take him about 8 hours of driving, testing of solutions, etc., before he got it, but he got it.............fix wasn't cheap, but price was fair for the amount of time he spent...........good luck
jsmmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:57 AM   #5

I have done what you suggested, and it works well, but takes some time and effort to get it right. Too much foam and the door won't close-- not enough and it still whistles. When Goldilocks gets here it's JUST RIGHT!

Worth the effort, for sure.

Tom & Jan ---- Westwing43
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 01:20 PM   #6
I had wind noise at the door. the fix id was to replace all the weather stripping on the door. Monaco parts had the exact replacement for mine I don't remember maybe $ 80ish and three or 4 hrs. I think Tiffin may be able to help you as well.

John, Pat and the cat named BOO
HONDA FIT in tow
johnboy2 is online now   Reply With Quote

door, noise, wind noise