Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2010, 07:47 AM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-NC View Post
Ernie ans Tara,

Appreciate your reponse to my post, however since you have never driven a Class C then how can you compare both. You have to realize that not everyone can hop in a Class A and drive it everywhere. Since a Class C is on a cutaway chassis it gives the feeling of a van, a big van and a lot of people prefer to start that way. What you are saying is that a newbie can hop in a Prevost or any Class A like a DP and drive it, I doubt it.
I used to drive charter buses and have quite a few miles under my belt. That said when I went from a Class C to Class A I had to adjust my driving even though I had driven big buses. It especially makes a difference when it's yours and you paid for it.
Yes the floor plan does make a difference, however today the Class C's even have slide outs and their floor plans are pretty good especially if you check out the Winnebago line.
Again what a person prefers to drive is their personal opinion, however I was just giving my expertise since I have been driving motorhomes since 1989 and started driving charter buses in '84.
Enjoy!
Tom,

I had a large class C prior to getting my Itasca Suncruiser 38R (equivalent to the Adventurer with upgraded trim, etc), so I can compare the two. The primary reason I got my Suncruiser WAS because of the floor plan. Even a 31' class C with two slideouts was too small for my requirements. I agree that probably not everyone can just jump in a large class A and drive away secure in the fact that they know what is going on. Bit, IMO, the learning curve isn't all that steep and virtually anyone with a modicum of common sense and a knowlege of driving on the open road can be comfortable fairly quickly. I had zero problems adjusting to my much longer class A (as opposed to the class C) and I didn't have the benefit of driving large vehicles for years prior to that. I've had fivers, class C's and A's and my personal preference is for a fiver, but my wife prefers the larger A's. As you say personal preference is different from person to person.
golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2010, 07:08 PM   #16

TropicCafe

HIGHLY recommend you check out used(some still left as new on lots) 2008 Winnebago Voyage 32H. Standard equipment plus ALL options except power leather couch can be had for $100,000. Goes for $140,000 retail. Those prices are for NEW. Only made 2005-2008, then discontinued and 32H model moved to Adventurer. The 25' driver side slide will blow you away. There is virtually NO unused space in coach. I have heard second hand that RV consumer's inputs were heavily incorporated into this model.
I extend time (9 months of the year) and wife and I find it has all we need. Try to get it with the Workhorse chassis.

NAVYBLUE
navyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:23 PM   #17

We are on our second Winnie and have had great success. One thing I really like is the ability to get wiring diagrams, maintenance manuals, and the like on the Internet off their web site. Plus, their customer support folks are super and have helped me fix a few issues over the phone -- they know their stuff.

Good luck!

2020 Fleetwood Discovery 40M
rv rick is offline   Reply With Quote