Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2014, 08:41 PM   #29

Replaced the day night shades over our triple driver side windows (it had become such a hassel to refold the pleats when you raised them, keep the strings tight and even).
We went to Home Depot and ordered; Shade-O-Matic blind, premeasured to fit, color matched our old blinds, a continuous loop cord easily raises and lowers the blind, and it fit behind the existing window trim. With our tinted windows we felt a day shade was of little value. If any of those other strings break, I know where those blinds will end up.
ARollingHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2014, 09:58 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duoglide1 View Post
Been there, done that.

Installed MCD's manual duo-shades throughout my coach -- wish I hadn't.

Besides being expensive, I'm constantly having to adjust two of the shades.

Wish I had just restrung my old shades.
TechWriter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:26 PM   #31

I hated them too, dark and annoying. We ripped out all the valance boxes and threw out the lot of them. Then we ordered wood blinds for all the windows, ten in all. They came with their own crown molding and now all I have to do is use the string and let in as much light as I want. Also I can put my hand thru and open and close the window. They have little hold downs on the side so they don't rattle when we drive. A little more to dust but they look like a house and I love it. The holes that were left when we pulled out the boxes, my hubby used tan caulk and you can't see them at all. All ten blinds cost about $500 including installation. We love it now.
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:35 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty years View Post
I hated them too, dark and annoying. We ripped out all the valance boxes and threw out the lot of them. Then we ordered wood blinds for all the windows, ten in all. They came with their own crown molding and now all I have to do is use the string and let in as much light as I want. Also I can put my hand thru and open and close the window. They have little hold downs on the side so they don't rattle when we drive. A little more to dust but they look like a house and I love it. The holes that were left when we pulled out the boxes, my hubby used tan caulk and you can't see them at all. All ten blinds cost about $500 including installation. We love it now.
Would love to see a picture of one!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:56 PM   #33

check out our new wood blinds on my post,(new blinds), we love them.
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:02 PM   #34

I replaced my day night shades with Hunter Douglas Duets. I got them thru Costco They have people from a shade company come out and measure and show various types and about 1,000 different colors.

Rather than bring power to each window, I went for the battery option. Each shade uses 8 AA batteries. They last approximately two years. They go up and down each day for 6 months or more.

I also did my front windshield using two blinds side by side. I made a wooden L shaped bracket that I bolted to the back of my cabinets (across the top) to mount the shades on. After a couple of times re-engineering the front windshield shade brackets I am very happy with the result.

These were quite pricey, but we are very pleased with the final product. Looks and functionality and of course the remote control operation.
RUFINIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:44 PM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I sure hope I don't hate the MCD American Duos. Had the coach done 2 years ago at the 35% off Sale. Just had the cockpit done. Heading out FT in Nov. Had them installed at MCD Innovations in McKinney Tx. Winston did the wood. We are very happy for now.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window