Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2014, 03:32 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Window awnings

I want to install window awnings on my Pace Arrow but the people I have talked to (Camping World) have said that I must have 3" on each side of the window. Would it work if I don't have 3"?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2014, 03:39 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
For the awning fabric to adequately cover the window and leave room for the arms that support the roller, you need 3" on either side. Most of the awning companies (at least A&E and Carefree) tell you to measure the window and add 6". So a 30" window will have a roller that is at least 36" long.

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:44 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yes I know but I don't have that much room. I am wanting to know if I have the fabric the width to put the support arms all but touching the outer window frame will that work. I know not the best but a whole lot better than none.

Tags
awning, window