Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2018, 01:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
Any installer that knows their stuff will do it in about two hours from start to finish. Personally, after all the problems with Winegard, if I were doing this again, I'd look at RF Mogul.

https://rfmogul.com
I have to agree with Dennis. Have had two Travlers and both have failed. My current one Im into about a thousand dollars to get it working. Winegard stuff is really junk. But if you cant do it yourself 250 dollars plus parts and I would do it.
450Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2018, 05:06 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky573 View Post
Quincy,
I installed a VIP 722 DVR on my traveler. Dish does not carry this receiver any longer, but you can find them out there. I can now record on two TVs and watch different satellites on two TVs.
I also installed a Hopper w/Sling and wireless Joey’s on a friends traveler. Tons of record options and Dish still supports receivers.
If I was starting at scratch, I’d go with the Hopper.
I went with the VIP 722 because I had it in the house.
Thanks Bucky
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:11 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
DO NOT have Camping World install!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They will take the "Down and Dirty method...On our coach there is 2 wiring races inside and behind the cabinetry from the very front to the very rear of the coach..Even SHOWED the installers where the races and their access points were...
They Would NOT allow me to watch while it was in the shop...When they realized that I was watching thru an open Shop overhead door they closed all the doors....
Nope...........When they knew I could not watch them.... they used self tapping screws thru our pristine fiberglass roof every 18" on the outside (top) of the roof!!...
End result was nearly $9,000 worth of damage..Took it to the Factory in Nacogdoces, TX to be correctly installed and repair of the roof..
NEVER AGAIN will I ever Use or Recommend that ANYONE use a Camping World Shop!
Sad, Very sad. I had window awnings installed at CW years ago and was lucky enough to catch the installer mounting the awning so off center that you could see it as you walked up to the unit. Fortunately when he straightened the leg it barely covered the screw hole he made and that was only after caulking around the bracket. As you said, Never Again!!!!!!!!
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, travel