Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Question for you-- was it your wife's choice We have a 2000 Winnebago 35U and have little or no problems with it. We quite enjoy it

Safe travels
sswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congrats on the new rig...sounds like both were good choices, which can sometimes be the hardest decisions to make. Best of luck to you!
Old 08-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the update.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #18

Congrats on your new coach. I'm sure you will get many, many happy miles out of it. Be sure to register it on the Winnebago site as a second owner. No special benefits other than notifications from Winnebago of any issues. You might want to explore their website for tons of information on the coach.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Question for you-- was it your wife's choice We have a 2000 Winnebago 35U and have little or no problems with it. We quite enjoy it

Safe travels
To answer your question, yes it was my wife's choice. Before I start another thread, maybe you can help me with my next question. What is the max towing capacity of my Adventurer 35B? I need to pull either a 2006 Jeep Commander or a Honda Civic.

Thanks Again--Edwin
edwincatano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
You probably have a sheet attached to a wall somewhere in a closet with your GCWR. Mine was on the wall in the double closet in the bedroom. I found mine is 26000#
I have weighed my 35U ready to go and I am at just over 18000#. That leaves me with lots of room (8000#) but don't really want to go there. I tow a 97 Ford F150 at about 4800# and if I use my machine to lift my 84 Aspencade into the back of the truck, I get to about 5900#. I use a brake buddy in the truck and have a 8500# tow bar. I towed the truck empty from Vancouver Island to Arizona and California this year and had no problem. I must admit that I upgraded the hitch on the MH as I did not like how light it was. (the main tube did not go thru the side supports) with that hitch I believe Winnebago says hitch weight cannot exceed 300#, even though mine said 500# right on the hitch. The V10 has enough power, the concern is more with braking in the mountains. You should be good with either of those vehicles if they can be towed 4 down.

My wife picked mine too, but it was mutual. Rig runs well and true on the highway

Steve
sswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
that is a great trip!!!went from LA up to Seattle on 101 last year!!! loved the view!!!
hondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:03 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good selection.
We purchased our 2001 Winnebago Adventurer 32V about 1 1/2 yrs ago.
~45,000 mi and we have NOT found anything that has an interior set up like this one.
The quality and workmanship is far above anything we have looked at.

I suggest that you check out the rear sway bar bushings.
The factory rubber ones seem to fall apart quickly. I replaced mine with the more stable polyurethane ones and the ride was much, much better. The front bushings were OK, so didn't do anything there.
Pics are attached.

Also, You probably have a 3-way switch on your dash for the coach heater fan. Be sure to check this to ensure it works in both Hi and Lo positions. If it does not work in both positions, please email me for more information.

I had a Jeep Wrangler as a toad but recently upgraded to a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I will be installing the base plate today. I don't expect that the additional 1,000 lbs towing will be a big issue as long as I adjust my driving to my new toad.

Enjoy your new MH and if you have any questions, please contact me. I'll be glad to share my knowledge and experience.

Regards,
Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010088.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	45524   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010082.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	45525