Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2016, 09:25 AM   #15

Magna shade is well worth the money in my opinion just for the ease of installation, no ladder. The key is to stop the heat before it enters the MH, putting anything on the inside of the windshield still allows the heat to enter the coach. It may be blocked from the living space but the heat has to dissipate somehow and some of it will come around any screen you use. The exterior shades stop most of the heat before it passes through the windshield and into the space that must be cooled by the AC.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2016, 09:30 AM   #16
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
RV Sunscreen | No More Snaps, Drilling or Climbing

We have been using this one for 8 years. It still looks great. They are a sponsor here.

You can see out during the day and they cannot see in. At night, they can see in with your lights on.

One person install.

Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 03:24 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
I have the Prompt RV Sunscreen referenced by YC1. Works well but the 30 second one-person install from the ground is a bit of an exaggeration. Maybe on a class C but not a class A. I need a stool on the driver's side.
Old 07-24-2016, 05:19 PM   #18
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kiemele View Post
I have the Prompt RV Sunscreen referenced by YC1. Works well but the 30 second one-person install from the ground is a bit of an exaggeration. Maybe on a class C but not a class A. I need a stool on the driver's side.
Blow the air out and try putting it on before leveling it up. I too use a small folding stool if I forget.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:03 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kiemele View Post
What type of material is it made out of? The website doesn't say (or I couldn't find it).
Old 07-24-2016, 08:46 PM   #20

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger G View Post
Magna shade is well worth the money in my opinion just for the ease of installation, no ladder. The key is to stop the heat before it enters the MH, putting anything on the inside of the windshield still allows the heat to enter the coach. It may be blocked from the living space but the heat has to dissipate somehow and some of it will come around any screen you use. The exterior shades stop most of the heat before it passes through the windshield and into the space that must be cooled by the AC.
x2
Crabb E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:19 PM   #21

Magna Shade

1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
RV Sunscreen | No More Snaps, Drilling or Climbing

We have been using this one for 8 years. It still looks great. They are a sponsor here.

You can see out during the day and they cannot see in. At night, they can see in with your lights on.

One person install.
We also used this for 8 years (coincidently). At the time, it was the most reasonable you could purchase and a fast install.

It was recommended by many to get a darker color rather than white is you want to see out with more definition. We got a dark brown to match our motorhome. White is more glaring to look through and you can't see as clear.

They make them for any RV - just tell them what you have. It's a heavy fabric like the expensive ones are made from and being full-timers we used it all the time. It lasted well and we included it with the sale of our motorhome.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:58 AM   #23

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I've contacted Magne Shade and will probably get one of their black shades. I'd love to have one of my photos on one but not for $400.00!
I'll also try one of the vent pillows. Anything that will help keep out the heat is a plus in my book.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:33 AM   #24

Blocking The Heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upinsmoke View Post
Hi, we have a 2014 Itasca Sunstar and we're looking for something to help keep the heat from the windshield out of the RV, ....... One mentioned Sunguard, or possibly making your own. I'm figuring there may be something else out there now.
Thanks for any suggestions you have - we're wide open to them all.
For those who may be on a tight budget......We used an insulating heat barrier that was purchased from Lowes. Basically a type of "bubble wrap" with aluminum foil adhered to both sides. It comes in a 48 inch roll (25 or 50 foot length). It will roll out and stay quite flat when it is positioned, and you can roll it back up for storage. It covered the large 2 piece windshield on our Damon Intruder. I used 2 pieces, as our windshield is the 2 piece version. Did not need any fasteners to hold it in place due to the design of the interior w/s moldings.
It does a great job in keeping the heat out. Planning to cut two more pieces for the side cockpit windows...they will be held in place by small pieces of VELCRO.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160725_100942152_HDR.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	301.4 KB
ID:	134147   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160725_101004548.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	134148  

Old 07-25-2016, 11:37 AM   #25
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaguy911 View Post
For those who may be on a tight budget......We used an insulating heat barrier that was purchased from Lowes. Basically a type of "bubble wrap" with aluminum foil adhered to both sides. It comes in a 48 inch roll (25 or 50 foot length). It will roll out and stay quite flat when it is positioned, and you can roll it back up for storage. It covered the large 2 piece windshield on our Damon Intruder. I used 2 pieces, as our windshield is the 2 piece version. Did not need any fasteners to hold it in place due to the design of the interior w/s moldings.
It does a great job in keeping the heat out. Planning to cut two more pieces for the side cockpit windows...they will be held in place by small pieces of VELCRO.

That's called "Reflectix", a very popular insulating material! We use that inside our windshield!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote