Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2015, 06:52 PM   #1

Wind Noise Curious

We love our 2008'Adventurer gasser. However there is quite a bit of cockpit wind noise. How high must one go to eliminate this. I doubt moving to a mid priced DP would do that would it?Prevost? King Aire? A block cutting through wind is a block cutting through wind?.
Festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2015, 07:14 PM   #2

I am very sensitive to cabin wind noise, regardless of what I drive, so it was an important considertation when I was test driving RVs. I have very little wind noise (less than my newer car), in the KS. And I am distinguishing body wind noise from leaky gasket or whatever, wind noise. My gaskets and seals are all good, so the only wind noise I get is a little off the front driver's side mirror (although I'm guessing if I sat in the passenge seat, I would hear some wind noise off the P/S mirror, also). Design features that I believe influence body wind noise include (you have already mentioned aerodynamic wind noise), dual pane glass, better insulated coach shell, mirror locations, a carefully sealed coach body, and amount and locations of exterior "noise" generators (i.e, antennas, cowlings, etc.) Any wind whistles from poor fit/finish around gaskets/seals, I can't address.
Coulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:56 PM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a brand new rig and noticed wind noise after my 3 time out. The dealer pointed out that I had a few weep hole covers missing and replaced them. It cut the noise back quite a bit and a mirror re-adjustment helped even more. So you may want to look at those things on your rig and go from there.

Dave
dkrobath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:01 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Wind Noise Curious

Before you go out and buy a Prevost, check your weep hole covers. They cost about three dollars each.

Might save you a million or two...

Cheers!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noise, wind noise