Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2014, 05:54 PM   #1

Windshield

In the spring we noticed a small crack pass side at the bottom, going from right side to the bottom in an arc, just a few inches long. Had it replaced in Coberg Or. Within 3 mos. we see the same crack as we're traveling for 6 mos, 4k miles. At this current location on level gravel, while leveling as usual, both sides cracked multiple times from side to bottom. I'm waiting to hear from the glass co rep that has to send someone out here in the So Cal desert to inspect it. I'm not sure it's safe to drive.

My big question is - is it normal for a windshield to crack that badly from leveling? The fact that the original crack had returned and not be reported may play against me. I am questioning the quality of the glass and installation after reading some old postings on this forum.
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2014, 06:19 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
What type of leveling system do you have?? I have the RVA 3 jack system which recommends putting the front jack down 3/4" to allow a pivot point for the front.

I would post a this question on the Monaco Forum specifically for HR with your model year in title and ask if there a history of this happening.

I know that on some of the Monaco Model there is a problem with the windshield cutout and support causing the windshield to come loose/out and or cracks.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:32 PM   #3

i am with jacwjames it sounds like a supports in the cap its self and i have all so seen many talk of wrong size cutouts as well

i all ways look for any sway bar updates as it makes it harder on things as well
terry735001 is offline   Reply With Quote