Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2015, 08:25 AM   #1

Window Fog Repair

We have a 2006 Fleetwood Providence that the windows are foggy. We live in central Illinois. Looking for a place to get them fixed. Any recommendations?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2015, 08:43 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
If you are handy you can redo the windows yourself.

I did the small passenger side window, door window, and drivers side larger window that had the slide window fogged. Bought the supplies from DK Hardware, cost $100 and I have about half left. I did some research, found some good posts on IRV2 and a couple good Youtube videos. Took me 2 days doing it myself but probably could have got done in 1 day.

jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:54 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Take a little trip to this guy, did a good job on mine.
RVFogDr.com
Old 07-27-2015, 01:07 PM   #4

Fogged Window Replacements

I called www.rvglassrepairservices.com in Greensboro, NC. They had my window in their "pattern library". They shipped me the glass unit I needed and I installed it in my window frame myself. They were really helpful and even helped me through a few questions I had.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:15 AM   #5

We took our window out and drove it down to the Fog Dr in Searcy, Arkansas. Great people and did a very good job. You can take the window or take your coach there. I drove down to Memphis and took 64 across to Searcy. That route was a long slow drive. I came back by going down to Little Rock and back to Memphis on I40. Much better way and actually faster. It was 5 hours from Marion, IL. They have a place to hook up your coach and do it there in the shop. Good place and very reasonable.
kb9tf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:46 PM   #6

What is reasonable?
Old 07-30-2015, 11:06 PM   #7

If you want to do the work yourself, Dave Root RV in Bend Oregon markets repair kits with all the necessary parts and pieces.
Not sure of the price because I had him repair my windows. My windows were large units and he charged about $330 per window to completely fix the snaky seals and fogging.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:51 AM   #8

My window in the 05 Discovery was the big window by the driver. I think it was a 3 section window. We pulled it out and took it over in the car. The Fog Dr charged us $ 150. It would be a little more if they took it out. I could have also mailed it to them. But the freight on that was way too much. Cheaper to drive it over. They also put the new seal on it for me. Taking it out and back in was very simple.
kb9tf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 04:35 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
x2 on RV FogDr. Just got both front windows done on mine. Great people to work with. He has his shop rigged up with full hookups so you can stay in your coach while the work is being done.

We went in on Sunday, hooked up and spent the night. Didn't know what to expect so budgeted two days for the work. Monday morning they took the windows out, repaired them and put them back in. Done by 11:00 am. If your windows are badly etched he can have some made but he does have a limited number of window glass that he has salvaged over the years.

He is located in an industrial area just off a main road in Searcy, AR, so you will probably want a toad to get around. There are several restaurants in the vicinity that you can get to. There is a police station about a block away so it felt safe in the area.
Mageksl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:51 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Now that is fast. It took me a day and a half for me to do mine. Took them out the first day and repaired them. Left them apart overnight for sealant to cure. Reassembled in the morning and put back in coach.
Tom Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:23 PM   #11

Thanks for all the info. Just wondering for the one that went to the fog dr in arkansas are they very expensive?
Old 08-06-2015, 10:15 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Had 3 windows done $600.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:59 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
They quoted me $500 for the two front windows. Drivers side was two panes, one fixed and one slider. The passenger side had two fixed and one slider. They replaced one glass that was too damaged. Final tab was $550 with tax.

Forgot to mention they also do body work.
Mageksl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:53 AM   #14

Thank You

Tags
repair, window