Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2016, 01:04 PM   #1

Winnebago Class A 29VE?

Thoughts on the 29ve? I haven't found any reviews?
Cusick4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2017, 06:13 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
I realize this is an old thread, but maybe folks have some thoughts now.
DW and I are looking at one of these, would like to hear from folks who have one.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:58 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't have a 29VE but I do have a 30B. My question to you is what are the areas of concern to you. Floor plan ? Storage ? Handling ?

Give us some direction so that answers to your questions can be offered versus someone telling you they don't like the side of the MH that the ladder is on.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:20 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Well you've sort of brought up my point, which is what SHOULD I be concerned about. I'm fishing for those things that a test drive and PDI won't point out, things that only surface after you've had it for weeks or months.

To us the floor plan seems to be great for us, enough room and storage both inside and out for the way we'll use it.

I haven't had a chance to test drive one yet (hopefully this weekend), but would like to know how it handles cross winds and semis on the interstate. My current 34' coach just gets a slight nudge from a passing semi. I can easily correct for it, no white-knuckled driving on the interstate. Mild cross winds require much more of my attention, I assume the same would be true for the 29VE.

It only has single pane windows, has that caused any issues with heating/cooling or noise. (I've read some threads on the pros and cons of single pane windows, like many other things the answers vary depending upon who's giving the answer. And folks on both sides of the debate have good points to make.)

My biggest concern, and one that I couldn't really get an answer to in a test drive - at least not at this time of year - is whether or not the single AC unit is enough to cool the coach reasonably well. It seems to me like it might could use a second AC, but that doesn't appear to be an option. I realize you can close vents to force the air into one end of the coach or another, and close off the bedroom, but is that enough?
Old 01-22-2017, 05:27 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Just FYI
I drove one of these yesterday and was VERY surprised out how quiet it was regarding engine noise. Yes it could still clearly be heard, but we'd driven other new ones that were MUCH louder (much louder in fact than my old Southwind now - but I've added quite a bit of sound proofing to the doghouse area).
I was expecting to HAVE to add sound proofing to the doghouse in this, and while if I get one I probably still will, but it would just be to try to make it even quieter, as opposed to making it tolerable.
So far, pleasantly surprised with it. Sill in the 'thinking about it' stage, but thinking about it much harder now.

Tags
winnebago, class a