Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-27-2016, 10:10 AM   #1
Winnebago Slideout Cable Carrier

I have a 2014 Winnebago Vista with two slideouts. This year I noticed pieces of what was found to be broken cable carrier links on the floor after the living room slideout was extended. The cable carrier links are manufactured by IGUS. This info was found after I google searched "IGUS" after obtaining their name off of one of the broken pieces.

I believe a total of two to three links have been damaged. I will see if Winnebago can assist me in repairing the cable carrier and/or see if my Good Sam Extended Warranty will cover parts and labor. I am not holding my breath.

My question to the forum is whether or not other RV owners experienced this issue and secondly, is it a bear to replace the parts by myself?

This is my first post so please forgive me if I posted my problem in the wrong section

mainsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2016, 01:16 PM   #2
The Igus cable carrier supports the cables providing power to your slide, if you extend the slide and look underneath, usually right near the ends you will see where it attaches. The problem I had with my Suncruiser is that Winnebago uses pop rivets to hold the Igus carrier to the slide at the ends and it quickly becomes loose, allowing the system to flex and break.
I am sure Winnebago will take care of your problem but if not you can order the individual chain pieces from McMaster Carr. You will have no problem replacing the failed pieces, they just snap together. I would recommend you attach the end piece to the slide with nuts, bolts, and washers instead of pop rivets, it will last much longer.

Just my $0.02

2016 Fleetwood Flair 29T
j.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:33 PM   #3
Thanks for the tip and source for replacement parts. The mounting bracket appears inaccessible due to the slideout. That issue I have to figure out before I replace broken links
mainsail is offline   Reply With Quote

slide, slideout, winnebago