Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2014, 09:08 PM   #1
RV Enthusiast

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Windows Leaking Air

Hello all, I had a discussion with "007" about this recently in the Newmar owner's forum. I'd like to have more opinions from you all out there, especially those who own a coach like mine. I own a 2012 Canyon Star 3920 I purchased new. One issue I'm having is cold air coming in from the windows...all of them, and I can't tell exactly what part of the window either. I have the double pane thermal windows, they don't fog up or leak water, or give any other indication that there's anything wrong. But I'll tell ya, you can sit on the couch and freeze....like there's a little fan blowing cold air on you. Same laying in the bed....cold air just hits you right in the face (windows are next to each pillow). Also up front air comes in under the privacy blinds like- again a small fan is blowing it in. Last but not least, and maybe this is all normal, but my instincts say it shouldn't be, cold air coming in under the dash is also severe. We have to use large pillows stuffed in around the pedals etc to stave off some of the frigid air. I spoke to a couple who just purchased a 2014 3920 and they had just spent a night or two at a campground on cold nights and had not experienced these issues at all. I just don't get it. I'm thinking of getting a thermal imaging tech to come in and that way in color pictures I can see what's going on. I'll get to the bottom of it sooner or later, but I just wonder if I'm alone in this experience.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2014, 08:12 AM   #2

Ours is an entry level coach with single pane windows and it's air tight. I can't imagine that yours is normal that way. You have to have a hole or gap somewhere causing the draft under the dash. Has it been that way since new?

al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:17 AM   #3

What about you fresh air vent? Maybe it's not closing with the engine off.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:53 PM   #4

One way to find it is to get a pack of these and light one and see what way the wind blows.
IncenseGuru - Nature Nature Incense Over Stick
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:23 PM   #5
RV Enthusiast

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Windows Leaking Air

Thanks for the replies to my thread folks! I hadn't thought about the fresh air vent, I will check it out. In answer to first question, yes it has been this way since new. I also had some air coming in around the slider, but I have that remedied by installing a thicker foam gasket on the slider itself. You've all been a great help, more comments are welcome too, especially any 3920 owners out there. Many thanks to all.

Tags
air leak, leak, need help, window