Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2017, 09:52 AM   #1

Winnebago Class A Warranty Service Mid Atlantic

WE have a new 2016 Itasca Ellipse and we need to find a dealer for some warranty repairs. We bought the motorhome in Denver Co and do not know when we will get back to that area so that is not a real option. We live in Southern MD. The centers that come up when I do a Dealer Search are McGeorges Rolling Hills RV in Ashland VA, Stolfus RV and Marine in West Chester PA; Camping World RV in Garner NC. I think I can use Beckleys in Thurmont MD and maybe Camping World in Fredericksburg VA. In the winter we will spend a few months in Ft Myers FL and we are close to NorthTrails and LaMesa RV. Any and all comments are appreciated.

Things we need working on are
1)bedroom sliding door damage and needs adjusting to clear cabinets when bedroom slide is extended;
2) cabinet by sliding door damaged
3)central vacuum has restriction/kink in installation hose so that need to be cleared or replaced; may require removal of black and grey tanks.
4(we have two cracked tiles
There are a few other things but above are the bigger items.

Tom

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2017, 10:19 AM   #2

Camping World of Fredericksburg (formerly Safford RV) and where I bought my Suncruise from in 12 had really decent service department. They just sold recently so not sure if the Tech's stayed or left. McGeorge's not so much, though Camping World also owns them. In the past, if you didn't buy from them they wouldn't give you the time of day. Don't know about now. However, you may want to call and see how long begore you can get in. They are both always busy.

Old 05-26-2017, 01:03 PM   #3

Do not take your coach to McGeorges or Stolfus they are both useless. Beckley's is OK but very slow. Either of the dealers in Florida are decent with the edge going to La Mesa. I would never ever let any Camping World dealer work on my coach. You might try a local independent RV repair shop and ask them if they will work with Winnebago on the warranty repairs.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:06 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Tom, if you can get back to Forest City, I'd highly recommend factory service.
1) They start on the coach the day of your appointment, you're not just dropping it off.
2) The tech that's doing the work is the one that reviews your work list with you, not a service writer.
3) You get your coach back each night, with a review of day's work by the tech.
4) Dealers can't have all the intimate knowledge of Winnebagos, the work on all brands and all types.
5) dealers sure as heck can't have all the parts.
When we purchased our last WGO, we told the dealer (in Mich) "thank you very much, you'll never see it again" and we headed for Forest City for all warranty work.

Skip Y
2010 Journey 40TD
2015 Equinox
Old 05-26-2017, 11:49 PM   #5

Totally agree on Camping World. Stay as far away as you can. My problems with them continue to haunt me. Going to the factory is the best way to go and best use of your time. Great people and great experience. Been there twice with our 2916 Vista LX.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:50 PM   #6

Sorry. 2016

Tags
class a, service, warranty, winnebago