Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #1

Windshield Replacement 1994 Bounder

I visit my RV 2x a week where I have it stored (Uncle Bobs) San Antonio TX
Anyhow I go and start her up, run the gen and do my walk around and checks. Today I was so angry when I discovered someone had shot my windshield over 25 times.......already called the insurance agent, anyhow I have a $500 deductible and was wondering what does a windshield replace cost? I hate making claims if I can pay out of pocket.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #2

I had right side replaced several years ago. It was almost $1,200.00 total.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #3

Wow $1200 for one side a few years ago...both sides have to be replaced, $500 deductible sounds good. But IM so upset that someone would damage someone else's property. I worked hard to purchase something I could afford, and having so much fun redoing her inside.....planning on painting her in April.......
Old 02-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #4

Don't be surprised when your insurance agent tells you it's a $500 deductible for each side. I have heard of that happening in the past!
Old 02-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #5

I was told $500 total for the replacement of both sides. No matter IM still upset, and will be out $500......
Old 02-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #6

Very glad to hear that!
Old 02-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sorry to hear of the vandalism. People can be such losers.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior17 View Post
Anyhow I go and start her up, run the gen and do my walk around and checks. Today I was so angry when I discovered someone had shot my windshield over 25 times.......already called the insurance agent, anyhow I have a $500 deductible and was wondering what does a windshield replace cost? I hate making claims if I can pay out of pocket.
who do you have for ins. co. I have progresive had windshield repaired last summer on 07 hurricane no charge,only needed apoxy repair,but agent told me 0 deductable on glass.windshield on my f-150 was replaced no charge. i pay $500 per year full coverage all year on the rv,so far so good.
good luck
Rick
Old 02-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #9

I have progressive, but I need more than epoxy repair. Both windshields need to be replaced. Im going out of town (Flagstaff, AZ) in March and now gonna be $500 short of fun money.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:26 AM   #10

I have progressive might want to look over the policy I have $250 for glass one side was $1200
Old 02-19-2013, 06:52 AM   #11

Quote:
I was wondering what "Uncle Bob" had to say? In any event I would move to a more secure place. If they do it once they will do it again.

Anyway...sorry about your misfortune and good luck!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #12

Management said they are not responsible for any loss or damage for any property. I felt secured because I was told the property had cameras all over. When I asked if they could pull up video.......well only one area does not have a camera, LOL you guessed it, right where the RV's are parked.....My windshields have been ordered and will be installed by Duncan Service.........
Old 02-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #13

So, I'm wondering now which states require insurance to cover this for free? My windshield in my motorhome was pinged by a rock and my insurance company replaced it for free because it's a "safety item" in the state of Kentucky.
Cricket SW3 Personal Transporter
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Management said they are not responsible for any loss or damage for any property. I felt secured because I was told the property had cameras all over. When I asked if they could pull up video.......well only one area does not have a camera, LOL you guessed it, right where the RV's are parked.....My windshields have been ordered and will be installed by Duncan Service.........
I was told the same thing about camers at my storage facility so I looked around and could not see any cameras that could monitor the RV area. I questioned the owner and was told that all driveways, between all of the stotrage buildings, are monitored plus the keypad when you let yourself in the lot. I complained that all of the RV (parked side by side) were not visable in any camera and I would notify the other RV owners of this lack of security. Long story short, 3 more camers were installed pointing directly at the line of RV.

Tags
bounder, replacement