Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2014, 05:25 PM   #1

Windshield wiper adapter

Looking for a adapter to use regular wipers on MH instead of paying 43 bucks for one wiper Thanks Rich

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2014, 05:40 PM   #2

What does the attachment on the end of the wiper arm look like, and the wiper. Some wipers replacements have adapters in the package. We are fortunate to be able to buy regular wiper blades, 28 inch.

2013 FleetWood Expedition 38B

Old 09-08-2014, 06:19 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you have one of those hook at the end of they arm type, you have the same type as me and I faced with the same problem. I'm thinking that I may grind the width of the arm down so that it may if into the receiver area of the smaller blade. In Canada I paid $70.00 a piece for 30" blades, and they were very hard to find. Most places here carry up to 28". My thought was to grind down the arm and use the 28" blade.
Has anyone tried this?
IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:28 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've been driving about 2200 miles in the last couple weeks, a fair bit in pretty good rain. The last couple days I've been looking at my wipers and window, wondering how I could adjust things to mount a bigger blade. And now along comes this thread, with you guys trying to figure a way TO REDUCE YOUR VISIBILITY IN RAIN in order to save a few bucks! Do you carry your families with you??

Christ on a crutch!
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:14 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
I've been driving about 2200 miles in the last couple weeks, a fair bit in pretty good rain. The last couple days I've been looking at my wipers and window, wondering how I could adjust things to mount a bigger blade. And now along comes this thread, with you guys trying to figure a way TO REDUCE YOUR VISIBILITY IN RAIN in order to save a few bucks! Do you carry your families with you??

Christ on a crutch!

Whooa, I'm talking about loosing 1" off each end. Since I'm viewing through the middle of the swipe I didn't think it was such a loss of area.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 09-09-2014, 07:21 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushtrk99 View Post
Looking for a adapter to use regular wipers on MH instead of paying 43 bucks for one wiper Thanks Rich

J hook adapts arm to regular blades
Old 09-09-2014, 07:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post

Made by anco
Old 09-09-2014, 08:17 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post

Thanks for the info. You wouldn't happen to have a PN# would you ?

Old 09-09-2014, 02:22 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There is actually little, if any, difference between RV and Automotive wipers with one excption.. 28 inches

28 inches is about the longest you can get for a car.. it is, in fact, what my RV takes as well.. Some RV wipers are 30-more inches long.

IF that is the only change you need to make.... (More in a bit) then simply get new wiper blade assemblies, making sure the adapter fits the arm first.

IN my case the blade assmebly to arm mount is a bolt and nut.. I had to slightly drill out a hole to make it fit. But Fit it did and works perfectly.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:01 PM   #10

Has anyone found a replacement arm to use the 28" blades? I was given a set of 28" blades but my OEM arms with J hook is to wide to fit those blades.
johnsonk555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:16 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
There is actually little, if any, difference between RV and Automotive wipers with one excption.. 28 inches

28 inches is about the longest you can get for a car.. it is, in fact, what my RV takes as well.. Some RV wipers are 30-more inches long.

IF that is the only change you need to make.... (More in a bit) then simply get new wiper blade assemblies, making sure the adapter fits the arm first.

IN my case the blade assmebly to arm mount is a bolt and nut.. I had to slightly drill out a hole to make it fit. But Fit it did and works perfectly.
The Blades on my rig are 30" and quite expensive. The arms for these blades are wider by about 1/8" of an inch. This is why the 28" blades won't fit on the arm. Hadn't thought about replacing the whole arm assembly, I'll have to get some measurements and see what I can find. I thought it would just be easier to file down the arm at the J hook so that the narrower blade would fit. Not a huge fan of that idea but it was the only one I had at the time. I'll look into the replacement arm assemblies, my only concern with those is getting them long enough.

Thanks
Old 09-09-2014, 05:10 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bosch at wall mart will accept wide J hook. Just keep the plastic adapter from your old blade.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:28 PM   #13

2003 Allegro Bus, could not find wipers, but this web site will find them for you.
Wipers for almost any RV

http://www.tricoproducts.com/Drivers/WiperProducts/MoreProducts/RV
Jamie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDSailor View Post
Thanks for the info. You wouldn't happen to have a PN# would you ?

Anco # 48-17 j hook

Tags
ada