Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Windshield Gutter/Sunscreen Compatibility

I dislike the streaks that run down the windshield of the coach and was going to install this....

EZE RV Gutter System, 10' - Product - Camping World

Now that I have the exterior Sunscreens (see below) ordered for the windshield, anybody had any issues with the sunscreens on/near the gutter?

RV Sunscreen | No More Snaps, Drilling or Climbing
Anybody had any experience with this?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #2

I have the RV gutter down both sides of our coach and really like it. Be sure to clean the surface and when it sticks, it sticks!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 336muffin View Post
I have the RV gutter down both sides of our coach and really like it. Be sure to clean the surface and when it sticks, it sticks!
Glad to hear that...do you have outside sunscreens? Any issues with it and the gutter?
Old 04-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
I have both on my coach and the only problem is quite a wrinkle across the top third of the sunscreen. I don't know if it's the gutter or just the cut of the Prompt sunscreen. They took it back and said they redid it for me but it's still exactly the same. It may be just my coach as it has the top mounted mirrors that the sunscreen has to fit between.

2006 Newmar Dutch Star 4027
Harm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #5

I also have the sun screens with no issues.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Very well, I'm looking forward to getting it installed this weekend (the windshield gutter) did either of you install it yourself?

Appreciate any tips/pointers if you did. If you didn't, no worries, thanks for the response!!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #7

I ordered a 100ft. roll and did the install myself. Took my time and no problems.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
I ordered a 100ft. roll and did the install myself. Took my time and no problems.
So you put it over all your windows too then? I think it should go above my windshield rubber top and planning to mount it to the coach, not the glass....right above the rubber on the gray color.....?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-02-20_16-51-52_570.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	20110  
Old 04-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #9

I ran mine from the top of the windshield down the side of the body to the rear end. Where the factory attached the roof to the sides, 1/8 above this seam. This keeps the streaks off the sides of the body. Can't hardly tell it is there. Had a friend with similar coach and he wanted to know why the dew ran down the side of his and made streaks and I had to point it out that it was there. Also on the roof at the rear in front of the clearance lights, I ran another piece side to side to keep the dew from running down the rear. This helped a lot with clean up and looks. I have two places on each side of the MH and I can wipe them off with 1 small rag.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
I ran mine from the top of the windshield down the side of the body to the rear end. Where the factory attached the roof to the sides, 1/8 above this seam. This keeps the streaks off the sides of the body. Can't hardly tell it is there. Had a friend with similar coach and he wanted to know why the dew ran down the side of his and made streaks and I had to point it out that it was there. Also on the roof at the rear in front of the clearance lights, I ran another piece side to side to keep the dew from running down the rear. This helped a lot with clean up and looks. I have two places on each side of the MH and I can wipe them off with 1 small rag.
Good idea! My coach has gutter rails down the side, but one place where the joint is leaks down the side. I like that idea on the rear too!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Can we see a picture. I am having troble visualizing this. Did you break it up for the awning and slides?
Old 04-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #12

Can't get a pic, it is in the shed and I'm recooping from Hernia surgery and on some pretty good pain pills(thank goodness for spellchecker). Ok let me try this again, where the fiberglass roof cap is attached to the sidewalls there is a seam. Awning, sidewalls, slideouts, and slideout toppers are all under this seam. I ran a continuous RV Gutter 1/8 of a inch above this seam. On a American Coach, the fiberglass roof is one piece from the top of the windshield all the way back and down to the tail lights. The reason I did this above the seam,it keeps the seam dry and there are no cuts in the gutter for streaks, I have a streak at the front at the corner of the windshield down to the front bumper and another at the rear of the coach. These can be adressed from the ground after a rain or a morning dew. I chose the off white(cream) and it matches my colors very well. Look at the sideview of a AC on a dealers website and maybe this will help.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #13

No, it is one piece on each side, Can't get a pic now. Coach is in shed and I am recouping from Hernia surgery,sorry. The RV Gutter is above the fiberglass roof seam, this is above the awnings, slide toppers and slideouts. American Coach uses a one peice fiberglass roof cap that runs from the top of the windshield and all the way back and down the rear to the tail lights. I followed this seam 1/8 inch ABOVE this seam. This protects the seam and gives me a 42ft gutter. I ordered the cream colored gutter and got lucky, looks like it was made for the colors I have. I hope this helps. On my profile page I have a pic but I doubt it will show up very well.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #14

Told ya I was on pain pills! LOLLOL Thought I erased the first one by accident.