Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2008, 09:12 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Anything specific to look for.Even though it has no slide I do like it.Let me know the good,bad and the ugly about this model.It's a long drive to look at it so I need to know if it will be worth it.Any ideas what I should offer if it is as good as it looks.You can see it here.
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/rvs/865473326.html
Hugs Peabody

Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2008, 09:12 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Anything specific to look for.Even though it has no slide I do like it.Let me know the good,bad and the ugly about this model.It's a long drive to look at it so I need to know if it will be worth it.Any ideas what I should offer if it is as good as it looks.You can see it here.
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/rvs/865473326.html
Hugs Peabody

Old 10-04-2008, 12:17 PM   #3

The older Vectra's appeared to be pretty solid coaches. Many years ago we looked at a used 92 Vectra and were impressed with the interior fit and finish.

Before committing to buy, you would be well served to have it thoroughly checked out by a qualified RV repair facility to make sure all systems work and there's no potential problems that need addressed.

Also get all maintenance records from the original owner and review them carefully to ensure it's been properly serviced and maintained. That way you won't be in for any surprises.

Best of luck

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:51 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
I saw no mention as to engine, transmission or equipment on his site...

MM
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:22 PM   #5

According to the spe - it's a 230 Cummins with a 6/2 automatic. It may or may not have a generator, and if it does it's almost certainly propane.

It should be a solid coach. The only problem I'd have is the unrealistically low mileage. It has obviously sat a lot. If it was stored under cover, it probably only needs a full going over - fluids, belts, hoses, tires, etc. to be roadworthy. Figure on spending a couple of grand for all that - double it if tires need replacing (and they almost certainly do, if only from age).

Unless you're an experienced RV'er, I'd strongly consider paying a professional inspector a few hundred $$ for a report. You may lose the $$ for the inspection, but you won't have a $30K lemon on your hands.

If I was in that market, I'd definitely look at it!!

Here's a link to the brochure for the '93's.:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/products/previous-models/19...go/93-Vectra-bro.pdf

FMCA; WIT; FCOA; Good Sam; Passport
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:58 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Are you sure you want something with no slides? I'd really think hard about that. That extra room makes a big difference.
There's a 36' with one slide here in Lacy for not much more than that. It's at a dealer that I bought my other m/h from and he's a good, honest guy. I think it's an 01. If you want more info on it, let me know.
Bruce
Old 10-04-2008, 02:14 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi Bruce,
More info on that other Vectra would be great Thanks. Hugs Peabody
Old 10-04-2008, 03:45 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I second Norm's comment on the low mileage. Mine is 10 years newer and has 10k more miles!!! Low miles is good in that things are not worn out ...but bad in that things may have gone to pot from lack of use. Sitting too much ruins things like tires, bearings, seals, etc and makes it more likely to have critter nests here and there and spider webs in water heater/refrigerator burner tubes, etc.

It does look nice, but also needs a thorough going over by someone very familiar with all RV systems to identify everything that might need a little attention.